[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Chris000001

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Chris000001 »

Burunduk wrote:Hm, there are icons in the AUC tools sub-menu. I didn't know that. I don't see them in the AUC button menu either.

No. There aren't normally icons in the sub-menus.
rob64rock wrote:Chris,
Using AUC 1.13beta10:
When an update is detected the the tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" stays disabled=true when it should be disabled=false. The reason I even noticed is that I have placed an icon on the left side that stays gray-scaled when the menu-item is disabled=true, but should change to it's default color yellow when it's disabled=false.

I'm not sure what would cause that. The same code block that changes the icons in all of the menus also changes the disabled attribute. I am going to try changing where it's called, but I can't guarantee that will fix it. Do you have any extensions that change the tools menu?

It looks like I may have to remove the code to try to get userscripts/styles to work. It's too unreliable, plus I think stylish/greasemonkey can be set to check for their own updates.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:
rob64rock wrote:Chris,
Using AUC 1.13beta10:
When an update is detected the the tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" stays disabled=true when it should be disabled=false. The reason I even noticed is that I have placed an icon on the left side that stays gray-scaled when the menu-item is disabled=true, but should change to it's default color yellow when it's disabled=false.

I'm not sure what would cause that. The same code block that changes the icons in all of the menus also changes the disabled attribute. I am going to try changing where it's called, but I can't guarantee that will fix it. Do you have any extensions that change the tools menu?

It looks like I may have to remove the code to try to get userscripts/styles to work. It's too unreliable, plus I think stylish/greasemonkey can be set to check for their own updates.

Chris,

I know on one of AUC beta versions the menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" would transition between disabled true and false depending on if updates were detected, if I'm not mistaken.

The only extension I use that alters or effects the tools menu is [Ext] Personal Menu 5.0.6, I have it set to show the Tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" in the Fx App Menu.

Note: I found out that the browser and Greasemonkey extension neither I have any internal code for checking for updated scripts, the browser can only check for userstyles updates. You can drop AUC Greasemonkey support, but please reconsider keeping userstyles update checks capabilities if you can figure a work around.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

The "Install updates" menu should transition between disabled states if updates are found or not. You know there is an option to show AUC in the app menu? It's "Show in titlebar menu". Maybe Personal Menu changed the menu id. I don't know. I'm still looking at the userstyle checks. I never knew if Greasemonkey userscripts updated or not. I couldn't figure out how to change the version number locally to make it prompt for an update. It was being worked on by the Greasemonkey authors, but I don't use Greasemonkey and I stopped following the development.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:The "Install updates" menu should transition between disabled states if updates are found or not. You know there is an option to show AUC in the app menu? It's "Show in titlebar menu". Maybe Personal Menu changed the menu id. I don't know. I'm still looking at the userstyle checks. I never knew if Greasemonkey userscripts updated or not. I couldn't figure out how to change the version number locally to make it prompt for an update. It was being worked on by the Greasemonkey authors, but I don't use Greasemonkey and I stopped following the development.

I was aware of the option to show AUC in the app menu "Show in titlebar menu", but you still have to manually select to show the Tools menu option in the Fx app menu button when using Personal Menu extension. I first tried disabling the Personal Menu extension to make sure that the tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" always being in a disabled state was being caused by it, but it wasn't it still stayed in a disabled state even without using Personal Menu extension when the AUC and urlbar notifications both stating updates were found. I looked at the tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" [id] with and without Personal Menu enabled and it's [id] was the same for both, so it's not changing it.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

If Personal Menu is copying the id that could be the problem as well. 'getElementById' can only get the first item it finds, but since you disabled Personal Menu, that doesn't seem like that could be the problem. Is there anything in the error console when the item doesn't change?

edit: you could search for UACtoolsmenuInstall with the DOM inspector and see if it shows up more that once (once it's found, the F3 key should continue the search.)
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

