[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by makondo »

Chris,
just want to thank you again for the disable from menu option - saves me a lot of time when testing for possible conflicts. It's so easy and works so well, i feel like doing it just for a fun of it sometimes Image
A huge thank you, Chris!
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris,

Just to let you know I found a userstyle not related to [Ext]EOM 1.24 that breaks the extension state symbols:

• Items to be disabled show a minus '-'
  • Items to be enabled show a plus '+'
  • Items currently disabled show a star '*'

Reported Incompatibility here:
http://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/28872/add-on-and-userstyle-incompatibilty-bug-report/#Item_1
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

makondo wrote:Chris,
just want to thank you again for the disable from menu option - saves me a lot of time when testing for possible conflicts. It's so easy and works so well, i feel like doing it just for a fun of it sometimes Image
A huge thank you, Chris!

Thanks! I'm glad other people find these extensions useful.
rob64rock wrote:Chris,

Just to let you know I found a userstyle not related to [Ext]EOM 1.24 that breaks the extension state symbols:

http://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/28872/add-on-and-userstyle-incompatibilty-bug-report/#Item_1

I's assume it has something to do with the menu accel container since I'm using label:after and that's what comes after the label. If it's hidden, you won't get the signs. I don't have time to test right now, but something like:
#EOMappPopup .menu-accel-container, #EOMbuttonPopup .menu-accel-container, #EOMtoolsPopup .menu-accel-container { display:-moz-box !important; }
might help.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:

I assume it has something to do with the menu accel container since I'm using label:after and that's what comes after the label. If it's hidden, you won't get the signs. I don't have time to test right now, but something like:
#EOMappPopup .menu-accel-container, #EOMbuttonPopup .menu-accel-container, #EOMtoolsPopup .menu-accel-container { display:-moz-box !important; }
might help.

Tried your above code and had no such luck getting it to work, I also tried to look into it my self but I couldn't figure out what was causing the problem.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Try changing:
menuitem[label]:not(.searchbar-engine-menuitem), .splitmenu-menuitem
{-moz-binding:url("chrome://global/content/bindings/menu.xml#menuitem-iconic-noaccel")!important}

to:
:not(#EOMappPopup):not(#EOMbuttonPopup):not(#EOMtoolsPopup) > menuitem[label]:not(.searchbar-engine-menuitem), .splitmenu-menuitem
{-moz-binding:url("chrome://global/content/bindings/menu.xml#menuitem-iconic-noaccel")!important}

and you can get rid of the earlier line I gave you.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:Try changing:
menuitem[label]:not(.searchbar-engine-menuitem), .splitmenu-menuitem

to:
:not(#EOMappPopup):not(#EOMbuttonPopup):not(#EOMtoolsPopup) > menuitem[label]:not(.searchbar-engine-menuitem), .splitmenu-menuitem

and you can get rid of the earlier line I gave you.

Chris,

The new CSS code worked on making them appear, but now with using the new code above with the CSS code below it no longer changes extension state symbols color:

http://userstyles.org/styles/54686/firefox-7-ext-eom-extension-state-colored

Code: Select all

#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after { color: #BF4000; }
#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after { color: #008000; }
#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after { color: #FF8000; }
Last edited by rob64rock on October 22nd, 2011, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

The new CSS code above worked on making them appear, but now with using the new code above with the CSS code below it no longer changes extension state symbols color:

http://userstyles.org/styles/54686/firefox-7-ext-eom-extension-state-colored

Code: Select all

#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMisDisabled='true'] label:after { color: #BF4000; }
#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='true'] label:after { color: #008000; }
#EOMappPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after, #EOMbuttonPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after, #EOMtoolsPopup > menuitem[EOMtoBeToggled='false'] label:after { color: #FF8000; }

changing:
/* Greyscale icons for disabled menuitems */
menuitem[disabled="true"]
{filter: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensions.svg#greyscale") !important;}

to:
/* Greyscale icons for disabled menuitems */
:not(#EOMappPopup):not(#EOMbuttonPopup):not(#EOMtoolsPopup) > menuitem[disabled="true"]
{filter: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensions.svg#greyscale") !important;}

Allows the above style to change extension state symbols color.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Chris,

I would like to request a feature for future versions of AUC. I would like the ability to change the "Spoofing" number to be included in the Options Menu UI for easier access. It would make it easier for the end user to change the setting without having to enter it through about:config. Thanks!

