[Theme] Noia Fox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
David.Vincent

Re: [Theme] Noia Fox

Post by David.Vincent »

Hi elfalot,

I must admit that you are right. The half right of the close button isn't highlight when hovering. I never be troubled with this (I am always hovering the close button in the center of the button or I close my tabs with the mouse middle click)

But actualy I don't know how to solve this bug. If anybody has the solution........thank you

I have found the solution. Fix in the next version (1.3.6).
Swiftks

Post by Swiftks »

Love the theme, however, if I show both text & icons for the Navigation toolbar and the Bookmarks toolbar, the text/icons start to overlap each other... needs a bit more of a buffer perhaps? Thanks.

Running Firefox 5.0 on Windows 7, Noia 1.3.4
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hi Swiftks,

Have you tried to install the last version 1.3.5 : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

This bug is solved with this version.

With the next version (1.3.6)

and I add the possibility to have borders

David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version available 1.3.6

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

- Fix : Tab close button more reactive
- Fix : personal toolbar and navigation toolbar overlap
- Fix : Organizer with Firefox 7
- Add-ons Fix : Get Mail, Chatzilla, DownThemAll, FoxyProxy (for 800x600 screen - Thanks to Aris), Treestyle, AdBlock icon when disabled
- Add-ons Fix : All-in-one sidebar, Download statusbar, Hide caption titlebar (now full working), Firebug, and many other add-ons.......
- Add-ons Fix : Status-4-evar : preferences missing icon
- Add-ons Fix : Google bar lite 4.7.9 search text and tool text missing display
- Noia Fox Option : remove "fullscreen" option
- Noia Fox Option : remove "tabs in the bottom of Firefox" option --> better use tabMixPlus add-on for this option
- Default theme now with borders for menubar, personal toolbar and Google bar (lite)
- Noia Fox option : add "No border in toolbars" option
If you don't want borders with the dark theme, first choose dark theme, then choose "No border"
- Noia Fox option : add "Aero - Window not maximized : classic titlebar" option
- Bigger Stylish icon in navigation toolbar
- Personas : text color for tabs display as persona's setting when tabbar background is set to transparent in Noia Fox Options
- Big improvement of the dark theme.
- Improvement of the add-ons preferences display (for example : now all options are displayed for Automatic Save Folder add-on)
- Internal changes request by Mozilla team
-> no more archive in Noia Fox theme
-> Noia Fox Option : prefwindow instead of dialog (Thanks to Aris)
- Add support for Firefox 8.0a1
Last edited by David.Vincent on August 23rd, 2011, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version available 1.3.7

- Internal changes (requested by Mozilla) made by Aris - Thanks for his great work.
- Add toolbar button for Noia Fox Options - Thanks to Aris
- Noia Fox Option : add some tooltips and a link for a page that describe how to install personas with Noia Fox.
- Noia Fox option : add help link.
- All-in-one-sidebar add-on : Complete rework - buttons like the ones with Firefox 3.6 (default add-on buttons are only made for Firefox default theme like)
- Add-ons improve : Fire FTP, Image zoom, Download manager tweak, Reminder Fox, Down them all,....
- Add-on fix : Status 4 evar when status text is displayed in the url bar with domain highlight.
- Improve some icons display.
- New Noia Fox icon.
- Add the add-on bar close button (can be hidden with the status 4 evar add-on).
- More blue close buttons.
- Return of the "Tabs in the bottom of Firefox" option with limitations (see the tooltip/help in the Noia Fox Options).
- Add option to choose between icon+text or icons only for the bookmarks toolbar.
- Improve bookmarks toolbar buttons display.
- Add option : when Firefox option is icon+text selected for the add-ons --> possibility to have only icon (like old version of Noia) or
icon+text (the text is displayed at the right side of the icon)
- Firefox missing button : Add a new toolbar button "Find text" --> Now you can make the find bar appear with a toolbar button (equivalent Ctrl+F)
(this option will be available for all Firefox themes if you don't delete Noia Fox Options)
- Fix : personas with browser normal mode - tabs on top - menu hide
Last edited by David.Vincent on August 23rd, 2011, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dumdee

Post by dumdee »

Hi,

Great theme and love the auto hide function. But when I upgraded it from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 the bookmark toolbar refuses to show when the auto-hide is on. There is space reserved for the bar but the bookmarks doesnt show. This happens the same whether I have a different persona defined or if I have Noia Fox working by itself. Its repeatable. I am using FF5.0 on Win7 64bit, it used to work fine in 1.3.6.

