[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Johan_et_Pirlouit

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Post by Johan_et_Pirlouit »

Jack Black wrote:@Grg68 and anyone interested: the following CSS code will fix missing icons in S4E preferences, provided you add it to Stylish or similar (or directly in S4E CSS if you're either running a Fx version with no signing requirement or sign the add-on afterwards).

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul) {
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg")!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico")!important;
        -moz-image-region: auto!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-status"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/info.svg")!important
    }
}
Hi Jack Black, thanx for this tip! For me it works like a charm using the Custom CSS section of Classic Theme Restorer :D ..

So, a little question: would you know how to do the same with the toolbar button provided by S4E? Because I use FF55 and S4E 2017.08.20.15 and the download arrow stays invisible into the button, only the overlay download bar is visible when any download is active :-k ...
Grg68

Post by Grg68 »

Hi all,

The code below is my small contribution in this beloved extension and to all those, like me,
who miss the icon of the download button of S4E and its functionality.

This code addresses this issue of missing icon, specifically in firefox 55 (maybe it works in 56 too)
and i have test it only in windows 7/10 and in linux mint.

You can apply it with Stylish, the "Custom css code" of "Classic Theme Restorer" or you can
put it in your "userChrome.css".

#status4evar-download-button:not([attention]) #status4evar-download-icon {
	list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/download.svg") !important;
	-moz-image-region: auto !important;
}
toolbar[brighttext] #status4evar-download-button:not([attention])[cui-areatype="toolbar"] #status4evar-download-icon {
	fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-inverted) !important;
}
#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="toolbar"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
	fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-attention) !important;
}
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-xp), (-moz-os-version: windows-vista), (-moz-os-version: windows-win7), (-moz-os-version: windows-win8), (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
	#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="menu-panel"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
		list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/downloads/download-glow-menuPanel-win7.png") !important;
	}
}
If you also like to see the labels of the button during downloads
(S4E Prefs > Download > "Show button text in icons-only mode" checkbox),
but you don't like to see always the "No Downloads" label when there are no such activity,
you can use the following code:

#status4evar-download-button[collapsed="true"] #status4evar-download-label {
	display: none !important;
}
This code affects the button, only when it is placed in toolbars. If you put it in menu panel,
it will show properly its label, like any other button in menu panel.

enjoy :D
Grg
Johan_et_Pirlouit

Post by Johan_et_Pirlouit »

Jack Black wrote:@Grg68 and anyone interested: the following CSS code will fix missing icons in S4E preferences, provided you add it to Stylish or similar (or directly in S4E CSS if you're either running a Fx version with no signing requirement or sign the add-on afterwards).

@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul) {
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg")!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico")!important;
        -moz-image-region: auto!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-status"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/info.svg")!important
    }
}
Grg68 wrote:Hi all,

The code below is my small contribution in this beloved extension and to all those, like me,
who miss the icon of the download button of S4E and its functionality.

This code addresses this issue of missing icon, specifically in firefox 55 (maybe it works in 56 too)
and i have test it only in windows 7/10 and in linux mint.

You can apply it with Stylish, the "Custom css code" of "Classic Theme Restorer" or you can
put it in your "userChrome.css".

#status4evar-download-button:not([attention]) #status4evar-download-icon {
}
toolbar[brighttext] #status4evar-download-button:not([attention])[cui-areatype="toolbar"] #status4evar-download-icon {
	fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-inverted) !important;
}
#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="toolbar"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
	fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-attention) !important;
}
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-xp), (-moz-os-version: windows-vista), (-moz-os-version: windows-win7), (-moz-os-version: windows-win8), (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
	#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="menu-panel"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
		list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/downloads/download-glow-menuPanel-win7.png") !important;
	}
}
If you also like to see the labels of the button during downloads
(S4E Prefs > Download > "Show button text in icons-only mode" checkbox),
but you don't like to see always the "No Downloads" label when there are no such activity,
you can use the following code:

#status4evar-download-button[collapsed="true"] #status4evar-download-label {
	display: none !important;
}
This code affects the button, only when it is placed in toolbars. If you put it in menu panel,
it will show properly its label, like any other button in menu panel.

enjoy :D
Hi Jack Black and Grg68,

Your codes work really nicely with my FF 55.0.3 64 bits (Win 7)!! I think you made S4E to rework exactly as it did with FF 54 and before, at least with FF 55..

Thank you guys :wink:

regards
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Timvde wrote:Showing status text/links in location bar won't be possible
This is broken in Nightly 58.0a1 build 20170929220356 with Status-4-Evar 2017.08.20.15. With bug 1324688 wontfixed, is this gone forever? I've been using this Firefox 4 feature that Mozilla foolishly discarded for about 7 years now, so I'm more than a little miffed. What am I supposed to do? S4E's status bar still works, but I hate it just as I hate the status pop-up, so that doesn't help me much. Another possibility would be an add-on that displays the link target in a tooltip next to the cursor, legacy Opera style. But that was also obnoxious and I couldn't find such an add-on anyway. I'm sorely tempted to downgrade to ESR, but that would only delay the inevitable.

