[Ext] InfoLister 0.10.5a2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
asqueella

[Ext] InfoLister 0.10.5a2

Post by asqueella »

InfoLister 0.10.5a2
for Firefox.

Lists installed extensions, themes, and plugins.

InfoLister used to support Thunderbird, SeaMonkey and may work in them, but I don't personally test it with other apps.
Last edited by asqueella on August 6th, 2016, 10:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Philip Chee

Re: [Ext] InfoLister 0.10.4a1

Post by Philip Chee »

Code: Select all

<!-- SeaMonkey: the earliest release based on Gecko 1.9.2 or later is
         2.1b1, which is rather old and doesn't appear to work.
    <em:targetApplication>
    <Description>
        <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>2.1b1</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>2.1b1</em:maxVersion>
    </Description>
    </em:targetApplication-->

FYI: Works fine in:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b10pre) Gecko/20110125 SeaMonkey/2.1b2pre

I suggest
minVersion=2.1b2pre
maxVersion=2.1.*

Phil
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

I'm having difficulty installing InfoLister 0.10.4a1 in Fx 4.0 RC2. I keep getting a balloon popup saying: "InfoLister could not be installed because Firefox cannot modify the needed file."

Anyone else have this problem or have a successful installation?
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

@Alan: this is probably not InfoLister-related, but could you try setting extensions.logging.enabled to (boolean) true in about:config, restarting, then reproducing the problem and checking the Error Console when you get this error?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

LOG addons.xpi: Starting install of file:///E:/Download/Mozilla/Installed%20extensions/infolister-0.10.4a1.xpi
----------
LOG addons.xpi: Addon {3f0da09b-c1ab-40c5-8d7f-53f475ac3fe8} will be installed as an unpacked directory
----------
Warning: WARN addons.xpi: Failed to install: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIZipReader.extract]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm :: extractFiles :: line 865" data: no]
Source file: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm
Line: 865
----------
Warning: reference to undefined property installInfo.installs
Source file: chrome://browser/content/browser.js
Line: 6062
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

Installing from the InfoLister homepage using a profile which has only the following extensions installed:
Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.1
Console2 0.7.1
Restart Firefox 0.4

Edit: I disabled the three extensions above and tried again. Same result, same messages as below.

Line: 6043
----------
Line: 6047
----------
Warning: reference to undefined property this.notification.last
Source file: chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml
Line: 932
----------
Error: this.setProgress is not a function
Source file: chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml
Line: 1003
----------
LOG addons.xpi: Download started for http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/i ... 10.4a1.xpi to file D:\DOCUME~1\ALANBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmp-11a.xpi
----------
LOG addons.xpi: Download of http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/i ... 10.4a1.xpi completed.
----------
LOG addons.xpi: Starting install of http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/i ... 10.4a1.xpi
----------
LOG addons.xpi: Addon {3f0da09b-c1ab-40c5-8d7f-53f475ac3fe8} will be installed as an unpacked directory
----------
Warning: WARN addons.xpi: Failed to install: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIZipReader.extract]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm :: extractFiles :: line 865" data: no]
Source file: resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm
Line: 865
----------
Line: 6062
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

At this moment I have two theories about this:
1) Antivirus software acting up. Do you have any? Are you able to install other extensions?
2) too long paths to the infolister folder. Are you on WinXP? Could you post the path to your profile folder to check (in about:support select Profile Folder -> (something like show in explorer) and copy the path from the opened window)?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

asqueella wrote:At this moment I have two theories about this:
1) Antivirus software acting up. Do you have any? Are you able to install other extensions?
2) too long paths to the infolister folder. Are you on WinXP? Could you post the path to your profile folder to check (in about:support select Profile Folder -> (something like show in explorer) and copy the path from the opened window)?

- Disabling the realtime shields in Avast didn't help.
- I've installed dozens of other extensions in these two profiles without this problem occurring. Some of them subsequent to the problem. Only InfoLister has this problem.
- Windows XP SP3
- D:\Documents and Settings\mynamexxxxx\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0kv3myhp.v4.0-CompatibilityChecking
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

I've worked around the installation problem by using 7-Zip to upack the xpi file into a folder in the extensions folder named {3f0da09b-c1ab-40c5-8d7f-53f475ac3fe8}. That seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your help.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Alan Baxter wrote:I've worked around the installation problem by using 7-Zip to upack the xpi file into a folder in the extensions folder named {3f0da09b-c1ab-40c5-8d7f-53f475ac3fe8}. That seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your help.

asqueella: if you are packing your XPI with 7-zip make sure it's using the portable zip format and not the special 7z format.

Phil
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

@Alan: What's the length of "mynamexxxxx"?
@Phil, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not using 7-zip, I'm using the Add-on SDK, which I expected to generate working XPIs (and it worked for me when I tested on Mac).

For the reference, the offending function is http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... er.jsm#866
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

asqueella wrote:@Alan: What's the length of "mynamexxxxx"?
@Phil, thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not using 7-zip, I'm using the Add-on SDK, which I expected to generate working XPIs (and it worked for me when I tested on Mac).

For the reference, the offending function is http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... er.jsm#866

You expect the Add-on SDK to to generate working XPIs? Ha Ha Ha. It's full of bugs. People have been complaining about it over in #extdev.

Phil
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

asqueella wrote:@Alan: What's the length of "mynamexxxxx"?

Eleven characters.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

@Alan: Thanks. Could you try installing infolister in a new profile, say in d:\temp\fx-profile by running "path\to\firefox.exe -no-remote -profile d:\temp\fx-profile" to see if it works in a simpler case for you?

@Phil: So far it was working fine for me, and generating an XPI is not rocket science. We can try figuring out the problems with it and fixing them or we can say it's full of bugs and give up. I choose the former.

(By the way it seems I forgot to mention it, but I made the change you suggested for SeaMonkey here: http://code.google.com/p/infolister/sou ... 503cf01eeb - thanks!)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

asqueella wrote:@Phil: (By the way it seems I forgot to mention it, but I made the change you suggested for SeaMonkey here: http://code.google.com/p/infolister/sou ... 503cf01eeb - thanks!)

Thanks! But SeaMonkey 2.b3 is going to be cut any time now to be followed shortly by RC1 so can I suggest that you set the max version to 2.1?

Phil