[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.7 - Sep 18, 2011

Post by Morac »

Okay I found another possible cause for the error, though how the SQL file would get into such a state doesn't make a lot of sense. In any case, I've uploaded fixed version #2.

The fix I put in for 20111014 was for if the sessionmanager.sql file didn't exit. 20111015 now has a a check for the file existing, but not containing a sessions table. I'm not sure how that could happen, but it would generate the same error. Those are the only two things I can think of that would generate that error.

If this doesn't work I'll have to wrap the line in a try/catch which will mask the error, but not really fix it. I'd like to know why it's happening though. So it if doesn't work, I'd like to get a copy of someone's sessionmanager.sql file (assuming it exists). I'm also assuming this error only occurs for people who never enabled caching to disk.
SnoutSpout

Post by SnoutSpout »

Thanks for the speedy tshooting, everything is fine now. If the session table issue is what's causing the problem on my 3.6.x profile, I wonder if it's because I sometimes manually move sessions in and out of the folder to make it more manageable. In any case I've never done that on my Nightly profile and I didn't update SM on Nightly this week before you rolled out the first fix today, so effectively I missed the bug completely there. I only fired it up to check because br00dy reported the bug on 10.x.
br00dy

Post by br00dy »

Thanks Morac

No error messages and working as it should.

Cheers
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Morac wrote:The workaround I put in my code is to force Firefox to relink the session group info with the tab element itself. I've still found cases where things go wrong when there's no reason that I can tell for them to do so. Mainly it was when flipping back and forth between two multi-window sessions, changing the grouping in between. I'm looking into that since it mainly seems to be an issue with Firefox 7 so it's possible it's a FF bug that was fixed in later versions.

It is a stupid question but will the end user notice any improvements? The only bug I've noticed with Panorama was that if you load only one group from the saved session consisting of two groups, then the second group that you didn't choose will also be created.

Are there any bugs like potential tab/data loss that this update fixes? :oops:
Morac

Post by Morac »

Loading sessions with tab groups when there is already groups in the window tends to cause the tabs to load into the wrong groups. So while there's no lost tab data, there is lost group data. I've even see corrupt tab groups that can't be closed.
Sateros

Post by Sateros »

Hi there! Sorry, I have to write this for "Notify me when a reply is posted".
Morac

Post by Morac »

Sateros wrote:Hi there! Sorry, I have to write this for "Notify me when a reply is posted".

You could have actually just click the subscribe button at the top of the page.
Sateros

Post by Sateros »

Yeah? OK, thanks.
amos1

Post by amos1 »

Hello,

I wanted to load a session by mistakenlty overwritten that stored session with the current open tabs.. is there any way to un-delete the original session?

thanks,
Amos.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Each time you load a session it creates a temporary backup session in the Backup group (unless,you turned that option off). These sessions are removed when you exit the browser.
tom_terrific

Post by tom_terrific »

Minor Problem - Session Manager 0.7.7 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 - load / save window too small (zero height)

OK - I'm a session manager newbe - so this maybe a user error.

Started using Session manager about a month ago? Worked fine.

Sometime in last two weeks something changed (I did upgrade to Lion, could also be a Session Manager upgrade).

When I open the session manager - load / save list of sessions - the window opens but shows up as zero height. I get a header bar, but the window itself is 0 pixels high. I can resize it to see the list, but kind of a pain to have to resize the window every time I open the save / load session box.

I tried disabling almost all of my add-ons. I do use firefox sync and sync between multiple systems running different versions of firefox.

Humm - has some kind of internal configuration data become corrupt? I haven't tried using a new profile yet.

Suggestions on how to fix?

Addational info required?

Details:
Mac OS X 10.7.2
Firefox 7.0.1
Add-ons:
* master password timeout
* noscript
* nosquint
Morac

Post by Morac »

Tom_terrific,

Likely there's a "bad" session which is causing an error preventing the window from displaying. Try installing my development version and see if that fixes it.
tom_terrific

Post by tom_terrific »

I'll try the dev version when I get back to my Mac Book.

The dev link in your sig seems to be broken but I'll look around more later and see if I can find the dev version.

Additional info - I did look in my session folder, and I do have sessions. But none of them show up - even after I re-size the window.

So, the sessions not showing up in the list & the zero size widow would make you explanation of a error in a saved session messing up the display seem very reasonable.

I'll try - in order:
* turn on logging and see if there is an error that gives any additional info to help
* clear session folder of all saved sessions
* try dev version
* do a complete uninstall, clean up data, re-install
Morac

Post by Morac »

Nice, I see Mozdev's implosion is nearly complete. ](*,)

You can grab the development version at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/
Just scroll down the page till you see "Developer Channel" and click the arrows next to that and install the version there.

This link should work until I upload a new development version:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... devchannel
tom_terrific

Post by tom_terrific »

So - I deleted all the sessions saved in the folder and it fixed the problem. Must have been a corrupt session.

tom_terrific wrote:I'll try the dev version when I get back to my Mac Book.

The dev link in your sig seems to be broken but I'll look around more later and see if I can find the dev version.

Additional info - I did look in my session folder, and I do have sessions. But none of them show up - even after I re-size the window.

So, the sessions not showing up in the list & the zero size widow would make you explanation of a error in a saved session messing up the display seem very reasonable.

I'll try - in order:
* turn on logging and see if there is an error that gives any additional info to help
* clear session folder of all saved sessions
* try dev version
* do a complete uninstall, clean up data, re-install