[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
coyote2

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by coyote2 »

Chris000001 wrote:
coyote2 wrote:Hide Tab Bar With One Tab 1.2beta3:

Why is it that when I restore a multi-tab session, the first tab doesn't display (until I click on a tab).

I also use Session Manager 0.8.0.8
I don't know. I don't use either of those extensions. I tried installing both on a new profile. I opened 4 tabs and saved that session. I closed them all and clicked on the saved session. I did not have to click on the tab to get it to load. Is that what you are doing and it doesn't load? If not, please let me know what to do to recreate the bug. You could try to create a new profile to see if the problem persists. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

I solved the issue by unchecking Firefox Options > Tabs > Don't load tabs until selected

There's also a setting for this in Session Manager Options>General>Saving & Restoring>Session Restoring>Restore tabs on demand (Unchecked now also.)
coyote2

Post by coyote2 »

coyote2 wrote:
Chris000001 wrote:
coyote2 wrote:Hide Tab Bar With One Tab 1.2beta3:

Why is it that when I restore a multi-tab session, the first tab doesn't display (until I click on a tab).

I also use Session Manager 0.8.0.8
I don't know. I don't use either of those extensions. I tried installing both on a new profile. I opened 4 tabs and saved that session. I closed them all and clicked on the saved session. I did not have to click on the tab to get it to load. Is that what you are doing and it doesn't load? If not, please let me know what to do to recreate the bug. You could try to create a new profile to see if the problem persists. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

I solved the issue by unchecking Firefox Options > Tabs > Don't load tabs until selected

There's also a setting for this in Session Manager Options>General>Saving & Restoring>Session Restoring>Restore tabs on demand (Unchecked now also.)

Oops, I spoke too soon, issue remains though I have unchecked both options above.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

coyote2 wrote:Oops, I spoke too soon, issue remains though I have unchecked both options above.
You could try an earlier version, specifically version 1.1 - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/?page=1#version-1.1. It uses event listeners instead of bindings. If you have another extension that is using the same binding (which I don't think Session Manager uses) there could be a conflict. If you try version 1.1, you should go to the Add-ons Manager and stop if from automatically updating (double-click the extension and select the radio button for 'Off' under 'Automatic Updates'). I still recommend a new profile as well. You don't have to remove your current profile to add a new one.
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

hey Chris,

Using Hide Tab Bar With One Tab, it seems some extra padding/margin is removed from the top when there's only one tab open.

Two tabs open:
vs

One tab open:

vs old behavior.

Any idea how to fix?
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I'm not sure what is going on there. You should have window control buttons that move the content down. Are you using other extensions/userChrome.css that make changes to the window/title bar/browser content? All versions of Hide Tab Bar just set visibility to collapsed on the tabs toolbar if there is only one tab. The different versions just do it in slightly different ways. No adjustments to padding or margins.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

New version of Sidebar Auto Show/Hide 0.4:
Fixed a problem with auto open if second monitor was placed above the first in the Windows control panel (possibly other operating systems as well.)
nlobaugh

Post by nlobaugh »

Greetings... Hide tab bar 1.2beta3 seems to not be working with the most recent upgrade to FF26.0
thanks
nancy
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I'm not sure how I missed that last post, but I just tested (I don't normally use it) and it's still working here. There might be a conflict with another extension you have. As I posted above, you could try an earlier version, specifically version 1.1 - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/versions/?page=1#version-1.1. It uses event listeners instead of bindings. If you try version 1.1, you should go to the Add-ons Manager and stop if from automatically updating (double-click the extension and select the radio button for 'Off' under 'Automatic Updates'). You could try a new profile as well. You don't have to remove your current profile to add a new one - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Chris,
have a great holidays and thanks for the EOM, indispensable!
nlobaugh

Post by nlobaugh »

Thanks Chris.. v1.1 seems to do the trick..
fyi, I'm using the default 26.0 theme, Win7Ultimate,SP1; and not too many extensions:
AcrobatPDF1.2;GarminCommunicator4.1.0;LogitechDeviceDetection1.23.0.5; GoogleSearchByImage 1.1.2;TinEye 1.1; WebDeveloper 1.2.5; and a handful of plugins
Happy New Year!
Nancy
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

AUC 2.5beta6 Changed how the "install updates" menu is enabled/disabled. Since Australis hit, changing disabled state doesn't always work correctly when Firefox is minimized and an update shows up - hopefully that's fixed.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

New betas of AUC, EOM and TM:
Cleaned up settings page code. Changed toolbar button class to 'toolbarbutton-1 chromeclass-toolbar-additional'. Stopped default right-click menu on toolbar icon that probably didn't show anyway.

EOM only:
Removed remnant pre version 17 code. Removed useless code for Seamonkey toolbar button that couldn't be seen.

TM only:
Seamonkey was using unneeded Thunderbird css.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thanks for the update!
akwala

Use case: Check for update but do not (auto-)install.

Post by akwala »

Scenario: Latest version of an addon is 2.0 but I downgrade to the previous, 1.9, because 2.0 is buggy. Unless I tell AUC not to check the addon for updates, it finds the 1.9->2.0 update and installs it with any other updates it finds. I'd like AUC to check for this addon's updates but not install them without my intervention, because I want to skip the 2.0 update and install 2.1+ which fixes the bugs. IOW, I want the equivalent of sticky unchecking of Firefox's 'Include in update' for the addon while AUC installs other updates.

Following the "not to check" list, a separate "do not auto-install" list might do the trick.
--aslamK
em28

Post by em28 »

I've used AUC 2.5 beta on FF28 - There was an issue on not finding updates.
As I downgrade to the last stable version (2.4) AUC seem to work fine.