[Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Checker

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext]Extension Options Menu/Themes Menu/Addon Update Che

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, again, Chris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

Chris, please check bug 1185294 for an example of a potential issue with your implementation of that last update, and how it was fixed upstream.
tbs

Post by tbs »

This is the icon on toolbar after today Firefox Nighly release + extension 2.16. Very very tiny xD
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

FWIW, I still have a perfectly formed button and dropmarker on todays Nightly on WinXP
Last edited by JayhawksRock on October 13th, 2015, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

tbs wrote:Image

This is the icon on toolbar after today Firefox Nighly release + extension 2.16. Very very tiny xD

Chris,

More here on this.

If, in fact, the bug I mention there is the issue, then I think the patch may need some more tweaking since it should not have affected browser buttons which should not be the wrong size in the first place, yet I am seeing that.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

JayhawksRock wrote:FWIW, I still have a perfectly formed button and dropmarker on todays Nightly on WinXP

Something is strange since more than EOMs button is having this issue.
Ray

JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

OOPs, I had Aris' CTB enabled.... Without it I get the same as your screen shot :oops:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

JayhawksRock wrote:OOPs, I had Aris' CTB enabled.... Without it I get the same as your screen shot :oops:

I use CTB, but only for applying button faces. When I disabled on my primary profile, it had not effect.

Do you use more of CTB?
Ray

JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

@WildcatRay
Most of the CTB settings are at default. I have had the button border surounds forever it seems and there are just a few settings that are used. I need to check if Stylish also has some effect. Also, its possible XP default theme is affected differently than Win7 plus. I can post the changed prefs if you want.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Extensions that use buttons of type="menu" have those super small icons. type="menu-button" is fine. I don't think it is anything that everyone that uses the menu type is doing wrong. I only specify the icon itself, not sizing, margin, padding, etc.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

I'm on a laptop so I use the small buttons, so I guess maybe thats part of the the difference in the border look. Disabling Stylish has no effect...
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

JayhawksRock wrote:@WildcatRay
Most of the CTB settings are at default. I have had the button border surounds forever it seems and there are just a few settings that are used. I need to check if Stylish also has some effect. Also, its possible XP default theme is affected differently than Win7 plus. I can post the changed prefs if you want.

In my test, I have only 3 installed extensions, Kaspersky, EOM, & CTR, and have the very small button icons including EOM's.

The History and Bookmarks buttons are the browsers, not extensions and yet, are also very small. Go figure. (This is why I think it is the patch that is the issue and it should be corrected.)
Ray

Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

I'm going to give it a few days before looking at a way to reverse it. I'm 99% sure it's a mozilla problem.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Chris000001 wrote:I'm going to give it a few days before looking at a way to reverse it. I'm 99% sure it's a mozilla problem.

Not a problem for Mozilla, I think. You only have to look at what they're hitting in the Diff to know that they are only concerned about their default theme and know other stuff will break. The earlier bug used a similar scatter gun approach.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

It seems like many are missing that 2 of the 3 affected buttons are the browser's and not extensions. Be definition, does that not make is mozilla's problem?
Ray