[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bryskens

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.12 - March 17, 2016

Post by Bryskens »

dariotto wrote:Thank you Bryskens.... I've the same value of 10 (old crashed sessions to be saved) as shown into your printscreen.
Thank you i say, why are you saying thanks for lol

I now got the guts to remove everything excluded the 10 last crashes in my little folder also
KitchM

Post by KitchM »

Can the history associated with a particular tab be saved indefinitely with that tab? Is the number of back and/or forward levels limited?
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

I was spending this evening time to clean up my..to many tabs in my session, when i was finish..a script hanged Firefox :)
and i was forced as often before...to kill Firefox process, then browsers own restore function offered me to restore the previous session,
and guess what..i re-checked my tabs and it wasn't the previous session that got restored ;)
it appears that Session Manger have not succeeded to export the crash file to "deleted sessions"?.

Blue marks the currrent active session right?
http://www.imagebam.com/image/7e799f507500075

If checking the dates my latest crash was possible from 29 sept
http://www.imagebam.com/image/1e87a7507498755
And my settings again http://www.imagebam.com/image/7e9fcf506945703

what is unsynked?
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

Bryskens wrote:I was spending this evening time to clean up my..to many tabs in my session, when i was finish..a script hanged Firefox :)
and i was forced as often before...to kill Firefox process, then browsers own restore function offered me to restore the previous session,
and guess what..i re-checked my tabs and it wasn't the previous session that got restored ;)
it appears that Session Manger have not succeeded to export the crash file to "deleted sessions"?.

Blue marks the currrent active session right?
http://www.imagebam.com/image/7e799f507500075

If checking the dates my latest crash was possible from 29 sept
http://www.imagebam.com/image/1e87a7507498755
And my settings again http://www.imagebam.com/image/7e9fcf506945703

what is unsynked?
Okay, i realized myself i should test remove Firefox own crash restore function in behalf of SM own.
Now i wonder why does it blue mark this session as being my latest?...after the crash when its infact a wery old one.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/341a7e507817788
My latest active session was rather my auto-save slot, but that wasn't suggested in blue, so it wast just luck i could remember
this time it was my latest and then manually open it.

Why?
Last edited by Bryskens on October 4th, 2016, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Bryskens,

What is Session Mgr's "Options>General>Display>Session List" set to? If it is not set to "Newest to Oldest", it is possible that you will not see the most recently saved session at the top of the session list.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

WildcatRay wrote:@Bryskens,

What is Session Mgr's "Options>General>Display>Session List" set to? If it is not set to "Newest to Oldest", it is possible that you will not see the most recently saved session at the top of the session list.
Thanks, it was set to alphabetic, now it will be exiting to see if the latest..also turns blue

btw what happen if i sett
"Maximum number of sessions to display in menu" from -1 to -10! instead?.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Bryskens wrote: Thanks, it was set to alphabetic, now it will be exiting to see if the latest..also turns blue

btw what happen if i sett
I do not know. Hopefully, Morac will see your question and answer it.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Bryskens wrote:[...]btw what happen if i sett
You can't set less than "-1" value, at least in Session manager options,
so nothing will happen, but if you will change it in about:config, it will be invalid and default ("-1") will be used.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Bryskens

Post by Bryskens »

Okay thanks Virtual
WildcatRay wrote:@Bryskens,

I wasn't done yet :) now i have learned that the latest crashed session shall come "Second Newest to Oldest" list and not be blue marked ;)
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c7d3ba508018463
i guess i could learn to adapt to that rule
j-chan

Post by j-chan »

How to load a backup session that no longer appears in the "Load Session" list?
I still have the backup session file in the following path %APPDATA%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>\sessions\.
Is there any way I can restore it?
Morac

Post by Morac »

j-chan wrote:How to load a backup session that no longer appears in the "Load Session" list?
I still have the backup session file in the following path %APPDATA%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>\sessions\.
Is there any way I can restore it?
If the first 3 lines are corrupt, the file won't show up. Does the file look correct?
KitchM

Post by KitchM »

Morac, can the history associated with a particular tab be saved indefinitely with that tab? Is the number of back and/or forward levels limited?

I cannot find any information anywhere about this. Do you know?
j-chan

Post by j-chan »

Morac wrote: If the first 3 lines are corrupt, the file won't show up. Does the file look correct?
I'm a little lost here. Would you mind explaining what do you mean by "first 3 lines"?
The file looks correct and it's not in the Corrupt Sessions folder.
The problem is that the file is quite old; hence, the file no longer appears in the "Load Session" list. I understand that Session Manager only allows to reopen the 10 last closed windows and tabs.
But is there any way to open/restore it?
session_necromancy

Post by session_necromancy »

The short of it: I don't want my closed windows to be automatically forgotten, at least not in only 25 days. Could that be an option in sessionsaver?
Background:
Some bright developers at mozilla decided that it would be a good idea to purge the closed windows list when some time has passed since the window was closed. Fair enough, but some people might want do determine for them self what that time limit would be, right? So they made an about:config entry for that, "browser.sessionstore.cleanup.forget_closed_after". What that means is "how many milliseconds should a closed window be remembered?" And this is where I stop agreeing with their choices, milliseconds is not a reasonable choice for this variable, firstly because no one is likely to want that granularity (seconds, hours or even days would be more reasonable) and secondly because the internal implementation of these entries maxes out the size of integers at 2147483647, corresponding to a tad shy of 25 days worth of milliseconds. So we can't set the time-to-live longer than that, if we try we get a not-a-number error message. As far as I know there is no way of disabling this pruning altogether. Since we use the session saver add-on, we have the option of setting the maximum number of closed windows to remember, so there is no need for the pruning. Could we get an option to disable it please? Or, if I'm missing something, please set me straight :)
KitchM

Post by KitchM »

session_necromancy, our questions seem somewhat similar; we both want to know about time limitations. I wish there was some way to know these things for sure.