[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Chris000001

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by Chris000001 »

gd_on wrote:Hi,
I use your extension (and theme) menu for quite a long time now.
I have some problems with the French localisation because in some menu a single quote (') appear, and some recent items are not translated.
I've made for myself corrections which are OK on my windows PC. As I don't know how to post here an attached file, here are the corrections I propose :
in optionsmenu.properties :

Code: Select all

EOMRestart=Redémarrer

in optionsmenu.dtd (full file with original translator work) :

<!ENTITY EOM.Title "Options">
<!ENTITY EOM.Options "Options">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowVersion "Afficher les versions">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowIcons "Afficher les icônes">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowInToolsMenu "Afficher dans le menu Outils">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowInTitlebarMenu "Afficher dans le menu de la barre de titre (le cas échéant)">
<!ENTITY EOM.Advanced "Avancé">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowAll "Afficher les libellés sans options">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowDisabled "Afficher les libellés désactivés par l'utilisateur">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowIncompatible "Afficher les libellés incompatibles (applications désactivées)">
<!ENTITY EOM.ShowRestart "Afficher le menu redémarrer à la fin de la liste">
<!-- Translators: Use as many of the next four lines as needed to translate the following.  Lines with only a period \".\" will be automatically hidden. -->
<!ENTITY EOM.QuickActions "Utiliser un clic droit pour activer/désactiver un libellé et un clic milieu pour ouvrir la page d'accueil si elle est définie">
<!ENTITY EOM.QuickActions2 "Redémarre automatiquement si nécessaire sauf si 'Afficher le menu redémarrer' est séléctionné">
<!ENTITY EOM.QuickActions3 ".">
<!ENTITY EOM.QuickActions4 ".">
<!ENTITY EOM.BlackList "Libellés à ne pas afficher - séparés par une virgule">
<!ENTITY EOM.ExtensionOptions "Options de l'extension">

gd_on
At some point, Babelzilla decided to escape characters that did not need it (the quote mark.) I sent an email to the translators asking them to correct them when I uploaded a new version there. This one must have been missed. I'll try to remember to add this to the next release.

Thanks!
gd_on

Post by gd_on »

Oups !
I have seen a small mistake in my translation (an é which should be an e). Here is the correct chain :

<!ENTITY EOM.QuickActions2 "Redémarre automatiquement si nécessaire sauf si 'Afficher le menu redémarrer' est sélectionné">

gd_on
Morten79

Post by Morten79 »

Thanks for making this great add-on 8-)
v2.2 was the first version that was able too correctly detect updates for User Scripts used by Greasemonkey.
In v2.3 I noticed that the addon now require Firefox 17.x or newer that's fair, but please remember that many small and large corporations including me are using Firefox 17.x ESR and will be using it for quite sometime. I intend too use this version at least until the next ESR is released. Please continue too make it compatible with FF 17 at least until December 2013 if possible.

Cheers Morten
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Morten79 wrote:Thanks for making this great add-on 8-)
v2.2 was the first version that was able too correctly detect updates for User Scripts used by Greasemonkey.
In v2.3 I noticed that the addon now require Firefox 17.x or newer that's fair, but please remember that many small and large corporations including me are using Firefox 17.x ESR and will be using it for quite sometime. I intend too use this version at least until the next ESR is released. Please continue too make it compatible with FF 17 at least until December 2013 if possible.

Cheers Morten
Thanks. ESR is the reason why I chose version 17 as the new minimum. It'll still work down to 3.7a5pre, but one or two of the options will be selectable that don't work (the one about an alert - technically called door hangers, and show in app menu for Thunderbird.) It was just too much work for me to have to install so many version when I tested changes. I don't have any plans for more changes in the near future.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

New Extension - Hide Tab Bar With One Tab

Hide the tab bar if there is only one tab. Automatically sets browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false and gives the option to reset it to default on uninstalling/disabling starting with version 0.2 - currently uploaded, but not preliminarily reviewed by reviewers. As soon as that is finished it should show up. If you use 0.1, set browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false in about:config.
alexo

Add-on Update Checker

Post by alexo »

I was running 2.2beta1, it did not detect that 2.3 was available.
What could be the problem?
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Chris000001 wrote:Beta's won't update except to new beta's. I don't know why AMO is set up that way. I seem to recall seeing bugs posted to let it get back to the normal update path, but nothing ever happened. It's nothing I can change on my end.
alexo

Post by alexo »

Keeeeeeee-rap....
Now I need to check all my addons to see if any of them are on the beta path.

Thanks for the info.
alexo

Post by alexo »

Oh, there is something that you can do -- release a "beta" together with the final update.
Granted, this is one of the ugliest workarounds one can imagine, but at least it will keep your "bleeding edge" users updated.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Toggle Link Visited

Adds a right-click menu item to either mark a link visited or unvisited depending on its current state using the async history service needed by Firefox 23 and above.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/toggle-link-visited/
max2

Post by max2 »

Can you get the roboform icon to show please ?

Last edited by James on June 6th, 2013, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made as a large thumbnail link as image was too big at 1,680px × 1,050px for img tags
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

max2 wrote:Can you get the roboform icon to show please ?
I tried the stand alone extension version and it works fine. I'm not willing to install the full .exe version, but my guess is they place the extension in their 'program files' folder. Firefox won't grab icons from program files, meaning I can't fix it.
max2

Post by max2 »

Chris000001 wrote:
max2 wrote:Can you get the roboform icon to show please ?
I tried the stand alone extension version and it works fine. I'm not willing to install the full .exe version, but my guess is they place the extension in their 'program files' folder. Firefox won't grab icons from program files, meaning I can't fix it.

Ok thanks.

No problem.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

All Tabs Restorer

Brings back All Tabs shortcut page by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Tab or clicking optional toolbar button (drag from customize window.)

This started off as Dao Gottwald's Crtl-Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ctrl-tab) version 0.19, the last version I could find that had complete All Tabs code. I removed all of the Crtl-Tab code and fixed any problems I could find in the remaining All Tabs code by renaming functions and grabbing needed functions from the removed Ctrl-Tab code, removing left over Firefox code from the hatchet job they did of removing their All Tabs code, replaced domattrmodified event listener with mutation observer, replaced the close tab button code and icon, and replaced some set attributes with event listeners. Not tested on Linux or Mac, but the code was there originally, so I left compatibility enabled.

Currently it looks like the close tab button is drawn in the wrong place sometimes. I'll look into it at some point in the future. fixed in version 0.2

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/all-tabs-restorer/
Last edited by Chris000001 on May 20th, 2013, 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thanks Chris! I personally never use it but i know a few people on TMP forum will be happy.
Do you know why it says not available for Fx22?