[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
happysurf

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by happysurf »

This problem appear in XP and Seven 32 bit.
I tried with clean profiles but is still here, maybe the fault is my FF 4 layout:
First line > Web page title;
Second line > Tabs Bar
Third line > Navigation Toolbar + Omnibar addon
Fourth line > Bookmark toolbar with > Menu Bar elements > flexible space > Forecastfox.
http://imm.io/4qVv
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
trintog

Post by trintog »

Hi! Great addon. But I hava a problem with menubar. When I go to customization menu it is showed as on pic:

But after I click OK to done with customization, the menu is disapeares:

When I first install this addon, everything was ok but after some time (maybe FF or extension update) it was gone and I can't get it back.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

happysurf wrote:This problem appear in XP and Seven 32 bit.
I tried with clean profiles but is still here, maybe the fault is my FF 4 layout:
Second line > Tabs Bar
Fourth line > Bookmark toolbar with > Menu Bar elements > flexible space > Forecastfox.

Hello, please create a new profile, install the latest PersonalTitlebar, and help to find the reproduce steps, thank you.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

trintog wrote:When I go to customization menu it is showed as on pic:

But after I click OK to done with customization, the menu is disapeares:

When I first install this addon, everything was ok but after some time (maybe FF or extension update) it was gone and I can't get it back.

Hello, try press F10 key that can toggle the Menu items.
trintog

Post by trintog »

F10 works! Thanx for quick tip.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

yuoo2k wrote:
happysurf wrote:This problem appear in XP and Seven 32 bit.
Second line > Tabs Bar

Hello, please create a new profile, install the latest PersonalTitlebar, and help to find the reproduce steps, thank you.

I have the last version of Personal Titlebar but unfortunately the problem is still present.
Look the image for better understand, after print preview and close the XP theme title bar appear over the FF 4 one.
At this point is sufficient modify something in FF 4 UI like Ctrl + shif t+ / for hide or show the addon bar or other toolbar and then FF 4 title bar reappear again.
Thank you for your support.

yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

happysurf wrote:Look the image for better understand, after print preview and close the XP theme title bar appear over the FF 4 one.
At this point is sufficient modify something in FF 4 UI like Ctrl + shif t+ / for hide or show the addon bar or other toolbar and then FF 4 title bar reappear again.

Hello, if I can't reproduce the problem, I can't find the solution for it.
So, please give me the reproduce steps, thank you.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

happysurf wrote:I have a bug, follow this steps for reproduce it;
- With Personal Titlebar enabled > print preview;
- Click to close for come back to web page, now the XP theme titlebar overlapped the Firefox one.
Any idea?

yuoo2k wrote:
happysurf wrote:Look the image for better understand, after print preview and close the XP theme title bar appear over the FF 4 one.

Hello, if I can't reproduce the problem, I can't find the solution for it.
So, please give me the reproduce steps, thank you.

I have already describe above the steps for reproduce my problem but if for you are useless is not my fault.
In any case I have a good news for you, the problem is related in my case to Print Edit addon.
Cheers.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

happysurf wrote:I have already describe above the steps for reproduce my problem but if for you are useless is not my fault.
In any case I have a good news for you, the problem is related in my case to Print Edit addon.
Cheers.

OK, let's figure out, if this is an extension conflict problem.
First, would you please create a new profile, install Personal Titlebar, so there is no other extensions (only Personal Titlebar in your Add-ons Manager).
Can you reproduce the same problem in this situation ?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v1.0.20110327: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: After customize toolbar, the first tab's title is changed to "New Tab".
+ Fixed: Incompatible with "Google Toolbar" extension.
+ Fixed: The text shadow causes some toolbar item's text hard to read.
about:config
+ Added: "extensions.personaltitlebar.textcolor", [ true | false ]
+ Added: "extensions.personaltitlebar.titletext.align", [ 0 | 1 | 2 ]
Sealord

Post by Sealord »

yuoo2k wrote:
dedonoe wrote:How can i remove the shadow under the menu bar text?

Add the following setting in your userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#personal-titlebar tabs tab,
#personal-titlebar toolbarbutton,
#personal-titlebar toolbaritem > label,
#personal-titlebar menubar > menu {
  text-shadow: none !important;
  color: #000 !important;
}

Version 1.0.20110327 March 27, 2011
WinXP SP3
My experience with the NEW version:
For the userChrome.css setting mentioned above to work when Bookmarks Toolbar is added to Menu Bar, then the setting in about:config "extensions.personaltitlebar.textcolor" needs to be set to false. Otherwise menu bar items and bookmarks toolbar items are different fonts and shadow styles. Former is changed, latter is not.

Actually the userChrome.css setting is not needed anymore in the new version. The toggle about:config "extensions.personaltitlebar.textcolor" fixes the problem of shadow/no shadow nicely. Leaving the userChrome.css fix can produce a hybrid result.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

First, I have been using your Hide Menubar, and have had everything that was on the navigation toolbar on the menu (yes, awesome bar and google searchbox too), and hidden the nav bar. Its been working great ever since you squashed the last bug... so, thank you thank you for Hide menu bar...

Now, I'm looking into taking the last step to reclaiming *all* of my wasted vertical screen space, and switching to the Personal Titlebar... it looks like this is just plain going to rock!

One niggle though - is there any way to change the background color of the titlebar to just plain white? Or even grey like the menu bar? The icons look weird on the blue background.

Also - what are the chances of adding support for Thunderbird... (Charles ducks as yuoo2k throws his keyboard at him)

:)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:is there any way to change the background color of the titlebar to just plain white? Or even grey like the menu bar? The icons look weird on the blue background.

Hello, as I known, some themes support to change the Titlebar background under Windows XP, how about take one of them.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/themes/

tanstaafl_bh wrote:what are the chances of adding support for Thunderbird...

Personal Titlebar is based on the ability of Firefox 4 allows to draw things on title bar.
So, this is depends on when the Thunderbird supports to render items on title bar.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

yuoo2k wrote:
happysurf wrote:I have already describe above the steps for reproduce my problem but if for you are useless is not my fault.
Cheers.

OK, let's figure out, if this is an extension conflict problem.
First, would you please create a new profile, install Personal Titlebar, so there is no other extensions (only Personal Titlebar in your Add-ons Manager).
Can you reproduce the same problem in this situation ?

No, all is OK with only Personal Titlebar installed but I noticed a strange annoying thing, if you move the Menu Bar in Bookmarks Toolbar (see the image in my previous post) while you download a file the Menu bar text became inactive up to the end. (light gray color).
If you move the Menu Bar in Tab Bar this problem is not present.
BrunoReX

Post by BrunoReX »

For some reason, I can't do bookmarks operations (delete, or even get to the properties dialog) if the bookmarks toolbar is on the title bar anymore, this used to work just fine. Happens even with a new profile.

Edit
It's working after a reboot, I think something was "stuck". #-o

Another edit
It's happening again. Seems like an intermittent problem, I don't know how to reproduce it. :oops: