[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ryrynz

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Ryrynz »

Could you please add the ability to switch between the different sidebars?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Ryrynz wrote:Could you please add the ability to switch between the different sidebars?
That's actually a lot more work than it might sound like. This extension mostly looks at mouse position vs. window edge and when it's small enough, it sends Firefox the built-in "toggle sidebar" command. It would take a lot to add an icon and listeners to track the current sidebar and possible other sidebars that are able to be opened. I think All-in-one Sidebar will do that and auto open/close the sidebar. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-in-one-sidebar/. From what I recall, you'll have to set some options to make it do what you want.
borayeris

Post by borayeris »

Hi Chris,

Thanks your efforts for All tabs restorer. There is a bug I want to report.

As you know Firefox has a feature of group tab. I use it because I work 100-150 tabs open. When I click All tabs button it shows all tabs from all groups. Normally it should show tabs from active tabs. Can you please fix it?

Thanks
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

borayeris wrote:Hi Chris,

Thanks your efforts for All tabs restorer. There is a bug I want to report.

As you know Firefox has a feature of group tab. I use it because I work 100-150 tabs open. When I click All tabs button it shows all tabs from all groups. Normally it should show tabs from active tabs. Can you please fix it?

Thanks
I just posted a fixed version. I don't know how long it will take for an AMO editor to review it. Here's a link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-tabs-restorer/versions/1.1It should show up normally in the next few days.
borayeris

Post by borayeris »

Chris, you're the maaan! New version is working as how it must work. Thanks. It was so hard to use when it shows 100 tabs.

Another thing that might be good for All tabs restorer is reordering tabs. In the original one I could drag and drop tabs. But of course it's not important thing as the bug you fixed.
plix

Post by plix »

Hide Tab Bar With One Tab: There are some theme issues introduced because the tabs toolbar is collapsed directly. Ultimately, this is because TabsOnTop.syncUI() isn't called (when the tab bar is hidden the tabsontop DOM attribute of several nodes is set to false -- regardless of the associated setting -- and much of the CSS keys off this). This is why the gradients are broken on some platforms when using the extension as it is now.

Because of the way the Firefox XBL is written, changes to tabcontainer move up the hierarchy. So, instead of setting #TabsToolbar's collapsed property directly, tabcontainer's visibility property should be set instead (whose setter changes it's parent's collapsed property and also calls TabsOnTop.syncUI()). The MutationObserver currently used by the extension is overly broad in what it watches for (calling TabsOnTop.syncUI() in the current callback triggers an infinite loop because it changes attributes on the observed node) and since it's an async mechanism there is the potential for a race condition on changes to the DOM not being reflected because they were made in parallel with XBL-triggered changes.

I made some changes to more closely follow the way the code originally worked (basically undoing the meat of the original patch without reintroducing the pref; see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment ... ction=diff).

Instead of making changes in the XUL overlay I overrode the tabcontainer's XBL in a new file (hidetabbar.xml):

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<bindings id="hidetabbar-tabBrowserBindings"
      xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/xbl"
      xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      xmlns:xul="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
      xmlns:xbl="http://www.mozilla.org/xbl">
   <binding id="hidetabbar-tabbrowser-tabs" extends="chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml#tabbrowser-tabs">
      <implementation implements="nsIDOMEventListener">
         <method name="updateVisibility">
            <body><![CDATA[
               this.visible = (this.tabbrowser.visibleTabs.length > 1);
            ]]></body>
         </method>
      </implementation>
   </binding>
</bindings>

...and a new CSS file to register the relevant -moz-binding (hidetabbar.css):

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

@-moz-document url-prefix('chrome://') {
   .tabbrowser-tabs {
      -moz-binding: url("chrome://hidetabbar/content/hidetabbar.xml#hidetabbar-tabbrowser-tabs");
   }
}

which reduces the overlay to just including the stylesheet:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://hidetabbar/content/hidetabbar.css" type="text/css"?>
<overlay xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul" />