Example sequence of events:
1. start FF
2. turn on auto-hide
3. restart FF --> auto-hide works, but bookmark toolbar is blank
4. turn off auto-hide
5. restart FF --> no auto-hide, but bookmark toolbar is back with all relevant bookmarks displayed
6. turn on auto-hide again
7. restart FF --> same as step 3

Can that please be solved? the auto-hide option is really nice.

Thanks.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hi dumdee,

Thank you for reporting this bug. I have tested all Noia Fox versions from the begining and I can reproduce this bug with all of them (even with the 1.3.6 version).

Here is a beta version with correction of the bug : http://www.mediafire.com/?4nie4e6f5ui55

Good new, I have corrected the bookmark toolbar bug + the Google bar display (no more on the top of the nav bar)

Test it and tell me if the correction is good for you.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version available : 1.3.8

- Improved 'Hide' option : Bookmark toolbar display, Google bar position display, Sidebar display, add Web Developer toolbar + Personas support.
- Improved 'Tabs in the bottom of Firefox' option : findbar display, popup Status Bar.
- Improved Personas support with Aero Glass.
- Fix : Adobe Reader with Aero Glass (thanks to Aris).
- Dark theme : Fix background for some cases.
- Dark theme : Background is now deeper dark when all toolbars are active.
- Add-on fix : Configuration mania.
- Add new option : Solid tabs / Transparent tabs.
- Noia Fox is now a package of :
* a basic theme.
* an options manager : Noia Fox options.
* an add-on : Toggle Persona avaible for all Firefox themes.
This add-on adds a new button in the add-ons bar : toggle enable/disable Personas.
See the stand-alone page download for more informations : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e-persona/

- Still a bug I can not fix : domain highlight with the dark theme (Firefox 6+). The domain color is darker than the whole color url text.
This should be lighter. If somebody's got an idea..... Waiting for the correction bug, you can use the Locationbar2 add-on.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version available : 1.3.9
- Toggle persona 1.0.2 : internal changes request by Mozilla.
- Some graphic improvements.
- Add search engines support : Yahoo toolbar, Amazon toolbar.
- Tweak titlebar option improved : Original Windows for all modes (except for tabs in titlebar) / full skinned.
- Hide option improved : now available with 'tabs on top' Firefox option disable.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version : 1.4.2
- Domain highlight with the dark theme (thanks to patrickjdempsey)
- Old bug fix : Reload button looked like going back button with TabMix Plus option "Show Reload Every menu on Reload button"
- Navbar height with small icons.
- Tabs display improvement for more compatibility with some Firefox extensions.
- Internal improvements.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

New version : 1.4.3
- Popup fix : urlbar readonly.
- Toolbar buttons (except History and Bookmarks toolbar buttons) : change display if checked.
- Bookmarks menu button: now with dropmarker.
- Add support for Firefox 10.0a1.
- Stylish V1.2.3 fix : icons display.
- Add history link.
- Firefox 3 background fix with multi toolbars.
- Add-ons manager : Download progress fix.
Unindoctrinated

Post by Unindoctrinated »

Hi there. I really like the appearance and many of the features of this theme, so it is a shame I cannot use it as it has some sort of conflict with the add-on WebMail Notifier. When WebMail Notifier checks my e-mail accounts it does find new e-mails but doesn't display how many there are, which it does fine when using the default theme, and when I click on one to open the e-mail the associated G-mail page never finishes loading.

I don't expect every add-on and every theme to work flawlessly and I don't expect you to rush to fix this. I just thought you may like to know, if you fix it that is just a bonus.

Default: Image Noia: Image
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Unindoctrinated wrote:Hi there. I really like the appearance and many of the features of this theme, so it is a shame I cannot use it as it has some sort of conflict with the add-on WebMail Notifier. When WebMail Notifier checks my e-mail accounts it does find new e-mails but doesn't display how many there are, which it does fine when using the default theme, and when I click on one to open the e-mail the associated G-mail page never finishes loading.

I don't expect every add-on and every theme to work flawlessly and I don't expect you to rush to fix this. I just thought you may like to know, if you fix it that is just a bonus.

Default: Image Noia: Image

Thank you for reporting this bug.

I have tried to correct this bug but if I change the code in order to display the number of mails, I lose the favicons display in the menus.

For the moment I have a lot of work and I have not a lot of time for theme development.

I will see your problem as soon as I have a little time.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

At last, with the help of Aris (Noia 4 theme developer), this bug will be fixed in the next version of Noia Fox. But you must wait a little time. If you want this feature quickly, you can update the next Noia 4 version (1.5.9 : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/noia-4/) that will come soon.

You said "when I click on one to open the e-mail the associated G-mail page never finishes loading" : I have no bug. Gmail page loads without problem for me.
Cm-96

The problem of search.

Post by Cm-96 »

David!
I can not do on Windows 7 screenshot error (use recently).