[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2015.11.16.23

Post by WildcatRay »

kronckew wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:You could try using CTR's Add-on bar instead of S4E.
OK, tried that, the additional bar was up at the top above the bookmarks bar, immoveable. i DID find the 'hide close button' setting, re-added the normal addon bar at the bottom & moved the icons back to it & it's working reasonably well. get a 'status' popup that is just above the addon bar at the left end, not ideal, but again, workable. will try future s4e releases.
FYI-The status pop-up is, I believe, the normal Firefox default. I do not think any other add-on than S4E places it elsewhere that I am aware of.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

WildcatRay wrote: FYI-The status pop-up is, I believe, the normal Firefox default. I do not think any other add-on than S4E places it elsewhere that I am aware of.
s4e would allow the status in the statusbar on one end, not above masking some of the web page. it, and allow icons at the other end , wherever i wanted them.
CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Retired: Everyday I make a list of those things
That I am not going to do today, Then I don't do them.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

kronckew wrote:
WildcatRay wrote: FYI-The status pop-up is, I believe, the normal Firefox default. I do not think any other add-on than S4E places it elsewhere that I am aware of.
s4e would allow the status in the statusbar on one end, not above masking some of the web page. it, and allow icons at the other end , wherever i wanted them.
Yes, S4E provides the user the option to place the status in various locations other than the Firefox default of a pop-up. :wink:
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
dip0

Post by dip0 »

To elaborate on the issue I mentioned on the previous page, this occurs almost exclusively as a result of using google and open search results in a new window.

Status bar by default on bottom.

Clicking a link in google that opens a new window = half size window with missing status bar (remains missing even as you navigate elsewhere). Only reappears if you maximize the window
Eep²

Post by Eep² »

Not sure if this has been requested yet but I see there's an option to hide the status bar when HTML5 videos play fullscreen. Can there be an option to hide the status bar when Flash videos play fullscreen too? For a few months now (not sure when it started exactly), the status bar will show black on white background when a Flash video plays fullscreen (in Firefox anyway; haven't tried other web browsers). It's very annoying and distracting. Thanks!
imacumac

Post by imacumac »

Just updated to: 2015.11.16.23.1-signed.1-let-fixed, last updated: March 27, 2016

My CPU usage for firefox, which is normally between 1-3% mostly on the low side at rest, went to a SUSTAINED 16-20%. I checked by disableing ALL OTHER extensions and plug-ins. Usage returned to normal after disabeling S4E.
iMac/O-SX 10.11.4
Firefox 45.0.2
siffemoz

Post by siffemoz »

siffemoz wrote:Hi, great addon :-) I'd like to back up my settings. Where are the settings stored?
Help? Anybody?
siffemoz

Post by siffemoz »

siffemoz wrote:
siffemoz wrote:Hi, great addon :-) I'd like to back up my settings. Where are the settings stored?
Help? Anybody?
OK, just found the entries in prefs.js, accessible via about:config. Not a very easy way to back up settings, so please consider this a new feature request. TY :-)
anon42

Post by anon42 »

Based on the previous post about saving S4E preferences I just happen to take a look at mine just to see how many preferences siffemoz was talking about (and as an aside, siffemoz, you might want to take a look at the OPIE2 addon). I noticed a small "glitch" in the S4E preferences toolbar. The icon for the "Status bar" is missing as shown below:

As shown in my sig below, this on a Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Since S4E's preferences are for me "set-and-forget" I never had any occasion to revisit them so I don't know how long this toolbar display glitch has been in previous versions.

Note, I also installed only S4E into a clean profile just to make sure something wasn't corrupt in my full profile and the problem was reproducible. It is.
siffemoz

Post by siffemoz »

Thanks anon42, I'll check out OPIE2. The Status bar icon is also missing on Windows.
Kirinyale

Post by Kirinyale »

Is there a way to disable the status popup ALWAYS, without disabling status text completely? I want it to show in my status bar, but only when the bar itself is visible. There are different kinds of fullscreen, not just videos...
kimmersly

Post by kimmersly »

New version of Status-4-Evar (2016.07.16.21b) brings up this error as soon as the Options button is clicked (FF 47.0.1, Win 8.1, fully patched):

XML Parsing Error: undefined entry
Line Number 424, Column 8:

<button id="warningButton" command="status4evar-command-advanced-continue" label="&aboutWarningButton2.label;
---------------------------------------------^
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

If you know what you are doing you can edit prefs.xul. label="&aboutWarningButton.label;" is now label="&aboutWarningButton2.label;"
kimmersly

Post by kimmersly »

Chris000001 wrote:If you know what you are doing you can edit prefs.xul. label="&aboutWarningButton.label;" is now label="&aboutWarningButton2.label;"
Well, there is no entry in prefs.xul for label="&aboutWarningButton.label;". There is an entry in prefsLegacy.xul for that entry, but adding the "2" does nothing to correct
the problem. So I've reverted t the older 2015.11.16.23.1-signed.1-let-fixed, which of course, works just fine. Guess I don't know what I'm doing ... :-) ...!!

Thanks, anyway!
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I'm pretty sure s4e is using https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-beta/so ... fig.dtd#11 for a localized version of the advanced warning tab button. That's gone in newer versions of Firefox. It was replaced with https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central ... fig.dtd#11. I don't know the exact version of Firefox it changed but since your s4e prefs window is broken, it probably somewhere around your version. By the latest nightly, the pref label is "&aboutWarningButton2.label". There could have been intermediate steps. I'm sure there is a/multiple bugs describing the change on bugzilla.

edit: Let me check what version of s4e I'm using. Maybe I'm giving out bad info.

edit2: Maybe you need to get rid of the "2" and change it to "&aboutWarningButton.label" if you are on a earlier version of Firefox and using the latest s4e.

finale edit: It looks like if you are on the latest s4e from github you need a newer Firefox or you need to edit the 2 off &aboutWarningButton.label. If you are running a newer version of Firefox you can edit the earlier s4e from AMO to add the 2 or get s4e from github.