[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tanstaafl_bh

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Awesome!!! Thanks yuoo2k!

I won't be able to upgrade TB until tomorrow to test, but will be doing so asap!

Will provide feedback as soon as I have some.

Thanks again!!!

yuoo2k wrote:
tanstaafl_bh wrote:Hi yuoo2k...
Ok, Thunderbird 17 is now released, so, hopefully it won't be too much trouble to add support for it in PT?
I would love to be able to switch from Hide Menubar to PT...
Asl always, thanks so much for PT (and Hide Menubar!), and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Charles

Hello,
I've added the support for Thunderbird 17+, please try the new version:

v1.0.20121130: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Support Thunderbird 17+
h13.Bishop

Post by h13.Bishop »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:h13.Bishop,

I have seen this happen before, but only very rarely, and it is easy enough to fix - I just had to 'Restore Default Set' to fix it.

The *only* issue I have right now with PT and Firefox is for some reason, one profile (probably my oldest) simply won't display
the 'Menu' (I use 'Tinymenu' addon). When I unhide the menu bar it is there, but when I had it again, it is gone, and restoring
default set won't fix it. I just haven't taken the time to start over with a fresh profile because it isn't that big of a deal

Or, maybe you have another extension conflicting somewhere... what other extensions do you use?

'Restore Default Set' fixed my problem. Thank you veeery much. =D>
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k,

Ok, seems to work well in Windows 7, but XP as a minor visual issue - looks like it needs to be a little 'taller'...

Without a tab bar showing:

With a tab bar showing:

Images uploaded with ImageShack.us

Other than this, seems to be fine...

Thanks so very very much! I love it!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Ok, seems to work well in Windows 7, but XP as a minor visual issue - looks like it needs to be a little 'taller'...

Ok, this new version should be better:
v1.0.20121204: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: [TB] Title Bar overlap Tabs Bar in Windows XP.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Perfect!

Oh - I think you got the version/date wrong (should be 20121204, not 20121104)...

Thanks so much! I can't wait to install this on my netbook... :)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Oh - I think you got the version/date wrong (should be 20121204, not 20121104)...

You are right, upload new package, thanks!
TSCTH

Post by TSCTH »

I've got a minor aesthetic incompatibility bug. When i place Adblock Plus 2.2.1 and Restartless Restart 8 on the title-bar through your excellent extension, they disappear every time i restart my browser.
Disabling all other extensions doesn't fix it, but if i place them anywhere else (tool bar, addon bar, etc) they don't disappear anymore. So it's not a mayor or debilitating, but it would greatly help the flow your extension provided me, if i would but them there.
In case it's important, I'm running Firefox 17.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0) on XP Professional (Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0).

And thank you so much for the excellent extension. It look my Firefox from looking good, to looking absolutely awesome.
pein0saga

Post by pein0saga »

TSCTH wrote:I've got a minor aesthetic incompatibility bug. When i place Adblock Plus 2.2.1 and Restartless Restart 8 on the title-bar through your excellent extension, they disappear every time i restart my browser.
Disabling all other extensions doesn't fix it, but if i place them anywhere else (tool bar, addon bar, etc) they don't disappear anymore. So it's not a mayor or debilitating, but it would greatly help the flow your extension provided me, if i would but them there.
In case it's important, I'm running Firefox 17.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0) on XP Professional (Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0).

And thank you so much for the excellent extension. It look my Firefox from looking good, to looking absolutely awesome.

Me too.This puzzled me a lot.Really urgent to solve!
Eyesight and values conquer humans!
dabruro

Post by dabruro »

Great addon, but why do recent versions declare themselves as incompatible with firefox versions prior to 17?? You're writing off corporate users who use the ESR (an official mozilla extended support/service release) version of firefox, which is still on version 10.x. Not to mention some of us who use firefox derivatives that aren't yet identified as "17" even though they may have incorporated recent bugfixes through the standard ff 17. Unless there's a particular new bug with all versions of this addon prior to 17, would you please set it back to Firefox 4.0+ compatibility like it was before? If that's not possible, could you at least put something in the description telling people they can use Version 1.0.20111112 and what to click on down below to find it? It takes two or three steps to find it.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

pein0saga wrote:
TSCTH wrote:I've got a minor aesthetic incompatibility bug. When i place Adblock Plus 2.2.1 and Restartless Restart 8 on the title-bar through your excellent extension, they disappear every time i restart my browser.

Me too.This puzzled me a lot.Really urgent to solve!

Since this problem only exists for these two extensions, it makes more sense to me that the problem lies with them, not Personal Titlebar...

Have you reported this problem to those two extension authors?
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

dabruro wrote:Great addon, but why do recent versions declare themselves as incompatible with firefox versions prior to 17?? You're writing off corporate users who use the ESR (an official mozilla extended support/service release) version of firefox, which is still on version 10.x. Not to mention some of us who use firefox derivatives that aren't yet identified as "17" even though they may have incorporated recent bugfixes through the standard ff 17. Unless there's a particular new bug with all versions of this addon prior to 17, would you please set it back to Firefox 4.0+ compatibility like it was before? If that's not possible, could you at least put something in the description telling people they can use Version 1.0.20111112 and what to click on down below to find it? It takes two or three steps to find it.

Ummm... 17 IS the current ESR version. The current release version is 18.0.1...

Personally I don't see any legitimate reason to ask extension authors to continue supporting old/unsupported versions of Firefox.

If you insist on using something old/unsupported, then you need to learn how to edit the extension rdf file for the version you want to use, and hope for the best.
Kenito

Post by Kenito »

Hi there-

I know it's been a while and my personal request may seem a bit consequential, but the Personal Titlebar extension is a must-have for me as a person who's used to drop-down menus for history/bookmarks and a window title co-existing on the same row to maximize vertical screen real estate. My one issue is that there's no apparent way to push the tabs up in line with the title bar (in this case, they would follow the app button and the personal titlebar additions) as is usually the case when the browser doesn't have the original menu bar enabled. You suggested setting the padding for the #personal-titlebar element to 0 and marking it with !important, but that no longer seems to work unless I'm just overlooking something or am having a conflict with another addon. In any case, if you could clear this up to me it'd be dearly appreciated. Thanks for continuing to maintain this extension!
Sanni

Post by Sanni »

Hi

Looks like that the latest Nightly changes broke this excellent extension :(
The dev's have changed names of chrome elements, so that can be a culprit.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Sanni wrote:Looks like that the latest Nightly changes broke this excellent extension :(
The dev's have changed names of chrome elements, so that can be a culprit.

Thanks for the report, please try this version:
v1.0.20130516: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Compatible with Firefox 24+
hakubo

Post by hakubo »

There's a problem with the current Aurora (version 23): initialization fails and the bookmarks bar becomes empty.

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 18.05.2013 12:29:34
Error: ReferenceError: BookmarksMenuButton is not defined
Source File: chrome://personaltitlebar/content/browserOverlay.js
Line: 61

And I can't install the latest version linked above: "Not available for Firefox 23.0".