[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
James

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by James »

Chris000001 wrote:It should be fixed in beta2. That should show up automatically in a few hours/days or you can get it by clicking on "Version Information" and the Version 1.2beta link at the bottom of the add-ons page https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/1.2beta2

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/
Since the beta2 is no longer there and there is a Version 1.2beta3
mark_jd

Post by mark_jd »

For Extension Option Menu can you include option to be accessed from the right click context menu?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

James wrote:
Chris000001 wrote:It should be fixed in beta2. That should show up automatically in a few hours/days or you can get it by clicking on "Version Information" and the Version 1.2beta link at the bottom of the add-ons page https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/1.2beta2

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/
Since the beta2 is no longer there and there is a Version 1.2beta3
Thanks. I knew I forgot something before I went to bed :)
makondo

Post by makondo »

mark_jd wrote:For Extension Option Menu can you include option to be accessed from the right click context menu?

What option? Rclick on the button opens addons manager. Rclick on an ext. in the menu disables/enables that ext.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

New betas of Extension Options Menu, Themes Menu, and Addon Update Checker. All for better integration in the customize/control panel. I still haven't flipped the text on EOM and TM to under the icon instead of on the side. I'm going to wait until Australis is around for a little longer.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thank you!
sageylee

Post by sageylee »

Thanks! X is back on tabs.. from Australia :)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Chris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

makondo wrote:Thank you!

WildcatRay wrote:Thanks, Chris.
You're both welcome!

New versions on Extension Options Menu and Themes Menu:
Added 32px icon for use in customize/control panel and more tools (unused toolbar buttons.) Removed forced horizontal orientation of toolbar icon.

New version of Addon Update Checker:
Added more Australis theme compatibility. Replaced small icons to match new large icons and added 32px icon for use in customize/control panel and more tools (unused toolbar buttons.)

As far as I can tell, everything is now working. Hopefully these will be the final betas.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

sageylee wrote:Thanks! X is back on tabs.. from Australia :)
You're welcome. I didn't realize since that extension is only provisionally reviewed everyone got the beta pushed out to them. I would have done more testing.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

New version of Add-on Update Checker:
Code refactoring - hopefully without breaking anything. Got rid of aggressive alerts since there were many complaints (I figured I'd get complaints about an alert opening as a tab was changing and it was missed, but I guess not. That's why I made them come back after a tab change. That's gone now)

edit - AUC beta5:
Removed missed reference to pre gecko 17 code in chrome.manifest. Right-clicking the loading icon will no longer take you to the updates available page instead of the regular add-on manager page (unless the manager thinks there is an update waiting.)

edit - EOM beta6:
Changed an option's text a little to make what is does more clear.

edit - EOM beta 7:
Tweaked options page a little more.
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

Hide Tab Bar With One Tab 1.2beta3:

Why is it that when I restore a multi-tab session, the first tab doesn't display (until I click on a tab).

I also use Session Manager 0.8.0.8
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

coyote2 wrote:Hide Tab Bar With One Tab 1.2beta3:

Why is it that when I restore a multi-tab session, the first tab doesn't display (until I click on a tab).

I also use Session Manager 0.8.0.8
I don't know. I don't use either of those extensions. I tried installing both on a new profile. I opened 4 tabs and saved that session. I closed them all and clicked on the saved session. I did not have to click on the tab to get it to load. Is that what you are doing and it doesn't load? If not, please let me know what to do to recreate the bug. You could try to create a new profile to see if the problem persists. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

mark_jd wrote:All Tabs Restorer suggestion:

Show the page url along with the page title when mouse is over thumbnail and include option to close tab when right clicking over the thumbnail.
I'll will add the URL to the tooltip - although Firefox does a bad job with very long tooltips. I'm not going to add right-click to close. You can left-click the X or middle-click in the thumbnail. I'll try to put out a new version in the next few days.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

All Tabs Restorer 1.2:
Added URL to tooltip when hovering over thumbnail - very large tooltips look bad in Firefox. Changed the way popup is called. Instead of listening for CTRL+Shift+Tab, it now commandeers the 'Browser:ShowAllTabs' remnant from when this was built-in. CTRL+Shift+Tab might work for people if it didn't work before now. You can still change the keys used to open the popup in about:config. 'browser.ctrlTab.previews' is automatically set to true since it is also needed to make this add-on function. That could be another reason this extension didn't work for some people before. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-tabs-restorer/versions/1.2