:evil:
avada

Post by avada »

Gingerbread Man wrote:I'm sorely tempted to downgrade to ESR, but that would only delay the inevitable.
Only if you're hell-bent on upgrading.
Gingerbread Man wrote:Another possibility would be an add-on that displays the link target in a tooltip next to the cursor,
You can also move the S4E to any bar you like (menu, location, tab, bookmark). I have it on the menubar for several years now.
Gingerbread Man

avada wrote:You can also move the S4E to any bar you like (menu, location, tab, bookmark). I have it on the menubar for several years now.
Thank you very much. Most S4E options are ignored (e.g. all status text will be displayed, regardless of settings), but I've managed to whip up a fair approximation:
  1. Right-click one of the navigation toolbar buttons on the right and choose Customize.
  2. Drag the "Status text" widget, normally on S4E's Status Bar at the bottom of the window, to the right of the location bar.
  3. Right-click one of the navigation toolbar buttons on the right and uncheck "Status bar".
  4. Place the mouse cursor between the location bar and the Status Text widget, until it changes into a horizontal double-headed arrow. Click and drag to the right, increasing the size of the location bar until the Status Text widget is no longer visible.
  5. Place the following at the bottom of the userChrome.css file. Save and close the file, then exit and restart Firefox.

#status4evar-status-text {
      min-width: 350px !important;
    }

#status4evar-status-text[value=""],
    #status4evar-status-text[value="Done"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Transferring"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Waiting"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Read"] {
      visibility: collapse !important;
    }
Gingerbread Man

I've only now found out enabling legacy add-ons will be impossible in Release and Beta. I resorted to moving the status pop-up over the location bar with userChrome.css. It's a little rough for now, but this is what I have so far. The numbers have to be tweaked, since they only fit my exact Firefox appearance.

/*
Title: Link target in location bar
Author: Gingerbread Man | http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=261941
*/
statuspanel { z-index: 9999 !important; right: 302px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="fullscreen"] statuspanel { top: 26px !important; right: 3px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] statuspanel { top: 70px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] statuspanel { top: 61px !important; }
#main-window:not([sizemode="fullscreen"]) .statuspanel-label {  border: none !important; }
/* Don't show "Connecting…" and other such messages */ statuspanel:not([type="overLink"]) { display: none !important; }
msdobrescu

Post by msdobrescu »

Hi,

Wonderful addon!
I have one thing I can't find an option.
I get a "JSD ON"/"JSD OFF" on the legacy bar.
What is that and how could I hide it?

Thank you!
msdobrescu

Post by msdobrescu »

Hi, I'm back!

Found what adds the "JSD ON"/"JSD OFF" text, it is Javascript Deminifier add-on, it is added to the legacy bar of Status-4-Evar.
Too bad it can't be removed from there.
Also, I have an issue with the download popup from Firefox, now it appears to the bottom, as a balloon form Status-4-Evar. Could it be let in its original (Firefox) place?
When download button is pressed on the upper place in the Firefox toolbars, I have to go down to the balloon from the status bar, this is highly uncomfortable.

Regards.
«G~Li†ch»

Post by «G~Li†ch» »

Percent-encoding!
Disable addon Status-4-Evar and restart firefox, and hyperlink will popup ok.
olds97_lss

Post by olds97_lss »

Is this addon going to get updated for build 57? Been using it for years...
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

olds97_lss wrote:Is this addon going to get updated for build 57? Been using it for years...
Bluefang[/url] wrote: Still no update on WebExtension compatibility. All of the necessary major APIs are still lacking.
From http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14762592. I don't think the situation has changed much since then.
BlohoJo

Post by BlohoJo »

I have a Windows 10 question.

I use Status-4-Evar. I have the "Progress Meter" on my Add-on bar!

In Windows XP or Windows 7 with Aero turned off, the Progress meter has a classic 3D "inset" appearance, like this:

In Windows 10, it has a "flat" appearance, like this:

I am able to override the color Win10 gives the Progress meter using Status-4-Evar's Simple Editor, but I was hoping I could use the Advanced Editor to also override the appearance Win10 is giving, so I can get it to have the classic inset 3D appearance:

(I screen capp'd that on the Win7 computer, so the progress meter here already has the 3D inset appearance.)

Does anyone know if this is possible, and what I would need to add to the advanced editor to get the classic 3D inset appearance?
Kreibich

Post by Kreibich »

Hi,
I've just updated from FF 56 to FF 57 and Status-4-Evar is not working anymore. Can you make an update for FF 57, please? I can send you some donation for it!

Thanks.
BlohoJo

Post by BlohoJo »

It's not possible to make a version that will work in Firefox 57. There's no "make an update" this time around. Mozilla has crippled the customizability of the browser in an attempt to make it "faster, like Chrome." This has had the opposite of the intended effect... driving existing Firefox users to Chrome instead of making them happier with Firefox updates.

If you want to stick with Mozilla and use add-ons like Status-4-Evar, use Firefox 52 ESR, Firefox 54, or Waterfox. (Firefox 55 and 56 do have legacy plugin support but these versions do cripple some legacy add-ons, so it's not recommended to use these versions if complete legacy add-on support is important to you.)
Last edited by BlohoJo on November 14th, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.