AUC 2.0 beta1 (bumped to 2.0 since there are a lot of changes since the 1.0 branch) fixed a problem with automatically installing and restarting multiple add-ons would restart after the first one finished. Tried to fix Stylish userstyle problem (I'm not able to recreate it. Maybe a step by step explanation would help me.)
EOM 2.0 (bumped version for the same reason as above) awaiting AMO review.
TM 1.12 fixed right-click on icon showing default menu. Awaiting AMO review.
olegausany

Post by olegausany »

Unfortunately option Show in titlebar menu is not workin in version 2.0beta1 with Firefox 8.01 It's not even enabled by default so I went to options checked the appropriate box and restarted the browser but icon which used to be right next to address bar in previoud version isn't here. Any solution?
Update: Just found out that enabling option added button yo the available buttons list so i have to use customize to add it myself while expected behavior it should appear automatically after browser restart
darkred

Post by darkred »

@Chris000001
I love your addons, they are really useful.

One small issue to report:
when your Extension Options Menu (2.0) addon is enabled
(and you have the Saved Passwords Editor (2.2.6) installed)
then in the firefox button menu
the "Add-ons" item appears below "Saved Passwords":
Disabling your add-on fixes the program:
'(Firefox for desktop) list fixed bugs in Mercurial' userscript:
as a list: v4.2.2 and, as a sortable table: either v5.5.4 (for all channel users) or v5.5.4 (especially for inbound users).
My other userscripts: GreasyFork OpenUserJS
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

@olegausany: There should have been no changes to options or toolbar icon positions from the update. Possibly profile corruption?

@zakk: I have just posted an update that will fix the problem. It usually takes a few weeks for Mozilla to approve updates. You can get it now by clicking "Version Information" to click on the "Version 2.0" link on the page from addons.mozilla.org. From that page you can get 2.1, or wait for approval.
darkred

Post by darkred »

Chris000001 wrote:@zakk: I have just posted an update that will fix the problem. It usually takes a few weeks for Mozilla to approve updates. You can get it now by clicking "Version Information" to click on the "Version 2.0" link on the page from addons.mozilla.org. From that page you can get 2.1, or wait for approval.

Thank you. Great!
'(Firefox for desktop) list fixed bugs in Mercurial' userscript:
as a list: v4.2.2 and, as a sortable table: either v5.5.4 (for all channel users) or v5.5.4 (especially for inbound users).
My other userscripts: GreasyFork OpenUserJS
olegausany

Post by olegausany »

Version information has version 2.0beta1 not 2.1
zegames

Post by zegames »

When Addon Update Checker found an update and any popup is active in screen, it will open as a new tab in this popup. See screenshot bellow:

As you can see in title bar I was watching a Video video. This is very annoyance, I don't want to disable notification. Can you fix it? make it to open in new tab in regular window, not in popups.

Thanks!
SJMarty

Post by SJMarty »

Hi,

I appreciate the work put in to development of Add-On Update Checker. It has worked very nicely for me on several computers. Within the last few days, I've noticed that the icon will just spin. It never returns to idle. I'm seeing this behavior on all of my computers. I am running v1.12 of the add-on. Firefox is v.9.0.1 on both Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Has anyone else started seeing this same behavior?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

@zegames: I'm not sure I can fix that. The function I call to make the page open is called BrowserOpenAddonsMgr. It's written to always use the current window (http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... er.js#6738). I might be able to find a workaround, but I can't find any video sites that use pop outs. I tried vimeo, but I couldn't find any buttons that make it happen.

@SJMarty: That's fixed in the development latest version. What used to happen is, if there was an error getting a response, the icon wasn't reset. It's not actually doing anything, but being annoying. The current development version may be released soon as is, with a warning that it doesn't play well with updating user styles (Stylish.) rob64rock reported an error, but I can't figure out how to recreate it. Maybe if I release it, someone can come up with a way for me to recreate it (and fix it hopefully.)
zegames

Post by zegames »

Chris000001: Try this bookmarklet:

Code: Select all

javascript:window.open('http://www.youtube.com/v/uHjrwh_utYE?version=3&hd=1&autoplay=1','','width=635,height=380,resizable=1');void(0)