[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
globalplayer

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2010.09.29.00

Post by globalplayer »

Confirmed, at least ONE of the 20100929 nightlies refuse this.
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

The status text is not using cleartype but some other, inferior, non sub-pixel anti-aliasing.

xp x86 sp3, 20100930 Minefield, S4E 2010.09.29

The top "Scripts" is displayed by NoScript in the add-on bar and is using cleartype
The bottom one, is from the status text widget and is using some other method, which is not as good, makes the text look fuzzier than cleartype.

Is this a Fx bug? Do you have any control of this?
globalplayer

Post by globalplayer »

Well I'll be damned.
I envy the quality of your eyes dude !!

Indeed, in 800x600 (!) resolution I could see it myself (w/unable to spot it in my 1600x1200 I'm using)

Though I state that it's better having a somewhat (slightly!) blurry status text than none at all, eh? ;)
Since I hate to search for status text somewhere on the right hand side of the address bar; let alone in medium gray on a dark gray background (a nightmare to read, to say the least).
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

So, a bit of an update:

Mozilla Add-on Compatibility Reporter
I have not been able to duplicate any problems with this installed. A new profile + Compatibility Reporter + Status-4-Evar does not have any problems. If someone can recreate, debug it, and tell me what's going on, I'll be able to fix it.

PDF Download
This extension breaks the toolbar pallet. If you have a new profile and install PDF Download, it's own toolbar item doesn't show up.

@ Bozz
No, you didn't do that quite right.

aioStatusBar = document.getElementById("statusbar-display");

Remove this where ever you find it.

Then everywhere you see aioStatusBar.label = "blah";, replace it with XULWindowBrowser.setStatusText("blah");

@ CGA1
Do you have problems on the 20100930 or 20101001 nightly?

Even if you get the Ø mouse pointer, can you still drop it on the toolbar?

@ al_9x
I don't have a Windows system conveniently available for testing. When I do, I'll have a look.

But on Linux, the status text widget uses the same hinting/anti-aliasing as the rest of the UI.

@ Robster400
Would it be possible to have the network status displayed in the awesomebar when the foreground tab is loading?
When its done loading, it can drop back to displaying the current URL as normal.

That's a bit beyond the [original] intent of this extension, but I'll keep it in mind.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

@ Bozz
No, you didn't do that quite right.

Remove this where ever you find it.

Then everywhere you see aioStatusBar.label = "blah";, replace it with XULWindowBrowser.setStatusText("blah");

Made those changes and still couldn't get it to work. Thanks for trying to help me out though. I appreciate it.
CGA1

Post by CGA1 »

@ CGA1
Do you have problems on the 20100930 or 20101001 nightly?

Seems to work ok now on 20101001 nightly.
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Bozz wrote:Made those changes and still couldn't get it to work. Thanks for trying to help me out though. I appreciate it.

I'm a derp. Dyslexia strikes again.

It should be XULBrowserWindow not XULWindowBrowser.

So in allinonegestOverlay.js remove this line:

Code: Select all

And in gestimp.js change this function:

function aioStatusMessage(msg, timeToClear) {
  if (!aioStatusBar) return;
  aioStatusBar.label = msg;
  if (timeToClear) setTimeout(aioStatusMessage, timeToClear, "", 0);
}

To be like this:

function aioStatusMessage(msg, timeToClear) {
  XULBrowserWindow.setStatusText(msg);
  if (timeToClear) setTimeout(aioStatusMessage, timeToClear, "", 0);
}
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
globalplayer

Post by globalplayer »

Thanks Bluefang for the update :)

Would it be possible to narrow down the widget vertically?
If we're really nitpicky, we will detect that the addon bar (formerly "status bar") WITH the widget active may (or may as well not) get stretched a bit in vertical direction. Yes, for real.
I'd like to have it a bit narrower (if I'm not demanding too much :)), because by stretching, it will create ugly gaps with my other add-on which uses a narrow input box. Once I remove your widget, the gaps disappear, too.

However, should I be the only one to encounter this phenomenon, in this case please disregard my post.
makondo

Post by makondo »

This might not play well with themes. It's better if you make your own adjustments through Stylish or userChrome.css.
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

makondo wrote:This might not play well with themes. It's better if you make your own adjustments through Stylish or userChrome.css.

My thoughts exactly.

btw makondo.... I'm going to start calling you Glass man. You are really into glassing everything with Stylish. :D
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
globalplayer

Post by globalplayer »

Bleh...granted. I'm gonna muck about a lilbit with the .css stuff then...
makondo

Post by makondo »

streetwolf wrote:
makondo wrote:...btw makondo.... I'm going to start calling you Glass man. You are really into glassing everything with Stylish. :D

What can i say? I like it. I carefully choose a desktop bg just to cover it with a browser window? Not if i can help it! Unfortunately, didn't find a way yet to glass the content as i have in 3.6*, won't be updating it untill i do (find a way):

BTW, i'm going to call you Generous wolf :D

Bluefang, sorry for offtopic!
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

globalplayer wrote:Would it be possible to narrow down the widget vertically?
If we're really nitpicky, we will detect that the addon bar (formerly "status bar") WITH the widget active may (or may as well not) get stretched a bit in vertical direction. Yes, for real.
I'd like to have it a bit narrower (if I'm not demanding too much :)), because by stretching, it will create ugly gaps with my other add-on which uses a narrow input box. Once I remove your widget, the gaps disappear, too.

That's probably from me compensating for the statusbar element being present. The statusbar element has a 0.3em top margin on it, so I also added it to my widgets. I might be able to do that a bit more intelligently. Hopefully Mozilla makes the addon-bar's styling more consistent so it doesn't need to be quite so hacky.

For now, use this:
viewtopic.php?p=9956783#p9956783
panocmp

Post by panocmp »

how can i change the text color ;

it's really difficult for me to read it

Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Use this userChrome.css

#status4evar-status-text
{
    color: white;
}