[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by Morac »

Lixt wrote:Hi.
I get the 'The session/window data is corrupted' error.
I see the error is at line 1 column 1512. Can I fix the error or just extract URLs or tittles from the session file? It has about 150 tabs.

That means the file is corrupted and the session data is not in valid JSON format. Usually this means there's a missing quote or colon somewhere in the file. Tracking that down is time consuming because of the size of the files, though you may be able to use an online JSON validator to do so. Just copy the fourth line of the session file, into a validator.
gutterboy

Post by gutterboy »

Morac wrote:
gutterboy wrote:
gutterboy wrote:Is it possible to load a session via a chosen file via "Browse..." - I have a session that exists as a file, but it doesn't seem to show up in the "Load" menu though?

Thanks!
Still awaiting an answer...... please help.

Thanks!
If it doesn't show up under the load menu and it's in the session folder then it's not a valid session file. Though to answer your question, if you associate .session files with Firefox, then double clicking them will open them.
Thank you very much!
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Morac,

What apps can we use to open .JSON files?

Thanks.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
mamafrog

Post by mamafrog »

Need help with the same problems as last time before the update on session manager (January of this year). Session Manager is again losing current session and sending me back to older ones. I've tried everything, nothing seems to help. I'm also getting the corrupted data for sessions message again. Is there a new fix for the current problems?
kaiger

Post by kaiger »

I could not restore the previous session.
Dokan

Post by Dokan »

Hi,
I've installed Session Manager a week ago, since then I was using TabMix session manager that keeps all sites info and when a site is restored, this is done to last known state, with old data and without refreshing. It seems that SM cannot do this, can it? am I missing some setting?
Some info is lost on saved sessions, and when a session is loaded websites aren't completely loading or are reporting errors (I think is related), and it's necessary to refresh every site, but then you're missing the old saved state and data.
Also something went wrong saving a session (only one time), because it got corrupt. I've been looking for the file and it's blank and saved in 'corrupted sessions' folder. Is there any way to be warned when this happen again?
Thank you very much for your help.
RonRock

Post by RonRock »

I am getting this error popup.

My Task Manager shows 57% total memory being used with 44.9% Firefox.
KaiS

Post by KaiS »

It would be nice if Sessionmanager could store the scroll position within each open window.
It's a lot of work to manually restore those if you have a lot of windows open.
califauna

Post by califauna »

Hi,

There doesn't appear to be any way to enable automatic saving when closing a window or session. At least it's not working when I do it. Is this correct?

Thanks.
Tatu-poika

Post by Tatu-poika »

Hi!

In case you're just chillin' and wondering if there's anything more you could possibly do in order to improve Session Manager, I'd like to suggest one more thing...

Currently, in the Session Manager window, crashed sessions and older sessions are by default grouped by name. This confused me when I was trying to find the latest sessions or the second-to-last session.

I now know there's a setting for it, but I believe the standard practice would be to allow for rearranging in the window.

I'd like the dates separated from the session names and moved to a new column called Date, so the user could click on the column label and arrange the list by date when necessary.

(Also, I'd personally appreciate it if I could choose to see the dates in international formats.)

Otherwise, I'm extremely pleased with your product. Thank you very much for your efforts.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

califauna wrote:Hi,
There doesn't appear to be any way to enable automatic saving when closing a window or session. At least it's not working when I do it. Is this correct?
Automatic saving has been working fine on my computer for a very long time. AFAIR, Session manager saves current session by default when closing the browser so you don't even have to configure anything. Could provide more details: Session Manager version, what browser do you use, what did you do before you found out you lost your session?
Sorry for my poor English.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

It looks like we can say goodbye to Session Manager :(
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 246236#c82
Tell me please, will WebExtensions support file renaming, writing to files and other operations with files?
No.
Andy McKay, what the **ck are you doing? ](*,) :evil:
Sorry for my poor English.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Goodbye only for Firefox, as it still be working thankfully in other browsers... ;)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
EmmanuelMozilla

Post by EmmanuelMozilla »

Hi guys. Today I tried to use Session Manager to restore my tabs from my last session and it just shows blank tabs. I gather from the discussion above that there has been some change in Firefox that is responsible. Is that true or should I do some troubleshooting?

What options are there for people that want to keep using browser extensions? Is there a well maintained fork or a patch for Firefox that might be usable? Are the improvements from this new setup sufficient to justify eliminating some of our beloved browser extensions?
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

I guess if I'm reading this right, that Session Manager is not going to work going forward? Does this mean we should stop at version 52 (ESR?), and leave it at that? I think version 53 of Firefox breaks too many things to still be useful (flash, this, java, other extensions, etc.), so I will probably start looking at Chrome going forward.