[Ext] Cookie Controller, now with DOM storage

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Brummelchen

Re: [Ext] Cookie Controller, now with DOM storage

Post by Brummelchen »

there's the intention to fix this
nice to read, then i may be able to use the chromium extension for that: "Disable cookies" - has its own dialog and settings but insert it into chromium.
zedbo9

Post by zedbo9 »

Hi, I'm just wondering if there's any plan to update this to be compatible with the newer versions of firefox? I absolutely love this addon, as it does exactly what I want it to and works beautifully. I had been using an early 2017 build of Firefox but after finding the performance to be evidently terrible, I updated to the latest build which thankfully resolved that issue. When I realised that Cookie Controller wasn't compatible, I tried to find a suitable replacement but to no avail. Nothing even comes close to yours, so I really do hope you are able to update! If you have a mailing list or somewhere to check for news on any developments I'd love to know about that! Cheers, and also Happy New Year!!
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

There is currently no plan to upgrade. Unfortunately Firefox no longer supports, and apparently does not plan to support, many of the features that Cookie Controller provides. Therefore it is not possible to update Cookie Controller to work with FF57 onwards.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

For what it's worth, bug 1363860 about controlling cookie behavior is still open but it has a patch now. fixed in Firefox 59.
Last edited by Gingerbread Man on January 13th, 2018, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
amoe

Post by amoe »

I'd like to agree with zedbo9. CC is my favourite addon and I can't live without it... I'm very sad to hear that CC has been broken by the FF changes. I hope the FF developers sort it out so that we can benefit from both the new release and from CC's powerful features.
markus__

Post by markus__ »

Gingerbread Man wrote:For what it's worth, bug 1363860 about controlling cookie behavior is still open but it has a patch now. fixed in Firefox 59.
Unfortunately this is only about managing them on a global level and not per-site :cry:
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

markus__ wrote:Unfortunately this is only about managing them on a global level and not per-site :cry:
I think it's bug 1291841 for per-site management.

But add-ons that implement their own separate whitelists and blacklists exist. Cookiebro comes closest to what I needed. It doesn't toggle the global cookie setting though, so I'm not using it so far.
  • "Add subdomain.domain.tld to whitelist" in toolbar button menu.
  • "Clear unwanted cookies (# out of #)" in toolbar button menu.
  • Can clear unwanted cookies at startup.
  • Can clear indexedDB and localStorage of regular sites at startup.
  • Can clear unwanted cookies every # minutes; can protect session cookies from auto-deletion.
At this point, I have a cookie toggle button on the toolbar, and most sites are handled by cookie exceptions. So if I were to get an add-on, it would probably be Temporary Containers, to automatically allow and clear session cookies for certain sites.
grahamperrin

Cookie Controller: ask about cookies

Post by grahamperrin »

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cookie-controller/ describes an ask about cookies setting but I can't find it:

Is that because Ask Me Everytime no longer exists?

(Is the description outdated?)