[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Chris000001

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Chris000001 »

I won't add support for Palemoon for three main reasons:
  • I think Palemoon will disappear in the next few years when the current person working on it realizes how much work it is to patch files when the source is different from the patch you are trying to copy is.
  • I don't want to have to install multiple version of Palemoon for testing anytime I update anything (for min and max version numbers.)
  • Bad reviews from Palemoon users irritate me since it's a Palemoon problem, not my extensions. They could have written the GUID code to look for both Palemoon and Firefox GUIDs, but didn't (more proof that the coding will get to be too much in the near future and the project will die.)
I think I posted the fix about 10 pages ago, but I could be remembering it wrong. Basically in the chrome.manifest file I specify which xul file to load. The one for Firefox would have to be changed to Palemoon's GUID.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

PaleMoon developers maintain their own hacked (and of questionable legality) versions of extensions. Bug them about it.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Anythingyouwantitobe

Post by Anythingyouwantitobe »

Did something change with the new code today (12/2/2015)? Hide Tab Bar with One Tab doesn't seem to be functioning. Firefox is the current version, 42.0.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Nope. My advice it to reinstall it though. If you have another extension that also binds to the tabbar (you might not know it's doing it), the latest extension installed is the only one that works usually.
Anythingyouwantitobe

Post by Anythingyouwantitobe »

You're right. I had a toggle extension for the tab bar, but who needs that when they have more than one tab open.
Lapino

Post by Lapino »

I love this extension, but I found one annoying issue with it, when used in combination with tab groups/panorama.
I'll try to explain the scenario:
- I have one tab group with only 1 tab and another group with multiple tabs
- When I switch from the tab group with multiple tabs to the one with only 1 tab, the tab bar as hidden (as expected)
- When I switch from the tab group with only 1 tab (and hidden tab bar) to the group with multiple tabs, the tab bar stays hidden (bug)
- Switching tabs with shortcuts does not bring back the tab bar
- Opening a new tab show the tab bar again.

I see this on Firefox 43 and 44, on a linux system.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Lapino wrote:I love this extension, but I found one annoying issue with it, when used in combination with tab groups/panorama.
I'll try to explain the scenario:
- I have one tab group with only 1 tab and another group with multiple tabs
- When I switch from the tab group with multiple tabs to the one with only 1 tab, the tab bar as hidden (as expected)
- When I switch from the tab group with only 1 tab (and hidden tab bar) to the group with multiple tabs, the tab bar stays hidden (bug)
- Switching tabs with shortcuts does not bring back the tab bar
- Opening a new tab show the tab bar again.

I see this on Firefox 43 and 44, on a linux system.
I'm not sure when I'll get around to looking into this. Panorama has been removed and there are currently 3 (I think) add-on implementations that I am aware of. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2652161
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

Chris000001 wrote:I won't add support for Palemoon for three main reasons:
  • I think Palemoon will disappear in the next few years when the current person working on it realizes how much work it is to patch files when the source is different from the patch you are trying to copy is.
  • I don't want to have to install multiple version of Palemoon for testing anytime I update anything (for min and max version numbers.)
  • Bad reviews from Palemoon users irritate me since it's a Palemoon problem, not my extensions. They could have written the GUID code to look for both Palemoon and Firefox GUIDs, but didn't (more proof that the coding will get to be too much in the near future and the project will die.)
I think I posted the fix about 10 pages ago, but I could be remembering it wrong. Basically in the chrome.manifest file I specify which xul file to load. The one for Firefox would have to be changed to Palemoon's GUID.
So how would the lack of support for XUL/XPCOM/XBL affect you?
Will Pittenger
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It will break everything. I doubt I'll continue creating/maintaining extensions.
Will Pittenger

Post by Will Pittenger »

And that's why PM is maintaining XUL support.
Will Pittenger
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It'll be gone soon enough. How are they keeping up with bugs that are blocked from public view? That's right, they're not. Do you really think one person can keep up with all of the coding? Of course not. How many coders does Mozilla have and they still have bugs, yet one person is going to make an entire browser and keep up with new web standards, fix security bugs, and keep up with regular maintenance? Nope. Palemoon was dead before it arrived (that is now that it's not just recompiling Mozilla code with a few different switches set.) Being able to compile existing code and coming up with your own are very different things.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

FYI: Extension Options Menu is completely broken in Firefox 44.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It works fine for me. I need more info.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Tools menu and titlebar menu menus don't expand. Oddly, both appear to be working just fine in 46 nightly.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

They work for me. I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe try in a new profile (you don't have to remove your current profile to create a second one.) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles