Add-ons Manager Hilite [Thunderbird & Legacy]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tonymec

Re: [Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite

Post by tonymec »

bob99 wrote:
tonymec wrote:IIRC, extension options, like all preferences, are per profile (stored between browser runs in prefs.js at top level in the profile directory). Did you bring them over to the new profile?
No I didn't reuse the old prefs.js file. I wanted a new clean profile to use with e10s so I had to drop many of my old addons that weren't compatible.
Well, after installing Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile, did you set the extension's preferences while running in that new profile? If you didn't, you'll get whatever preference values are the default, not necessarily what you had (and still have) in your older profile.
Best regards,
Tony
bob99

Post by bob99 »

tonymec wrote:Well, after installing Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile, did you set the extension's preferences while running in that new profile? If you didn't, you'll get whatever preference values are the default, not necessarily what you had (and still have) in your older profile.
Yes I set the preferences for Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile the same as in the old profile.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

bob99 wrote:I don't know why but after upgrading to FF 54 and making a new profile this addon doesn't work reliably anymore. I did install some new addons that weren't in my old profile but I disabled all of those to make the new profile similar to the old profile and it still doesn't work correctly. If I click on an addon's "More" link and then go back it doesn't remember the last position I was on. Going back also resets the sorting to "Name". If I close the Add-on Manager and then undo the close tab it doesn't remember the last position (I have "Always Restore Hilite" checked). Same happens when I restart FF.

Strangely my old profile still works fine after updating to FF 54.
I could not repro this (tested on fx 56). Please try it in a *totally* clean profile. (Test on a category with more than one item, or install something that doesn't do much - like my Shadglo Library Toolbar Skin.) Occasionally something will not revert completely clean, even when disabled. Also try unchecking "Always Restore Hilite", disable add-on, enable again and recheck it. If you can reproduce issue in clean prof, please send exact steps to reproduce.
VLMin

Add-ons Manager Hilite: Shortcut to place cursor in search b

Post by VLMin »

Greetings! Is there a shortcut to place the cursor in the "Select Add-on" box? If not, would you consider making a registered shortcut available (keyconfig configurable)?

Thank you!
custom.firefox.lady

Re: Add-ons Manager Hilite: Shortcut to place cursor in sear

VLMin wrote:Greetings! Is there a shortcut to place the cursor in the "Select Add-on" box? If not, would you consider making a registered shortcut available (keyconfig configurable)?

Thank you!
No, there isn't. Since it's no longer compatible with current Firefox versions (still works in T-bird & Seamonkey AFAIK), it's unlikely to get any feature updates, sorry.
VLMin

Post by VLMin »

I understand. Have you considered Pale Moon? We have a population totally committed to the XUL-based approach to extensions, and I'm sure yours would be a welcome addition to the Pale Moon extensions page, https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/. IT has been discussed recently in the PM forum; that's how I found my way to it.

Best regards,
grahamperrin

Addons Manager Hilite 3.0 compatibility

Post by grahamperrin »

custom.firefox.lady wrote:… no longer compatible with current Firefox versions (still works in T-bird & Seamonkey AFAIK), …
Addons Manager Hilite 3.0 is:

- compatible with Waterfox 56.0.3
- partly compatible with Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit) if Firefox is built with the option below

Code: Select all

MOZ_ALLOW_LEGACY_EXTENSIONS=1
With a custom-built Firefox:

- highlighting works (selection is remembered)
- ☑ Show 'Select Add-on List does not work.
custom.firefox.lady

@ grahamperrin:
You say it is partly compatible; I say it's half broken. Maybe it already has twice as many features as it needs? :lol:
Seriously though, from https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/dev- ... 03831.html
"we plan to remove support for bootstrapped extensions altogether in Firefox 65" And Nightly is already at 64, so I suspect it might well be totally broken before long. Uncertain what waterfox's future plans are.
grahamperrin

Thanks

Post by grahamperrin »

Ha,
custom.firefox.lady wrote:… I say it's half broken. …
as the developer, you're allowed to say that. I wouldn't be so rude :lol:

Whilst I occasionally glance at the dependency tree https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdepend ... id=1347507 for Stuff we can remove when legacy extensions are no longer supported, I wasn't aware of the planned date for bootstrapped extensions. I added a quote to bug 1449052.
custom.firefox.lady

grahamperrin wrote: Whilst I occasionally glance at the dependency tree https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdepend ... id=1347507 for Stuff we can remove when legacy extensions are no longer supported, I wasn't aware of the planned date for bootstrapped extensions. I added a quote to bug 1449052.
Just to follow-up on this, the removal has occurred in Fx 65.0a1 (2018-11-30). IIUC the removal should not affect Thunderbird due to Bug 1510097. But in Fx 65 all bootstrapped extensions, including this one, are now completely broken. Addons Mgr. shows them as 'disabled' and the only available option is 'remove'.