MozillaZine

[Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Post Posted December 10th, 2013, 8:10 am

Closing the addons window and opening it again (with hotkey) with latest beta the sorting seems to change back to FF default. But if I change sections I get the date based sorting working again. (extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.updatedSort is enabled)

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 10th, 2013, 8:31 pm

avada wrote:Closing the addons window and opening it again (with hotkey) with latest beta the sorting seems to change back to FF default. But if I change sections I get the date based sorting working again. (extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.updatedSort is enabled)

Confirmed bug: If 'Always Restore Hilite' option is off and date based sorting is on, date based sorting is not taking effect on Add-ons Manager load.

Thanks for the report. The extension seems to be attempting to sort before the add-on list is completely ready. Should be fixed in next beta.

avada

Post Posted December 11th, 2013, 9:38 am

custom.firefox.lady wrote:
avada wrote:Closing the addons window and opening it again (with hotkey) with latest beta the sorting seems to change back to FF default. But if I change sections I get the date based sorting working again. (extensions.addonsmgrhilte@cfl.updatedSort is enabled)

Confirmed bug: If 'Always Restore Hilite' option is off and date based sorting is on, date based sorting is not taking effect on Add-ons Manager load.

Thanks for the report. The extension seems to be attempting to sort before the add-on list is completely ready. Should be fixed in next beta.

Swell.
Though I don't think 'Always Restore Hilite' option is relevant, because I have it enabled and it happens just the same.

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 11th, 2013, 12:21 pm

avada wrote:Swell. Though I don't think 'Always Restore Hilite' option is relevant, because I have it enabled and it happens just the same.

That was the only way I could repro it here. Regardless, try beta 3 when I get it out and let me know whether the issue still occurs.

Zoolcar9

Post Posted December 11th, 2013, 5:25 pm

More add-on types (in bolded text) that need to be added

Language tools:
  • dictionary - dictionary (for speelcheekcing)
  • locale - language packs
Add-on types added by extensions:

p.s.
Like userstyle type, greasemonkey-user-script and custombuttons types have their own sorting (dontSort = true).

edit

Never mind. It's been done :)
https://gist.github.com/LouCypher/9bef48285237609c1193/raw/bootstrap.js
Based on v2.1b2 v2.1b3

See the diff here
http://www.diffchecker.com/ac0ajigf

Tested and worked.
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on December 16th, 2013, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 16th, 2013, 10:41 am

Addons Manager Hilite 2.1b3 is now available for testing:

Changes since 2.1b2:
* Fixed: Sorting Option not always properly applied upon loading of Add-ons Manager

Pushing this to release soon to get these multiple bugfixes out; please report any issues promptly. Thanks to all testers!

Zoolcar9

Post Posted December 16th, 2013, 4:39 pm

What about my patch?

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 17th, 2013, 7:14 am

Zoolcar9 wrote:What about my patch?

Hi Zoolcar9,
Your patch looks fine. Would you like it included in Addons Manager Hilite 2.1? Just say so, and I'll include it in a quick release candidate. (The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.) See you found a missing 'break;' affecting the 'Services' category too; thanks!

@avada:
Does beta 3 seem to fix your issue?

Zoolcar9

Post Posted December 17th, 2013, 7:36 am

custom.firefox.lady wrote:Your patch looks fine. Would you like it included in Addons Manager Hilite 2.1?

Of course. It's your code anyway :)

custom.firefox.lady wrote:(The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.)

You might want to try `addonTypes` property in `AddonManager` object.

avada

Post Posted December 17th, 2013, 7:37 am

custom.firefox.lady wrote:@avada:
Does beta 3 seem to fix your issue?

Yes. There's a significant delay (1-2s) before the sorting is applied, but I guess that's just how long it takes to finish the process when you have a lot of extensions.
custom.firefox.lady wrote:(The 'supported categories' list is getting a bit long. I might eventually attempt to dynamically generate that.)

That makes sense. Who knows what adds categories that people might want...

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 17th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Addons Manager Hilite 2.1rc is now available for testing:

Changes since 2.1b3:
* Added: Support for Dictionaries/Language Packs, Scriptish userscripts, and Custom Buttons (patch by Zoolcar9)
* Ignore sort option for Greasemonkey Userscripts and Custom Buttons categories (since they provide their own sorting buttons)
* Fixed: Issue with Services category

Known issues:
* Adding items such as userscripts, 'Custom Buttons' buttons, etc. may not immediately add them to the Autocomplete Listbox. They will appear next time the Add-on Manager is opened (or press F5 to refresh).
* Enabling the (off by default) sorting option may cause some delay as the items resort

Please report any bugs you might find. Thanks.

avada wrote:There's a significant delay (1-2s) before the sorting is applied, but I guess that's
just how long it takes to finish the process when you have a lot of extensions.

There's probably room for improvement in the speed here, but since this is an off-by-default option (and sorting is not the main purpose of this extension), it's low priority.

@Zoolcar9
Your patch is included; thanks for your effort. You mentioned the 'dontSort' bit for custombuttons, but that wasn't included in your patch, so I added it.

Zoolcar9

Post Posted December 17th, 2013, 8:49 pm

custom.firefox.lady wrote:You mentioned the 'dontSort' bit for custombuttons, but that wasn't included in your patch, so I added it.

It was included in code based on 2.1b2 but I missed it when updated to 2.1b3.
Thanks for the update.

avada

Post Posted December 18th, 2013, 5:31 am

custom.firefox.lady wrote:* Ignore sort option for Greasemonkey Userscripts and Custom Buttons categories (since they provide their own sorting buttons).

That never worked, right? Because I don't remember the scripts being sorted by install date. Too bad they neglected a button for that...

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted December 18th, 2013, 6:36 am

avada wrote:That never worked, right? Because I don't remember the scripts being sorted by install date. Too bad they neglected a button for that...

It was very buggy and I hadn't intended for it to be enabled at all. I could override Greasmonkey's sort, but I'd much prefer that they added their own sort button for this. Why don't you contact Greasemonkey's author and request it?

Bogo

Post Posted August 18th, 2015, 12:56 am

I have Firefox 40.0.2. Both »Addons Manager Hilite« and »All-in-one Sidebar« work wonderful.
But: »Addons Manager Hilite« influences »All-in-one Sidebar« negatively: i.e. the scrollbar is not visible and not the whole lines of the add-ons are visible.
Deinstalling »Addons Manager Hilite« all problems are gone....
Could you please have a look into that?
THANK YOU very much!

Return to Extension/Theme Releases