[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Chris000001

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Chris000001 »

NM156 wrote:Hi there,

I recently upgraded from FF 3.6.28 to 12 and have been using all of these addons. They are terrific for ease of access to functions that I use multiple times per day. Thank you VERY much for creating them!

I have a question that relates to Themes Menu...

Is it possible to include an option to REMOVE the personas from the menu drop down list?

I have a relatively large number of them and locating complete, non-lightweight, themes would be much quicker if personas were not included in the menu.

If there is already a way to do this I would be grateful if someone would enlighten me. :)

Thanks again for these terrific extensions. :)

Cheers,

Rick
There currently isn't a way to remove Personas. I don't think I can come up with a way to do it either. Personas and themes both show up as type "theme" internally. I just grab a list of everything in the add-on manager, but only display themes (or extensions in Extension Options Menu.) I've looked through all of the other information stored along with the theme in the add-on manager, but none of it helped separate one kind from the other. Maybe I can in the future if Mozilla adds something to tell the two apart.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

Since Firefox 12, you can now add "/preferences" for inline options to automatically scroll down to the preferences in Add-ons Manager

Code: Select all

EOMopenApp('addons://detail/' + encodeURIComponent(EOMaddon.id) + "/preferences")

Diff: http://pastebin.com/sHE25EbW

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Zoolcar9 wrote: 
Since Firefox 12, you can now add "/preferences" for inline options to automatically scroll down to the preferences in Add-ons Manager

EOMopenApp('addons://detail/' + encodeURIComponent(EOMaddon.id) + "/preferences")

Diff: http://pastebin.com/sHE25EbW

I don't want to break compatibility with versions of Firefox earlier than 12, so I wrote a version that checks the platform version and adds the '/preferences' if it's over 12. I'll probably give the translators another few days before I release it.

Thanks.
heynow

Post by heynow »

Hi,

AUC is a pretty amazing add-on and I like it very much but have a problem with it. AUC's (1.12) toolbar button is loading forever and after some testing I found out that the cause seems to be Greasemonkey (GM). I guess it tries to update my GM scripts because the problem doesn't happen with only GM but no scripts installed. On the AMO page someone mentioned a similar problem (Zen, on April, 23 2012). I stumbled a bit through this thread and found some hints pointing to problems in relation to GM and Stylish but am not sure what this is all about.

Is there something I can do about it? The endlessly moving throbber is kind of annoying. I set AUC to check for updates on Firefox start-up and have no blacklist so far.

Thank you
Win XP Home
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Greasemonkey has been a known "breaker" of timers in Firefox and other extensions.
Do you have the latest Greasemonkey version Version 0.9.20 Released May 14, 2012. > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

You could install the beta from the AMO page (at the bottom the page labeled development channel.) It has a timer, that if it doesn't receive a response within 30 seconds of the last response, it will reset automatically. I'll be releasing it soon as a non-beta version, I just haven't had the time lately.
heynow

Post by heynow »

Thank you for the quick replies. I have the latest GM version. I think I will go with the beta until the non-beta comes out. Thanks again and have a nice day :)
Win XP Home
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Starting with the Thunderbird release that moved tabs to the top, when I right-click on the Extension Options Menu toolbar button to open the Addon Manager, an unassociated extension's pops up menu appears as the Addon Manager. Also, the following messages and warning appear in Error Console:

No chrome package registered for chrome://inspector/content/hooks.js
 ----------
 ----------
Warning: Use of getAttributeNodeNS() is deprecated. Use getAttributeNS() instead.
Source file: about:addons
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

WildcatRay wrote:Starting with the Thunderbird release that moved tabs to the top, when I right-click on the Extension Options Menu toolbar button to open the Addon Manager, an unassociated extension's pops up menu appears as the Addon Manager. Also, the following messages and warning appear in Error Console:

----------
 ----------
Warning: Use of getAttributeNodeNS() is deprecated. Use getAttributeNS() instead.
Source file: about:addons
I just added the icon to the menu bar (I usually use the menus) and when I right-clicked it worked normally and there were no errors. That is the same as what you are doing, right? Those errors look like they are coming from the DOM Inspector add-on. Are you using the latest version (2.0.11)?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

My version of Extension Options Menu is showing 2.2.

Disabling all other extensions, I get this in error console:

Timestamp: 5/25/2012 7:10:51 PM
Warning
: reference to undefined property types[type]
Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
Line: 1503
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Yes, 2.2 is the latest version of EOM. I meant Dom Inspector is on 2.0.11. The source file for that error is a mozilla file, not from EOM. I'll look at that line (and ones near it) and see if I can find anything.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Chris000001 wrote:Yes, 2.2 is the latest version of EOM. I meant Dom Inspector is on 2.0.11. The source file for that error is a mozilla file, not from EOM. I'll look at that line (and ones near it) and see if I can find anything.

I use Console2 except for the test above.
Ray

Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Can you please check your Help>About so I can download the same version you are running. I'm using daily here. Also, what operating system are you using? I opened C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\omni.ja\chrome\toolkit\content\mozapps\extensions\extensions.js which is where mozilla has the extensions.js file that shows the last error. It doesn't have 'types[type]' like the error shows there. It's a couple of dozen lines earlier, so I'm wondering what else changed between your version and mine.

You could also try disabling EOM and opening the add-ons page from the Tools>Add-ons menu and check if the error still shows up. That would totally eliminate the possibility of EOM causing the problem.

The last thing you could try is creating a new profile (add -p to the end of the target line on a shortcut in Windows.) You can just cancel the account setup, add EOM and restart. After the restart add the icon and right-click and check for errors. I do always get one error when the add-ons page opens, but it's not EOM related. Mozilla will have to fix it

Timestamp: 5/25/2012 5:08:21 PM
Warning: XUL box for _moz_generated_content_after element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block.
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/tabmail.xml
Line: 521
ignore that one.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

From troubleshooting information: Name Thunderbird, Version 12.0.1, User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120428 Thunderbird/12.0.1
Ray

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: I have 12 different profiles across 3 computers on both Win7 and WinXP OS's. All 12 show this problem. Hard to imagine it is a profile issue.

I do use the "original" Thunderbird toolbar.
Ray