[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.8 - Oct 27, 2011

Post by Morac »

Just a FYI, but I pushed out my development version as 0.7.8. If you are running 0.7.8pre20111024, there's no changes between that and the 0.7.8 release, so don't worry that you aren't getting the update.
Anthoni

Post by Anthoni »

Hello,

I am new to this board and I only joined to ask if you could possibly implement a "Session Browser / Lister" inside your brilliant extension.
Basically there are several sessions that it keeps track off and I do not / can not remember what websites are open in them and wether I should keep them or not.
If you could have a window that lists them and when click one it will tell you what websites belong inside it, that would be brilliant :)

Regards
Anthoni
Morac

Post by Morac »

In the load window, if you click a session it will list the tabs (web sites) that will be opened. You can also search for web sites in sessions if caching is enabled.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Latest TotalToolbar (1.9.2) breaks session manager and also leaves Bookmarks toolbar blank - seems to me that somethings hosed in that version.
Last edited by DMCrimson on October 31st, 2011, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthoni

Post by Anthoni »

Morac wrote:In the load window, if you click a session it will list the tabs (web sites) that will be opened. You can also search for web sites in sessions if caching is enabled.

Hahahaha, did not realize it did that :D
Superb job. Now if only could delete from there ;)

Regards
Anthoni
Madscientist0

Post by Madscientist0 »

I've been using Session Manager for a while and its been great so far.

However there is one thing that's sorta bothered me:
Sometimes I want to only load a subset of the tabs from a session, but I can only toggle tabs one by one, or by window.
Would it be possible to implement Ctrl/Shift select behavior in that menu?
NOPdat

Post by NOPdat »

I use 0781, and I am missing a feature: On starting Firefox, all older sessions listed in the SM popup, except the previous session, have a date/time stamp. Why not add this to the previous session, too? I have set format for the suggested session names to %40t-%d-%m and in the options menu I don't see any different settings for previous (latest) and older sessions.
deekayy

Post by deekayy »

Session Manager is definitely my favourite and most-used addon.

So it is all the more tragic for me that I have a problem now - and I apologize if it has already been reported as a bug anywhere.
I have looked for a hint - but I could not find anything.

I use Firefox 7.0.1 with Session Manager 0.7.8

When I want to save a session, I can open the SAVE window.
But after typing in a name for the session I can click on SAVE SESSION as often as I want - no new session is added to my long list of existing sessions.

Is it just me - or is it some bug?

Any helpful word is highly appreciated!

(What comes to my mind: I upgraded from Firefox 5 directly to Firefox 7 - and it might be that the error has occured since then)
Morac

Post by Morac »

Deekayy, please enable logging, reproduce the problem and email me the logs (see first post for email address).
Anthoni

Post by Anthoni »

Hi Morac,

Loving the extension, especially now know how to use it properly LOL.
I do a LOT of research and I use the session manager to save current research before starting a new one.
However, it seems the sessions are stored in the main menu and I was wondering if there was a way to store them under their own submenu please ?
My main menu is getting quite cluttered. If you could put them under a sub-menu like Session Manager is, or Reopen Closed etc, that would be fantastic.

Regards
Anthoni
Morac

Post by Morac »

Anthoni, give them a group name and they'll be saved in a submenu of that name.
NOPdat

Post by NOPdat »

Hi Morac,
in addition to my post above, here some system specs:
Win7/64, Firefox 7.01, Session Manger 0.7.8.1pre20111029
Maybe my point has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it.
What I would like is that all browsing sessions, not just the older ones but also the previous (last) one display date/time in the list.

I am new to SM, so perhaps it is already possible to configure it that way and I am looking at the wrong menu entries?
Any help appreciated!
deekayy

Post by deekayy »

Thank you for the kind offer, Morac!

While trying the Log for the first time I accidentally found out that saving a different session worked out fine.
So the reason for the saving problem seems to lie in one of the open tabs.

I finally managed to save the session I wanted with this trick:

1. Close problematic session (A)
2. Start an empty session with any new tab and save that one under "Desired Session Name"
3. Close everything
4. Open problematic session (A) from among the automatic backup sessions
5. Save as and thereby replace "Desired Session Name"

I hope that makes sense, and I'm happy it worked out for me.

In any case I took the opportunity to send a little donation your way for the great work and friendly answer!
george27

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.8.1 - Oct 29, 2011

Post by george27 »

There is a conflict with Vertical Toolbar 0.2.4 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... l-toolbar/ . Session manager will not restore session. 7.7 works just fine. TIA
herojoker

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.8.1 - Oct 29, 2011

Post by herojoker »

Since Firefox 8.0 there's an option to activate lazy loading tabs, i.e. to load tabs not until they are actually clicked on. Unfortunately this option is greyed out when using Session Manager (to be precise: when telling FF to open the SM session on startup) and it seems SM does not have an option in its own settings to make use of this feature. Is it possible to make it compatible with Firefox' checkbox or introduce an own option for that behaviour?

Notice: Unfortunately BarTab Lite isn't compatible with FF 8.0 :(