[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Keoni69

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.7 - Sep 18, 2011

Post by Keoni69 »

Morac wrote:
That's caused by a corrupted session file. I've recently discovered that sometimes the 3rd and 4th lines of the session file combine (which is bad) and the result is that error which prevents sessions from displaying. I have a fix to prevent bad sessions from causing the error, but not to fix the session. I haven't been able to figure out how the session files are getting corrupted like this in the first place as it seems to be a very rare occurrence (only one of my over 150 sessions ended up like that).

The way you can fix this is to delete (or edit) the bad session file. The hard part is finding that session. All session files should have 4 lines in them. If a session file has 3 lines, it is bad and will cause the error.

Thank you for your quick reply,

Would it be better if I just delete the entire session folder?, I already uninstalled and installed the add on and nothing happens, and still wont show up any of the sessions, thank you a lot.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Keoni69 wrote:Thank you for your quick reply,

Would it be better if I just delete the entire session folder?, I already uninstalled and installed the add on and nothing happens, and still wont show up any of the sessions, thank you a lot.

You can delete the session folder if you want to. That will work. Obviously you'll lose all your sessions though.
Keoni69

Post by Keoni69 »

Thank you Morac, It's working now, Also just one more question,

There is an option where you can automatically backup the session after such time, but it creates tons of sessions specially if you have it to create one every 1 minute, Is there a way that the backup uses the same name, so every time the automatic backup just replaces the previous one so it wont create tons of sessions?

Thanks,

EDIT:

I just figured it out by giving the session a name, haha thanks a lot for your help
noscera

Post by noscera »

WildcatRay wrote:
Morac wrote:I installed Biscuit 2.1.4 and tested it in the Firefox 7.0.1 along with Session Manager and didn't see any problems with opening the Session Manager window. Looking at what Biscuit does I don't see why it would interfere and it did not for me.

Interesting... On two separate machines, one running Vista and the other running XP, I can duplicate the same behavior with Session Manager 7.7 in FX 7.0.1. I'm writing this on my Vista machine and I had the same issue occur as soon as I updated 7.0 to 7.0.1. When I disabled Biscuit, Session Manager worked as expected. So there's a conflict between Biscuit and another extension that's affecting Session Manager. What a pain in the arse! :evil: Well, I guess I'll get to the business of testing to determine who the culprit is. Appreciate the help.
Lukedr

Post by Lukedr »

Morac wrote:
The log file you posted doesn't really have any info it it since it doesn't look like you did anything. Try saving a session while logging.

Hi Morac,

I can't save any sessions. It's not even producing any new logs. It appears that nothing at all in SM is functional since I upgraded to FF7.0

I've tried disabling all other add-ons, re-installing SM. Re-installing FF.

Luke
Morac

Post by Morac »

Lukedr wrote:
Hi Morac,

I can't save any sessions. It's not even producing any new logs. It appears that nothing at all in SM is functional since I upgraded to FF7.0

I've tried disabling all other add-ons, re-installing SM. Re-installing FF.

Luke

Try a new profile.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Man ... -a-profile
onemen

Post by onemen »

Hi Morac
i'v just upload new Tabmix dev-build
with fix to some issues that can interest you

Regarding Panorama problem look at Bug 688695
i'v posted proposal for a path that will fix most of the problems that Session manager and Tabmix have with Panorama. this patch was included in the last dev-build
Morac

Post by Morac »

Just a FYI, I pushed out a new development version. Mozdev's automatic updating is still FUBARed so unless you uploaded manually recently (running 0.7.8.20111002), you'll need to grab it manually.

I did add some work arounds for Panorama, but not as extensive as TabMix since I don't like hooking into the browser code (which is what TMP does). Having multiple add-on hook into the same code will cause problems, which is another reason I don't like hooking.

Edit: FYI, I'm seeing some odd errors in the new TMP. I think there's a few more glitches in the TabView code. That code is very temperamental.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Morac wrote:Edit: FYI, I'm seeing some odd errors in the new TMP. I think there's a few more glitches in the TabView code. That code is very temperamental.

Would that be limited to the session restore portion of TMP?

Also, thanks for the updated dev version..
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Morac

Post by Morac »

WildcatRay wrote:
Morac wrote:Edit: FYI, I'm seeing some odd errors in the new TMP. I think there's a few more glitches in the TabView code. That code is very temperamental.

Would that be limited to the session restore portion of TMP?

It is, but the TMP links into code that gets called normally by Firefox both periodically and when reopening closed windows.

After oneman posted, I looked into the Firefox Panorama code and to say it's a major hack is an understatement. It looks like it was never really designed to play nice with the SessionStore API. The GUI part of Panorama and backed are completely separate and require a lot of what appear to be work arounds to keep them in sync. If they get out of sync though, you're basically done as grouping in that window is toast.

The workaround I put in my code is to force Firefox to relink the session group info with the tab element itself. I've still found cases where things go wrong when there's no reason that I can tell for them to do so. Mainly it was when flipping back and forth between two multi-window sessions, changing the grouping in between. I'm looking into that since it mainly seems to be an issue with Firefox 7 so it's possible it's a FF bug that was fixed in later versions.
br00dy

Post by br00dy »

Just updated to Session Manager 0.7.8pre 20111012
now get the following error when trying to delete previous sessions.

This operation failed due to a file access error:
Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.createStatement]

backup-12.session

JS frame :: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 938

Win7 x64 Nightly 10.0a1 (2011-10-13)
SnoutSpout

Post by SnoutSpout »

I can confirm that. After I got the error, I restarted Firefox and I got another auto-backup session in my folder. Each time I restarted, I got a new backup session created, even if I didn't do anything in a blank session when I quit. I resorted to manually deleting the sessions and it seemed to break the chain.

EDIT:The delete bug occurs for both autosave and manual save sessions.

As long as there's a current autosave session since this latest version was installed Firefox will create an autosave session each and every time I exit even if the session state is "blank" when I close the browser. Let me know if you require the log file, but the only error message I could find inside that looked like one was for the 0x80004005 component failure br00dy reported above.
Morac

Post by Morac »

I found and fixed the problem with the error. It happened if the SQL cache was disabled and the file didn't exist. I pushed out a new dev build (0.7.8pre20111014) with the fix.
SnoutSpout

Post by SnoutSpout »

Hi Morac, bug still present in 3.6.23 but gone in latest Nightly.
br00dy

Post by br00dy »

Hi Morac

Still get error when trying to delete any session with latest update. 0.7.8pre 20111014

This operation failed due to a file access error:
Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.createStatement]

backup.session

JS frame :: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 942

Win7 x64 Nightly 10.0a1 (2011-10-14)

cheers