[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
anon42

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by anon42 »

Chris000001 wrote:AUC 2.13 - Added new 32px waiting indicator (smoother). Matched 16px waiting indicator to new 32px version (slightly lighter green.)

IMO the lighter green is much harder to see than the previous color. I preferred the older (darker, more visible) color.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks for the updates, Chris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It case anyone is wondering what type=3 means:

optionsType 1 - dialog box (popup window)
optionsType 2 - inline (opens in the built-in add-on manager info page for the extension)
optionsType 3 - tab (opens a webpage in a new tab)
There is a type 4 that is for inline information only. I've never seen so it might be broken in EOM. It's for plugins though so they shouldn't show up in the EOM lists anyway.
kukla

Post by kukla »

We had discussed this a long time ago here, but not able to find where now. I have Flash Video Downloader set in "items not to check," but it's never stopped coming up, and lately, for some reason, with increased regularity--sometimes even with a fresh open of FF. Not sure why, maybe one of the recent updates. Don't know if there's any way of fixing this, but maybe you can think of something.

Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Its name is "Flash Video Downloader - YouTube HD Downloader [4K]" without the quotes.
kukla

Post by kukla »

In the Add-ons Manager, it appears as "Flash Video Downloader 4.0.5." When I've tried it that way, with the "4.0.5.", it comes up immediately. Trying it now as "Flash Video Downloader - YouTube HD Download [4K]", which is how it appears at Mozilla. You may be on to something; so far, at least, it's not coming up immediately.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Well, that didn't last long. Quit then reopened FF and it came up immediately. Back to "Flash Video Downloader."

Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

It depends on which version you are on. The name of that Add-on has changed a few times. It should be whatever is in your Add-on manager. Double-click the add-on and copy the name exactly. If you have a recent version it is "flash video downloader - youtube hd download [4k]", like I posted above, but without the "er" on the end before the "[4K]". Also, even though it's on the blacklist, if you look at the built-in add-on manager's available updates, it will show up there, just the AUC icon/alerts won't come. I stopped blocking the built-in manager from checking for updates a long time ago. now I just stop silent automatic updates.

edit: I just looked at your post again. I see the version you are running. I will download that one and check it soon.

edit2: Version 4.0.5.1-signed was called "flash video downloader". I put that in the black list and it is no longer checked so the AUC icon doesn't change, no alerts, etc. You should probably install the signed version soon or it will be blocked from running sometime around Firefox 42 (unless you are on a Nightly build or a few other exceptions.)
kukla

Post by kukla »

Just to be clear, the version I am running, and its full name is "Flash Video Downloader 4.0.5." (that's the version I want to stick with and why I don't want to be annoyed with any updates.) When I enter it using that full name it will always come up immediately.

EDIT:
edit2: Version 4.0.5.1-signed was called "flash video downloader". I put that in the black list and it is no longer checked so the AUC icon doesn't change, no alerts, etc. You should probably install the signed version soon or it will be blocked from running sometime around Firefox 42 (unless you are on a Nightly build or a few other exceptions.)

You put it in the blacklist, does that mean I don't have to do anything further? As far as it being dropped in 42, at that point I will remove it entirely. It now installs unwanted extraneous crap. The 4.0.5, which is old but still works, is the last version that didn't do that.

EDIT: Oh, you mean there is a signed 4.0.5.1? Thanks, I will have to look into that.
sharon301

Post by sharon301 »

I guess I still don't get what the hide tab bar when there is only 1 tab' does. I am trying to get rid of the tab bar on top of FF 39.0 and I added your addon, but I can't see where anything changed at all?

Thanks for any enlightenment!
Sharon
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

kukla wrote:Just to be clear, the version I am running, and its full name is "Flash Video Downloader 4.0.5." (that's the version I want to stick with and why I don't want to be annoyed with any updates.) When I enter it using that full name it will always come up immediately.

EDIT:

You put it in the blacklist, does that mean I don't have to do anything further? As far as it being dropped in 42, at that point I will remove it entirely. It now installs unwanted extraneous crap. The 4.0.5, which is old but still works, is the last version that didn't do that.

EDIT: Oh, you mean there is a signed 4.0.5.1? Thanks, I will have to look into that.
I couldn't see your picture earlier. AUC does nothing to the built-in add-on manager except stops automatic installs, meaning Firefox still checks for updates and finds them. The point of AUC is so you don't have to go to the built-in add-on manager. If you want it to stop showing updates there, you have to double-click the add-on and set automatic updates to off. You used to be able to do it through about:config, but I don't know if that still works, you'd have to research that yourself.
sharon301 wrote:I guess I still don't get what the hide tab bar when there is only 1 tab' does. I am trying to get rid of the tab bar on top of FF 39.0 and I added your addon, but I can't see where anything changed at all?

Thanks for any enlightenment!
Sharon
If you have any other add-on that changes tabbar bindings (which you probably wouldn't know unless you dissemble your add-ons and look through the code) , only one will work. You could disable other add-ons to figure out which other one is doing it and decide if you want to keep it. The "only one add-on can change a binding" is a Firefox limitation. i cannot change anything to fix it.
kukla

Post by kukla »

If you want it to stop showing updates there, you have to double-click the add-on and set automatic updates to off. You used to be able to do it through about:config, but I don't know if that still works, you'd have to research that yourself.

Duh, hidden in plain sight. And after setting that to Off in the AOM:

kukla

Post by kukla »

Nope, after all that--blacklisted in about:config, told not to update in AUC--still coming up. I give up.
Bogo

Post by Bogo »

I LOVE this add-on, thank you very much!!
For me it works wonderful.
My question is: Could you perhaps integrate the option, that additionally (new) beta-versions are checked? That would be great!
Thank you very much for your reaction.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

That is not something I can add. That code is all on the AMO (addons.mozilla.org) webpage. I agree, it would be nice. I always try to release my latest beta as the full version after testing is done with only a version number change. If another author is not doing that, you might ask them to do the same.