[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.7 - Sep 18, 2011

Post by Morac »

Fredant, "save the current window" isn't selectable from the main Session Manager window because if there's multiple windows open, there's really no "current window". That really only makes sense when chosen from a browser window.

Chirpy_7, as far as I'm aware Session Manager works in Linux (Ubuntu), at least I haven't heard otherwise. It also works in OS X. if you're having problems, either you have permanent private browsing on or something else is wrong. If you enable logging and send me the logs, I can look at them. Enabling logging also now enables the error console as well as reporting addon errors so if you can look in the error console and report what errors you see related to Session Manager that would be helpful.
RedDevil4ever

Post by RedDevil4ever »

Hi,
I'm kinda curious to know if SM 0.7.7 is still working with Firefox 7.0.1? After updating to FF7.0, SM stopped auto saving my sessions when I close the browser. Is this a bug?
Morac

Post by Morac »

It should still work in 7.0.1. 7.0.1 only had a minor change from 7.0 to fix a bug that caused any addon that had a pending update when upgrading from Firefox 6.0.2 to 7.0, to vanish.

If you're having problems, enable logging and send me the log file.
Stawros

Post by Stawros »

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2308889

FF 8.0, SM 0.77 :
1. New profile, setup SM
2. Startup & Shutdown -> Select Session -> <Previous Browsing Session>
3. Startup & Shutdown -> At shutdown -> ask whether to backup the current session
4. Close browser without session saving
5. Run browser and get

Code: Select all

This operation failed due to a file access error:
backup.session

JS frame :: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 4720

Wtf?
Morac

Post by Morac »

Stawros wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2308889

FF 8.0, SM 0.77 :
1. New profile, setup SM
2. Startup & Shutdown -> Select Session -> <Previous Browsing Session>
3. Startup & Shutdown -> At shutdown -> ask whether to backup the current session
4. Close browser without session saving
5. Run browser and get

Code: Select all

This operation failed due to a file access error:
backup.session

JS frame :: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 4720

Wtf?

There's a bug in my code. I'm not sure how that happened since I tested it, but I must have changed something after testing which broke it. I'll fix it for my next release. In the mean time, just ignore the error, it won't hurt anything.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Just to let you know, I've updated my development version with a few fixes, including one for that error message mentioned above. It also tags the add-on as 10.a1 compatible.

It won't currently auto-update since mozdev.org is in a messed up state at the moment (has been for about a week) and won't let me update the update.rdf to allow automatic updating to work.

Since updating is screwed up on mozdev.org (mozdev.org has been having off and on problems for a few weeks), I'm changing the development version link in my signature to point to the Development channel link on the Session Manager add-ons page at addons.mozilla.org (edit: the download link is still to mozdev.org, but the update link uses mozilla.org).
Last edited by Morac on October 2nd, 2011, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Morac.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Lukedr

Post by Lukedr »

Hi Morac,

I've been using SessionManager without an issue for over a year. Today FF crashed and now the SessionManager log window is completely empty - there are no entries available to load. The backup files are available in the session folder but I can't access them through SessionManager, ie I can't load the last session.

I appreciate any help you might be able to give.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Can you post a screen shot of the Session window? Also can you enable logging and send me the logs?

Also make sure that Session Manager is pointing to the session folder. You can check this by using the "Open Session Folder" menu item and checking to see that the session folder opens.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Hello Morac and thanks for the great extension,

I have been having the following issue for a while.

When I start Ffox the SM window is collapsed on itself.
When I expand it there is no window with the previous sessions but only the Recover Session and Cancel Button.
Now if I click Recover Session it should restore the last session even if it's not visible but instead it starts a new session.
If I close and restart Ffox the same happens.

I have found out that the only way to fix this is to kill the Ffox process.

I am on 7 x64 and currently using Nightly 10 x64 but the same happens on 7 x32.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Threshold, that's the result of an error occurring when the SM window displays. The error won't show up in the logs (I should make it so it does), so you'll need to enable the Error Console in Firefox to see the error. The easiest way to do so, is to enabled logging in SM and check the "Also log to error console". Doing that will set Firefox to enable the Error Console and show chrome errors. Also uncheck all the logging categories so they don't clutter the error console.

Then quit Firefox and run it again. When the SM window opens, just close it and then go to Tools->Web Developer->Error Console (or just press CTRL-SHIFT-J). In the Error Console under errors, there should be something that mentions sessionmanager. If you don't see it, you can try clicking the "save" or "load" in the Session Manager window, that should give you the same broken window and you can check the error console then.
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Morac wrote:Threshold, that's the result of an error occurring when the SM window displays. The error won't show up in the logs (I should make it so it does), so you'll need to enable the Error Console in Firefox to see the error. The easiest way to do so, is to enabled logging in SM and check the "Also log to error console". Doing that will set Firefox to enable the Error Console and show chrome errors. Also uncheck all the logging categories so they don't clutter the error console.

Then quit Firefox and run it again. When the SM window opens, just close it and then go to Tools->Web Developer->Error Console (or just press CTRL-SHIFT-J). In the Error Console under errors, there should be something that mentions sessionmanager. If you don't see it, you can try clicking the "save" or "load" in the Session Manager window, that should give you the same broken window and you can check the error console then.

Hi Morac,

I hope I followed your instructions correctly.

When you say " Also uncheck all the logging categories so they don't clutter the error console.": do you mean categories like "Log Errors""Log Shutdown" etc.?

Anyway the only reference I found to SM is this:
Error: this.gSessionTree.view is null
Source File: chrome://sessionmanager/content/session_prompt.js
Line: 652

Let me know if you need more info like extensions etc. (I use TMP and TGM for example).

Since I am here I wil lreport also that at times the SM window hangs and it is impossible to select sessions for several minutes.

On the wish list front I would like the option to have the same double pane that allows to view the tabs in each sessions we get at startup in the Delete, Rename etc windows.
Also the option to have a combined window with delete, rename, group would be nice.
I don't know if they are feasible but just wishes :)
Morac

Post by Morac »

That error doesn't make a lot of sense. Would it be possible to disable your other addons and see if the error goes away?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Hi Morac,

I have too many addons to disable all of them and wait for the error to reappear.
I did it already in the past but the problem has always reappeared.
It is also that it doesn't even happens all the time.
Maybe I will create another profile or keep monitoring the error console.
Do the other errors or warnings matter at all even if they don't mention SM?
Morac

Post by Morac »

It depends. Really there shouldn't be any errors, but not all errors are problematic.