[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2016.10.11.01

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2016.10.11.01

Summary of changes from beta releases:
* Fix Firefox 49+ compatibility.
* Drop support for Firefox 44.0 and older.
* Fix throbber icon (Bug 750054).
* Fix location bar formatting support in Firefox 50.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Sorry for not being around a whole lot. Work is like a motivation vampire. Being a senior developer is not all it's cracked up to be.

It also doesn't help that I'm not looking forward to dealing with WebExtensions. Currently it doesn't even look like much of S4E's functionality can be (easily) re-implemented. Creation of UI elements looks pretty limited (basically buttons), and I don't see any way of interacting with the chrome, so that throws most of S4E's UI out the window.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
+Attitude

Post by +Attitude »

In attempting to open the preferences, I'm getting this popup window.

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 424, Column 8: <button id="warningButton" command="status4evar-command-advanced-continue" label="&aboutWarningButton.label;" />
--------------------------------------------------------^
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

What versions of Firefox and S4E are you using?
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

Bluefang, the problem mentioned by +Attitude is due to the change from:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1268175

EDIT: Ah, it was fixed in the latest S4E.
anon42

Post by anon42 »

Bluefang wrote:Version 2016.10.11.01

Maybe I missed something along the way in this thread, but AMO won't let me add this to my FF48.0.2* because it is (presumably) unsigned. Was this intended to be signed? Is there some S4E specific magic to get FF accepted? Do I use the config general.config.obscure_value and general.config.filename "magic" I read about (but haven't verified) to force FF48+ to accept unsigned addon since using xpinstall.signatures.required is ignored in 48+? Or do I simply stick with 2015.11.16.23.1-signed.1-let-fixed and leave well enough alone?

* FF48.0.2 because I use OS X 10.6.7.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

anon42 wrote:
Bluefang wrote:Version 2016.10.11.01

Maybe I missed something along the way in this thread, but AMO won't let me add this to my FF48.0.2* because it is (presumably) unsigned. Was this intended to be signed?

It is signed. After the first version or two, ages back, they dropped the signed suffix and they just get auto-signed when they are uploaded to AMO.

You can always check this for yourself - look inside the .xpi and if there's a META INF folder in it, then it is signed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

The updated extension only just became available for installation overnight Eastern Time. If you tried installing from addons.mozilla.org before it was reviewed, it would not install on the release versions of Firefox.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

@Bluefang: small gripe, but the latest update still has a missing icon issue on Fx 49.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Hello,
To get the options dialog back, I had to uninstall Status-4-Evar and reinstall it just after from the last version (it was then 2016.10.09.22b).
Did +Attitude do that ?

Or is something else to blame ?

Jack Black is right, there is no icon for the statusbar category of options. I did not even notice, as my texts are aligned anyway down the toolbar. Maybe a question of stylesheet ?

Oh, I have a third checkbox in there, for something as "display the window dimensioning pointer". I did not experiment the use of that. I can redimension the Firefox window, be that checkbox checked or not.
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

Mozilla removed another icon in Firefox 50: Options.png (used for the "Advanced" pane).

To fix this, one has to modify Status-4-Evar's chrome\skin\all\prefs.css and turn this:

Code: Select all

radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"]
{
	list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/Options.png");
	-moz-image-region: rect(0px, 224px, 32px, 192px);
}
to this:

radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"]
{
list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico");
-moz-image-region: rect(0px, 224px, 32px, 192px);
}

Or use Stylish and add the following user style:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul){radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"]
{list-style-image:url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico")!important;-moz-image-region:auto!important}}
brf

Post by brf »

As of Firefox 50 on Fedora 24, the "window re-size gripper" looks extremely screwy if turned on.

See this screenshot of the bottom of Firefox: http://i.imgur.com/JdKY8FY.png

I feel like this is new in Firefox 50, though can't be 100% sure. I upgraded from Firefox 49, and I doubt that thing would have escaped my notice for too long.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

brf wrote:As of Firefox 50 on Fedora 24, the "window re-size gripper" looks extremely screwy if turned on.

I feel like this is new in Firefox 50, though can't be 100% sure. I upgraded from Firefox 49, and I doubt that thing would have escaped my notice for too long.
I'm also seeing resizer weirdness in Linux. I think it appeared with the switch to GTK3, but I'm not sure. I didn't used to see the grippy at all unless that option was chosen in S4E. Now it appears anyway, overlapping icons at the right end of the status bar. So, nothing in 45ESR but it is present in 50 and nightly. Might be nothing to do with S4E but it is irritating. I don't think it is a theme issue since I should see a grippy in both GTK2 and GTK3 windows, but I think the grippy in Firefox is rendered (or not) internally.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

brf wrote:As of Firefox 50 on Fedora 24, the "window re-size gripper" looks extremely screwy if turned on.

There have been some subtle changes in the CSS. The toolbar colour has changed. While this doesn't directly affect the appearance of the toolbar itself, it does seem to affect the appearance of transparent items which now show through a different colour. Without S4E this isn't an issue since the resizer is shown against the content background, not a toolbar.
brf

Post by brf »

lithopsian wrote:I'm also seeing resizer weirdness in Linux. I think it appeared with the switch to GTK3, but I'm not sure. I didn't used to see the grippy at all unless that option was chosen in S4E. Now it appears anyway, overlapping icons at the right end of the status bar. So, nothing in 45ESR but it is present in 50 and nightly. Might be nothing to do with S4E but it is irritating. I don't think it is a theme issue since I should see a grippy in both GTK2 and GTK3 windows, but I think the grippy in Firefox is rendered (or not) internally.
I don't get a gripper at all, unless I turn it on in S4E (and then it looks screwy as mentioned in my previous post). I wonder why you do. I'm now using Fedora 25, with Xfce (xfwm4) and Firefox 50.0.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

Could be down to theming. The "native" Firefox grippy is rendered using a GTK function so it may not appear depending on the theme. Many GTK3 themes don't use the grippy at all, but I have one that does. In GTK2 Firefox draws a box with detail string "handlebox-bin". I'm not sure that is even defined in my theme.

The S4E grippy is just a fixed image on a transparent background. It looks similar to the grippy in many themes, but not those in some more exotic cases like Oxygen. I'm sure the CSS can be tweaked to make it match the toolbar.