[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Jack Black

Missing icon

Post by Jack Black »

anon42 wrote:I noticed a small "glitch" in the S4E preferences toolbar. The icon for the "Status bar" is missing as shown below:

Must be because Mozilla removed the icon in recent Firefox versions. To fix this, one has to modify Status-4-Evar's chrome\skin\all\prefs.css and turn this:

Code: Select all

radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"]
{
	list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.png");
}
to this:

radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"]
{
list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg");
}

Or use Stylish and add the following user style:

@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul){radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"]
{list-style-image:url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg")!important}}
anon42

Re: Missing icon

Post by anon42 »

Jack Black wrote:Must be because Mozilla removed the icon in recent Firefox versions. To fix this, one has to modify Status-4-Evar's chrome\skin\all\prefs.css and turn this:
- - -
Or use Stylish and add the following user style:
- - -
Or simply wait until it's fixed. I don't know how long that glitch was there before I discovered it which indicates just how often I actually visit S4E's preferences, i.e., almost never. Once my prefs were set, years ago now, there is really no need to recheck them. S4E has been pretty reliable and solid all these years (more than I can say for the FF's it runs in).

Thanks for your suggestions though. I do use stylish so I could add your code. But I just don't think it's worth adding to my list of stuff I already got there.
fire.Man

v2016.07.16.21b

Post by fire.Man »

2016.07.16.21b on FF 49, Linux

weird little style problem i suspect - if you enable displaying links and net status in the location bar with status alignment set to 'right', and then hover a link, the URL in the location bar moves a few pixels to the right

my sound trivial, but i noticed when loading YouTube URL's it gets annoying - example:

https://www.youtube.com/results?lclk=long&search_query=hacking+democracy&filters=long
MaDJiK

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2015.11.16.23

Post by MaDJiK »

Hello,

I like the extension Header Spy https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/header-spy/ which is old but still woks until Firefox 44 because of you. :)
But since Firefox 45, I'm very sad to have an ugly replacement because the icon of Header Spy does not show anymore in the status bar. :(

Can you help me? What changed in Firefox 45? Why other icons are still in the status bar and not this one?
AlexNW

Post by AlexNW »

kimmersly wrote:New version of Status-4-Evar (2016.07.16.21b) brings up this error as soon as the Options button is clicked (FF 47.0.1, Win 8.1, fully patched):

XML Parsing Error: undefined entry
Line Number 424, Column 8:

<button id="warningButton" command="status4evar-command-advanced-continue" label="&aboutWarningButton2.label;
---------------------------------------------^
Have the same problem. Only some differences. Problem with 2015.11.16.23.1 on FF 49.0.1 and "label="&aboutWarningButton.label" (not label="&aboutWarningButton2.label).
So, cannot open Options :(
Romis

Post by Romis »

Keep getting the following error when ever I click on OPTIONS in Status-4-Evar (Installed in Firefox v49.0.1)

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 424, Column 8:
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Hello,
Same problem as Alex.
Is Github really the good place for final users to download the last version ?
And ... how to do ?
CT71

Post by CT71 »

Hopefully someone can help. I just updated from Firefox 41 to 48 and now my status bar height and one of the icons in it is twice the size as before. I've tried every last thing I can think of.....S4E, Classic Theme Restorer, Firefox Customize.......nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

To test, disable the extension that owns the icon, restart Firefox.....
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
CT71

Post by CT71 »

No, unfortunately that didn't work. I thought that was gonna do it, I overlooked that one.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Well, I found a way to display the status text in full screen mode again : I disactivated Status-4-Evar.
I am going to let it like that until I know about installing the last version.
Perhaps shall we have to rename the thread ?
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Oh well, it seems the official page was updated while we were here discussing about the problems caused by its obsolescence.
A search on "Evar" gives this :
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/a ... .07.16.21b
I uninstalled Status-4-Evar and then reinstalled it from there, and I have access again to its options dialog box.
Status-4-Evar can display the status (during the loading of the page) on the toolbar, and then the URLs (while hovering the links with the mouse) in a pop-up down the Firefox window.
Seems quite nice.
Last edited by Gloops on October 8th, 2016, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

CT71 wrote:Hopefully someone can help. I just updated from Firefox 41 to 48 and now my status bar height and one of the icons in it is twice the size as before. I've tried every last thing I can think of.....S4E, Classic Theme Restorer, Firefox Customize.......nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
Hello,
It seems you have to be more precise. One icon is bigger and this makes the toolbar bigger_? It would help to know what icon it is, whether you personalized it, whether another extension displays something down the Firefox window.
I wonder whether we should open another thread for this.

After you install DOMInspector and ElementInspector, Ctrl Shift right click on the icon will display you its properties, you can say its id.
CT71

Post by CT71 »

To be honest, I thought this whole 146 page thread pertained to anything S4E? I didn't realize there were different threads for S4E, sorry about that. Well, anyways, this is what happens when you get frustrated and panic..........when you said to be more specific I realised I never actually looked at the status bar once I had the icon (Self Destructing Cookies) disabled. The status bar only doubled in height to accomodate the icon doubling in height! I still don't know why all of a sudden the icon has increased, but atleast I can have a workaround fix and try and put the icon in a different spot. Don't really wanna do that because I'm picky where things are placed, put of all the icons that don't do a whole lot, it would be that one, lol! So that's good. Thank you guys for your help in atleast rattling my brain to think a little harder. Thanks.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

In fact, no, there is only one thread about S4E, hence its size.
But I guessed the topic was not S4E.
I did not even remember that Self Destructing Cookies had an icon.
By me it did not change size. Perhaps you can consider suppressing and reinstalling Self Destructing Cookies, this has at least the interest to be simple (except if you have many exceptions about it).
Supposing the icon remains too big the next step can be to write a style in userChrome.css or its equivalent for Stylish.
For information in case it makes a difference, I also have Theme Font and Size Changer, installed.