[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2016.10.11.01

Post by avada »

Chris000001 wrote:It's broken in Nightly. To fix it In, modules>Australis.jsm:

Remark out:
//CU.import("resource://services-common/stringbundle.js");

Change:
const strings = new StringBundle("chrome://status4evar/locale/overlay.properties");
To:
const strings = Services.strings.createBundle("chrome://status4evar/locale/overlay.properties");
Can you reveal which bug is the culprit and in which day's build it appeared?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I have no idea. You could search for stringbundle in the last few nightly release posts. I used the browser console to find the error and then looked for stringbundle in DXR on the ESR branch. I then compared that file to the nightly branch version and looked at how Mozilla changed it. Then I did the same thing where the browser console showed the error in S4E.

edit: Here's the bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1335877

edit 2: One other advantage I had was that I recognized the library S4E used in the line above the one that should be removed (resource://gre/modules/Services.jsm) since I've used it before in my own extensions. I knew it had a lot of references and I thought I remembered seeing "strings" in it before. I checked and it was there.
toscha42

Post by toscha42 »

avada wrote:
Chris000001 wrote:It's broken in Nightly. To fix it In, modules>Australis.jsm:

Remark out:
[...]
Can't get it to work since Nighlty immediately disables Status-4-Evar for not being properly signed. Any chance you can get a patched version signed as you're the author?

Cheers
Toscha
Buy me a Becks beer or pass me a bong
Gimmie some Bushmills I'll sing you this song
Open another big box of cheap wine we're over 30 we're doin' just fine
[NOFX]
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I'm not the author. You can get Nightly to allow installs by toggling xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config to false or you could join addons.mozilla.org and upload your edited version (along with changing the guid) to have them sign you a version for yourself. You just can't publicly list it since it's not yours.
toscha42

Post by toscha42 »

Cool, that did the trick! Many thanks! Now Status-4-Evar populates the status bar again. :)

Cheers
Toscha
Buy me a Becks beer or pass me a bong
Gimmie some Bushmills I'll sing you this song
Open another big box of cheap wine we're over 30 we're doin' just fine
[NOFX]
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Post by Bluefang »

2017.03.19.12b
Version 2017.03.19.12b
* Fix Firefox 54+ compatibility (Bug 1335877) by Jonas Jenwald.
* Consolidate l10n handling.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/beta

Just some quick fixes to get it working again. I'm working on converting it to be restartless, which will make it easier to work on all of the styling bugs that have accumulated over time. Still not much hope on making the WebExtensions jump, as it's still lacking the APIs to retrieve browser status, progress, and manage toolbars beyond adding a button.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Bluefang wrote:2017.03.19.12bVersion 2017.03.19.12b
Perfect! Thanks.
Bluefang wrote:Still not much hope on making the WebExtensions jump, as it's still lacking the APIs to retrieve browser status, progress, and manage toolbars beyond adding a button.
Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please ..... [-o<
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Sivabhaskar

Post by Sivabhaskar »

Bluefang wrote:2017.03.19.12b
Version 2017.03.19.12b
* Fix Firefox 54+ compatibility (Bug 1335877) by Jonas Jenwald.
* Consolidate l10n handling.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/beta

Just some quick fixes to get it working again. I'm working on converting it to be restartless, which will make it easier to work on all of the styling bugs that have accumulated over time. Still not much hope on making the WebExtensions jump, as it's still lacking the APIs to retrieve browser status, progress, and manage toolbars beyond adding a button.
Hello,

I am using this add-on in Firefox.

Firefox 52.0.2 (32-bit) has removed this add-on.

Please verify this excellent add-on with Firefox, so that we could continue using it.

The reason given by Firefox for disabling it is:

"Status-4-Evar could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled.

The add-on has not been verified for use in Firefox. You can find replacements or ask the developer to get it verified."

Developers interested in getting their add-ons verified can do so by reading our manual -->
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extension_Signing "

Thanks in Advance!
Siva
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Did you try reinstalling it from addons.mozilla.org? I have had Firefox do that to me, too, and reinstalling form AMO resolved it.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Sivabhaskar

Post by Sivabhaskar »

WildcatRay wrote:Did you try reinstalling it from addons.mozilla.org? I have had Firefox do that to me, too, and reinstalling form AMO resolved it.
The add-on is back on now. When I launched Firefox today, the add-ons page of Firefox said:
"Status-4-Evar will be available after you restart Firefox".

And so it was. I did not re-install the add-on or something. May be Bluefang verified it with Firefox. Anyway good that it is back!

Thank you!
Siva
Sivabhaskar

Post by Sivabhaskar »

Hello Again,

I have the Google India page ( https://www.google.co.in/ ) as my Firefox Home page (Windows 7 Home Premium, Sony Laptop).

Whenever I press the 'Home' button in Firefox (version 52.0.2) or the use the keyboard shortcut 'Alt key + Home Key', then the "Status Text" feature of Status-4-Evar does not seem to work properly. The Status Text keeps on displaying "Waiting for www.google.co.in" even long after the page has completed loading. It does not change to "Done".

However, the "Done" appears if I do any of the following:
1) If I refresh that page again, the "Done" appears after the page has completed reloading.
2) If I access any other tab in Firefox and come back to this tab again, the "Done" magically appears.

Thanks in Advance!
Siva
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

It looks like to me that having S4E enabled causes the go button in the location bar to be permanently hidden on mozilla-central.
drunik

Post by drunik »

Hi,
thanks for the addon, so far, really helpful.
I'm using Mozilla FF v30.00 (because I can't go without CoolPreviews addon, that stopped its support after version 30 of Firefox, so, I'm stuck with this older version);
and the S4E addon, though working fine for a long time, stopped working with my version (v30) of FF, since a few months.
Can you provide a remedy, or workaround it?
thanks
larc

Post by larc »

Sparky, anxious to know if Status-4-Evar will be compatible with Firefox 57 when it's released in late November. I'm running Nightly 57.0a1 now and that add-on is showing as "Legacy."
Larc
trustjmh

Post by trustjmh »

larc wrote:Sparky, anxious to know if Status-4-Evar will be compatible with Firefox 57 when it's released in late November. I'm running Nightly 57.0a1 now and that add-on is showing as "Legacy."
No it won't run it. Nightly will stop when they get around to switching the preference extensions.legacy.enabled. You wont have the option of the preference in Beta and Release. W.E. don't allow anything to do what s4e does.