This does remove the browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar changes, but when testing I was unable to reproduce those issues with this code (my suspicion is that they were also related to the MutationOberver's callback being called asynchronously and/or tabcontainer.visibility's setter not being called). This also has the added benefit of drastically reducing the number of times #TabContainer.collapsed is updated.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I've been busy lately. I will try to check out you code soon. I'm sure what you have written in correct. The truth is, I don't use that extension and the only reason I wrote it was because people were having difficulty with the css I posted first: #tabbrowser-tabs tab[first-tab='true'][last-tab='true'] { display:none !important; }. Also, I had just seen the code for mutation observers and wanted to try it out. I never looked at the bug that removed original code.

edit: I'm not sure "updateVisibility" is called enough. When using tab groups, if you have a group with one tab, it will hide the tab bar, but if you change groups, and that group has more tabs, it will not show the bar again and vice versa. Adding "adjustTabstrip" might work.
mark_jd

Post by mark_jd »

Suggestion about All Tabs Restorer:

Can you add option for thumbnails to keep the snapshot from the opened pages because now after restarting it shows empty thumbnails and when i check "Start loading unloaded tabs when showing preview" Firefox freezes when the active group contains lot of tabs.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

mark_jd wrote:Suggestion about All Tabs Restorer:

Can you add option for thumbnails to keep the snapshot from the opened pages because now after restarting it shows empty thumbnails and when i check "Start loading unloaded tabs when showing preview" Firefox freezes when the active group contains lot of tabs.
Although I think that is probably possible since I think when this was still part of Firefox, it did it, I don't know enough about the code to make it happen. This extension started off as Dao Gottwald's Crtl-Tab version 0.19. That was released around the time Firefox 3.5 was out and that feature was not supported back then. I have looked through the code that was removed from Firefox, but it was in several files and it looked like a lot more work to try to make into an extension. I doubt I could have ever got it working.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I'm a long time user of Nightly nee Trunk. With the landing of the abomination known as Australis on Nightly today, do you have any plans to make Estension Options Menu compatible it?

I am using the Classic Theme Restorer addon in an attempt to fix the mess that Australis has created. What I have found is that clicking the button does not display the list of addons to access their options. Right-clicking does open the about:addons, though. I did not see any errors in the error console.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
simukis_

Post by simukis_ »

Hide Tab Bar With One Tab doesn’t work with new Nightlies any more too.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

WildcatRay wrote:I'm a long time user of Nightly nee Trunk. With the landing of the abomination known as Australis on Nightly today, do you have any plans to make Estension Options Menu compatible it?

I am using the Classic Theme Restorer addon in an attempt to fix the mess that Australis has created. What I have found is that clicking the button does not display the list of addons to access their options. Right-clicking does open the about:addons, though. I did not see any errors in the error console.

Australis = abomination, you got that right Ray!
No Vertical Toolbar, no Status Bar, TMP+ is affected too. I'm going to have to check all my extensions to find out what, and how they've been affected. ](*,) Thank the lordy it's only Nightly.
Cheers,
Keith
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

Must browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar be set to false? I mind the Australis theme much less when it's set to true, yet having only one tab open still hides the tab bar. Could it be made optional?
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

WildcatRay wrote:I'm a long time user of Nightly nee Trunk. With the landing of the abomination known as Australis on Nightly today, do you have any plans to make Estension Options Menu compatible it?

I can't guarantee anything, but I'll look into compatibility with the Classic Theme Restorer addon. Without that addon, it is compatible with Australis, except the option to add to the titlebar menu doesn't do anything since there is no titlebar menu any longer (meaning, you can add to the tools menu or have a giant stupid looking icon next to your url bar or in the "customize and control" drop down if you customize your icons.) I do need to change the orientation of the text on the button, but I'm going to wait for a while to see how all of this Australis stuff plays out.

Caspid wrote:Must browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar be set to false? I mind the Australis theme much less when it's set to true, yet having only one tab open still hides the tab bar. Could it be made optional?
Currently, yes it has to be set or there are weird redraws that corrupt things. I've got a new version (mostly plix's code from above.) I'll probably release a beta in the next few days. It won't really be a beta, but I hate to make it a full release and then have Australis change again.
makondo

Post by makondo »

keithy397, what's wrong with TMP? It works fine for me (the latest dev.build). If you're having problems, post in the TMP forum/Builds.