Griz
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Chris,

I would like to request a feature for future versions of AUC. I would like the ability to change the "Spoofing" number to be included in the Options Menu UI for easier access. It would make it easier for the end user to change the setting without having to enter it through about:config. Thanks!

Griz

I just uploaded beta 10. There was a variable that wasn't always initialized properly and it adds the spoof settings to the options page after you set it the first time through about:config (it would be hidden again it you remove the number, just like the menu items to check for updates for spoofed version.) It should be available at the addons.mozilla.org mirrors soon.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Chris000001 wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Chris,

Griz

I just uploaded beta 10. There was a variable that wasn't always initialized properly and it adds the spoof settings to the options page after you set it the first time through about:config (it would be hidden again it you remove the number, just like the menu items to check for updates for spoofed version.) It should be available at the addons.mozilla.org mirrors soon.

Thanks Chris,

Just updated to Beta 10 and it works like a charm! Nice addition. =D>
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris,
Using AUC 1.13beta10:
On occasion if I manually check for updates using the AUC toolbar button and then select to install the update and I then wait to restart the browser later, a few seconds later I get another urlbar notification saying update found select to install when its already installed waiting for restart. Note: Right clicking and going into the Customize Toolbar Window after waiting to restart the browser makes the install update url bar notification reappear also.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

The first thing is caused by the install triggering a recheck. That's done in case you installed a restartless add-on/theme that is not in use. That's how the icon would be reset. It may be fixable by me by checking what needed an update before install verse what is needed after. If they are the same I could not update the icon/tooltip. I don't know if I'll get to that anytime soon (or possibly ever.) I'd rather alert you twice (it is technically correct since the update isn't installed until restart) than not reset the icon for restartless/themes. The second thing was on purpose, in case you customize the browser and show a previously hidden AUC icon. That way it would change color and set the tooltip and menus correctly. I have changed that so it now only does those things if the icon was not shown before the customization and is shown after instead of any time you customize anything. That should make it in to AUC 2.0 (I decided there were enough changes to bump the version number) which I am trying to get translated by this coming weekend. Assuming most of the translations are done, I'll post it to addons.mozilla.org at that time.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris000001 wrote:The first thing is caused by the install triggering a recheck. That's done in case you installed a restartless add-on/theme that is not in use. That's how the icon would be reset. It may be fixable by me by checking what needed an update before install verse what is needed after. If they are the same I could not update the icon/tooltip. I don't know if I'll get to that anytime soon (or possibly ever.) I'd rather alert you twice (it is technically correct since the update isn't installed until restart) than not reset the icon for restartless/themes. The second thing was on purpose, in case you customize the browser and show a previously hidden AUC icon. That way it would change color and set the tooltip and menus correctly. I have changed that so it now only does those things if the icon was not shown before the customization and is shown after instead of any time you customize anything. That should make it in to AUC 2.0 (I decided there were enough changes to bump the version number) which I am trying to get translated by this coming weekend. Assuming most of the translations are done, I'll post it to addons.mozilla.org at that time.

The first problem I mentioned above in regards to after selecting to install an userstyle update the blue icon button disappears and then reappears with the blue update icon and selecting to install the userstyle update again does nothing causing the blue icon button to remain there until browser restart. Now in regards to selecting to install extension updates after selecting to install the extension updates before the blue icon button can change to red, the url bar notification popups again leaving the blue icon button visible without changing it to red and selecting the install the extension update again has no effect causing the blue icon button to remain there until browser restart.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

Chris,
Using AUC 1.13beta10:
When an update is detected the the tools menu-item "Add-on update checker" -> "Install updates" stays disabled=true when it should be disabled=false. The reason I even noticed is that I have placed an icon on the left side that stays gray-scaled when the menu-item is disabled=true, but should change to it's default color yellow when it's disabled=false.
Burunduk

Post by Burunduk »

Hm, there are icons in the AUC tools sub-menu. I didn't know that. I don't see them in the AUC button menu either.