[Ext] Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 [2007-02-10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Shingoshi wrote:And here is another problem. I am running Linux with KDE as my desktop manager. Entering Ctl-F11 switches my desktop to #11 (I have 20 open desktops). There needs to be a way to change which key this extension uses for closing the tabbar! Whatever problems may be attributed to TMP, has no relevance on the selection of function keys. So while you are sorting out compatibility issues, start by changing the function key to user selectable.

I am using Firefox-2.0.0.1 on Slamd64 Linux.

Why not use <a href="viewtopic.php?t=72994">Keyconfig</a> for that?
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 | IMDb Preview 0.6.2 | Gmail RTL 0.1.1
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Geva Zeichner wrote:
Shingoshi wrote:And here is another problem. I am running Linux with KDE as my desktop manager. Entering Ctl-F11 switches my desktop to #11 (I have 20 open desktops). There needs to be a way to change which key this extension uses for closing the tabbar! Whatever problems may be attributed to TMP, has no relevance on the selection of function keys. So while you are sorting out compatibility issues, start by changing the function key to user selectable.

I am using Firefox-2.0.0.1 on Slamd64 Linux.

Why not use <a href="viewtopic.php?t=72994">Keyconfig</a> for that?

I have mr tech local install. I'm not sure where it is. But it's not in my tool menu as this link (keyconfig) claims it should be. cntrl-shift-f12 doesn''t do it either.

Other extensions which have shortcuts, have the means to change them within the extensions options.
ALP

Post by ALP »

Hi, developer!

Could you add these points to the "todo" list ?
- make it possible to unhide the tab bar when the Fullscreen mode is turned on
- a button to toggle the tab bar on the navigation bar (I'd move it on AIOS side bar)

PS.
My FF 2.0.0.1 also have these extensions:
- Autohide 1.1.4
- TMP 0.3.5.2
- Vertical Tabbar 1.1.1
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

ALP wrote:Hi, developer!

- a button to toggle the tab bar on the navigation bar (I'd move it on AIOS side bar)

PS.
- Autohide 1.1.4
- TMP 0.3.5.2
- Vertical Tabbar 1.1.1

Try my extension with the others disabled. Tell me if you still can't do the above.
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
ALP

Post by ALP »

Geva Zeichner wrote:Try my extension with the others disabled. Tell me if you still can't do the above.

Done. HTB conflicts with Autohide. It's a rather sad thing, because Autohide has some unique features :(

Sorry for my English. I meant "I'd move it to AIOS side bar".
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

1.0dev.2
I had returned to using 2.2, after finding the last version of this unusable. The tabbar never closes. It can only be closed by shortcut. It is a nuisance. If you don't want to do what I wrote below, at least put an optional button on the status bar to toggle the tabbar. No point in putting it above on a toolbar, or you'll simply be faced with the same problem. In fact, you can do both of these. Statusbar button and return the user-selectable shortcuts.

You need to return the option of setting your own shortcut. I wrote about this before. The current default shortcut does not work with LINUX KDE if using more than 10 desktops. Making the user go about "fixing" this through another means is impolite. Return the shortcut modification from earlier releases.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

ALP wrote:Hi, developer!

PS.
- Autohide 1.1.4
- TMP 0.3.5.2
- Vertical Tabbar 1.1.1

Please don't put the hide button on the AIOS sidebar. I want to hide the tabbar, not have to show the sidebar which is already hidden, just to close the tabbar. Putting it anywhere other than the statusbar is ridiculous.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

This doesn't make any sense. Why on earth does the tabbar hide when I position my mouse above the window border, and then show when I move back to the page? Can someone please explain this behavior to me. Does this have anything to do with TMP or Widefox-2.0. Yes, I have vertical tabs, thanks to Widefox-2.0. Worked just fine without this mess! Oh, and yeah, that push-pin should follow the orientation of the tabbar. A vertical tabbar which displays tabs horizontally within it, should have the push-pin displayed horizontally across the top of the tabbar. Otherwise, all of your IMPROVEMENTS are turning out to be more of a hassle than they are worth.

Install the userChrome.css for Widefox-2.0 and experience the utility of vertical tabs. Yes, you must have TMP installed FIRST. Otherwise, you won't have visible content in the browser window.
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

HTB doesn't currently support a vertical tab bar. I presume most users don't use it. But thank you for reporting the issues, keep it going.
I just don't have time to make HTB compatible with all extensions. So if someone wants to investigate and offer me with a solution (in the code), I'll be more than happy to implement it in.

My Extensions:
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Oh and about:
Shingoshi wrote:Making the user go about "fixing" this through another means is impolite

I believe your vertical tab bar thing requires the same thing.
It's not impolite IMO, It's just an offer the author gives the user, as a working and easy to implement solution.

My Extensions:
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Geva Zeichner wrote:HTB doesn't currently support a vertical tab bar. I presume most users don't use it. But thank you for reporting the issues, keep it going.
I just don't have time to make HTB compatible with all extensions. So if someone wants to investigate and offer me with a solution (in the code), I'll be more than happy to implement it in.

Widefox-2.0 is not an extension. It is a userChrome.css script. It can be readily applied to Firefox as long as you are using Tab Mix Plus. It will give you vertical tabs on either side of your browser window. If your tabbar is set to the top, it will appear on the left. If the tabbar is set to the bottom, it will appear on the right. I have both my tabbar and AIOS on the right for ergonomics. Both are intended to autohide. Another option to consider, is to have HTB function if the cursor has left it more than a set amount of time. So that if you return your cursor to the main viewing area for more than the set time, the tabbar automatically hides again.

For users with widescreen displays, it really enhances the use of Firefox. But even with a standard display, much real estate is saved with the use of Hide Tab Bar 2.2. I will now go back to using the older version of this extension for that reason. At some point, if this author does not make the simple return of the user selectable shortcut, I will modify it myself to keep track of enhancements to be made in further releases of this extension. Either or I will modify these myself to retain the user control of earlier versions. Whichever proves to be the most stable.
onemen

Post by onemen »

Geva

later this week i will send you "improved" version that work with Tabmix and support vertical tabbar
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

That will be great :)
Thanks onemen!

My Extensions:
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Geva Zeichner wrote:That will be great :)
Thanks onemen!

I am truly impressed with both of you. I hope this can always continue in the future. It will be the best for all of us. And for all of us, again I say thank you.
onemen

Post by onemen »

Geva test this Hide_Tab_Bar_1.0dev.3a

this version work with Tabmix and support vertical tabbar