[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
CinderellaPumpkin12

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by CinderellaPumpkin12 »

I was having issues with my computer, so I closed my Firefox browser. However when I clicked to reopen it, it installed the new version of Firefox. I was shocked to see that Session Manager is gone!! :cry: I didn't even know a new version of Firefox had come out and that it doesn't support Session Manager. If I'd known, I would've disabled automatic updates for Firefox. :cry:

Is there any way I can reopen my saved sessions? I found the folder that they are in. (Thanks, radar52!!) I don't understand how to open them, though. :(

From what I've read, I can't revert to FF56. If I download it, will it be a separate program from FF57...or will FF57 disappear and be replaced with FF56?

I also have Chrome (which I really don't like...) I have Session Buddy on it. Is there any way to import my sessions into that?

Even if I have to open the sessions and bookmark them as separate folders under my Firefox bookmarks, I'll do it just to have the sessions I saved. PLEASE HELP! Thanks! ](*,)

Update: Someone mentioned Waterfox on here, so I decided to look it up. I was able to get all of my sessions on there! :D What I did: I downloaded it, had it import my bookmarks and stuff from Firefox, and opened the browser after I installed it. Under Add-ons, it had Session Manager there but it was disabled (and I couldn't enable it.) Sooo, I searched for Session Manager under "Search for more Add-Ons" and installed it on the browser. Once I did that, Session Manager appeared on the Waterfox browser and all of my sessions were there!! It looked just like everything did, before my Firefox updated!!! :mrgreen: I highly suggest doing this, if you want to be able to get to your sessions the same way as before...AND still be able to use Session Buddy. :lol: :D

Another Update: Waterfox just auto-fixed/enabled my other Add-ons that had been disabled by FF57...so you maybe, don't need to actually do what I did in my previous update. :lol: Maybe, just give it a few minutes and it will automatically put everything right. :)
Last edited by CinderellaPumpkin12 on November 14th, 2017, 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
patanax

Post by patanax »

Session Manager add-on had vanished without knowledge after the version upgraded of firefox quantum(57). Can you let me know when will the new version of session manager release? I have to admit that Session Manager do help me a lot for messy work i did so far.

Anyway i forgot to copy the error log out of browser console, but i noticed the error say there's deprecated things exist there.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Please update Session Manager for Firefox v57+ ! It's the only convenient guaranteed secure way to store tabs and loads them swiftfully !
Master of Dice

Post by Master of Dice »

KiraBoKira wrote: You can import a session using the extension "MySessions" https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/a ... -sessions/
When there are APIs missing so that SM cannot work,
what does this addon differently from Session Manager?
fracama87

Post by fracama87 »

I've read most of things last part But I miss a thing maybe.

I'm on FF57 anyway since is so much faster hoping in the API for session manager, I'm also trying tab session manager, and I've tried tp open a saved session (of many thousand tabs) and he reopen it once tab at time.

Also this is due to some API missing?
GreenAlien123

Post by GreenAlien123 »

Probably, i tried the "MySessions" addon mentioned above, and it's the same thing. it opens and loads one tab after the other. It's really inferior behaviour compared to Session Manager, as it takes forever if you have a lot of tabs.
menuhin

Post by menuhin »

Hi Mozilla (Firefox) users,

I just upgraded to 57.0 yesterday - it is a bit faster on my 6+ years old laptop.

However, the Session Manager was gone without notice and then I was not able to locate any of the files for saved and backup sessions.
(There is nothing in AppData/Roaming related to Mozilla any longer)

Some of the saved session files are very important to me, basically I use them as my bookmarks (e.g. for work and for switching to different modes of work and internet use).

Does upgrading to 57.0 also automatically destroy all the session files of Session Manager?
Is there a work around to that?

I hope some members who are informed will be able to give me some help.

P.s. I am using Windows 10 64-bit edition.
menuhin

Post by menuhin »

I have a quick question:
Does updating to FF57 automatically delete all the Session Manager data (files for saved sessions and previous sessions)?

Because there is no AppData/...Mozilla/sessions folder any more.
Please I need help to retrieve these files.
graav

Post by graav »

menuhin wrote:I have a quick question:
Does updating to FF57 automatically delete all the Session Manager data (files for saved sessions and previous sessions)?

Because there is no AppData/...Mozilla/sessions folder any more.
Please I need help to retrieve these files.
Just go back to FF56 and session manager folder should come back. Same thing happened to me and when I reverted back, so did all my Session Manager data.
Trox

Post by Trox »

Hello menuhin, I just checked after getting FF57 updated, and my Session Manager data is still there (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[someToken].default\sessions).
warpfactor999

Post by warpfactor999 »

Please update SM quickly to work with the horrible new Firefox version. Please!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< I desperately need access to my saved sessions.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Session Mgr. won’t be updated until the necessary APIs are implemented in Firefox.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
alexphoenix

Post by alexphoenix »

warpfactor999 wrote:Please update SM quickly to work with the horrible new Firefox version. Please!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< I desperately need access to my saved sessions.
Just uninstall FF57 and install FF ESR - you can get it HERE: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/5 ... easenotes/ - this will restore your Session Manager and will last until next spring by which time, hopefully, Mozilla will have sorted out the problems that prevent session manager from working in FF57.
pw_mozillazine

Post by pw_mozillazine »

Just uninstall FF57 and install FF ESR

@alexphoenix ,
What does FF ESR stand for??
radar52

Post by radar52 »

I'm currently using FF v53.0b6. Should I go back to FF ESR v52.x?