[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tsfgm

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by tsfgm »

I am not quite sure whether this is the right place for a feature request:

Is it possible to save a Session containing one or more Windows or Tabs from different Windows from the Crash Recovery Sessionmanager Window. ?

Background: Sometimes, after a crash it is necessary to NOT open all Tabs / Windows from the former Session. But when the Tabs should be kept, it would be useful to save them from the Recovery Window by selecting a window (Tab) or several. Then deactivate them from reopening and look for them later.

Or is there already an option to do this, I haven't found yet?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

Edit: I disabled the Work Offline extension from http://multi.nadenade.com/leafy/Mozilla/Offline/ extension. Session Manager seems to be working properly now.

Session Manager doesn't restore both windows of my auto-saved session after the update to Fx 52.0. The second window is blank and a popup is displayed with
This operation failed due to a file access error:
window.tabs is undefined(TypeError)

autosave.session
followed by what looks like a back trace of the call stack. After rolling back to Fx 51.0.1 the session restores correctly.

The session was created during Fx 51.0.1. "Show my windows and tabs from last time" has been selected for startup.
When Fx 52.0 was started, a popup said that my previous session had crashed. I've been getting that error popup for years everytime Fx is updated. As usual, I selected my named autosaved session to be restored. But this time only one window is properly restored, as I've described above.

I'm working around this issue by sticking with Fx 51.0.1, starting with the profile backup I routinely do before each Firefox update.

The full error message is
This operation failed due to a file access error:
window.tabs is undefined(TypeError)

autosave.session

SessionCookiesInternal.getHostsForWindow@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionCookies.jsm:105:1
SessionCookiesInternal.update@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionCookies.jsm:65:19
this.SessionCookies<.update@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/SessionCookies.jsm:28:5
SessionStoreInternal.getCurrentState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2879:5
ssi_getBrowserState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2074:17
ss_getBrowserState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:223:12
Private.getSessionState@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:61:81
this.SessionDataProcessing.getSessionState@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:32:10
Private.autoSaveCurrentSession@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:1207:17
Private.load@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:458:53
this.SessionIo.load@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:60:10
Private.session_load@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:1183:3
this.gSessionManager.session_load@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:102:10
SessionManagerEventHandlers.session_load@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/Alan%20Baxter/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/5egv0ibw.newdef/extensions/%7B1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30%7D.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> jar:file:///C:/Users/Alan%20Baxter/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/5egv0ibw.newdef/extensions/%7B1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30%7D.xpi!/packages/browserWindowOverlay.js:281:10
Hope this helps.
reikred

Post by reikred »

I get an error pop-up window from SessionManager 0.8.1.13 that a session file is corrupted, but the error message does NOT show the name of the file. Can you please add the full /path/to/file to such error messages?

Actually, it would be great if also the main SM loading interface windows showed the underlying names of the files that are presented, in a separate (maybe optional) column, rather than just the internal name=something field from inside the file.
Same goes for file date, as opposed to the internally saved date in name= or in timestamp=.

Thx.
RR

Details:

------------------------------------------------------------

The session/window data is corrupted:
JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 131135 of the JSON data(SyntaxError)

this.Utils.JSON_decode@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:723:20
this.Utils.getCount@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:609:49
Private.processReadSessionFile@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:1593:80
Private.readSessionFile@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:1724:12
Private.getSessions@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:1453:30
this.SessionIo.getSessions@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:167:10
Private.init@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:420:18
this.gSessionManager.init@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:37:10
SessionManagerEventHandlers.init@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm
->
jar:file:///home/USER/.mozilla/firefox/SALT.default/extensions/%7B1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30%7D.xpi!/bootstrap.js
->
jar:file:///home/USER/.mozilla/firefox/SALT.default/extensions/%7B1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30%7D.xpi!/packages/browserWindowOverlay.js:229:10

------------------------------------------------------------
reikred

Post by reikred »

Morac,
"There was an error decrypting your session/window data. Most likely the session/window data is corrupted".

The session file in question was NOT encrypted. The json portion of the file had been pretty-printed, some fields had been removed, and in the header I had changed the name=[ blah ] line. The json portion of the file passed a jsonlint syntax checker.

Question: What exactly causes SM to think that a file is or is not "encrypted"? Is there an embedded comment, a magic cookie or anything like that which the pretty-printer may have discarded? Does SM require that the json portion of a session file is "packed" or "Dumped" or "serialized", as opposed to "pretty-printed"?
Morac

Post by Morac »

reikred wrote:Morac,
"There was an error decrypting your session/window data. Most likely the session/window data is corrupted".

The session file in question was NOT encrypted. The json portion of the file had been pretty-printed, some fields had been removed, and in the header I had changed the name=[ blah ] line. The json portion of the file passed a jsonlint syntax checker.

Question: What exactly causes SM to think that a file is or is not "encrypted"? Is there an embedded comment, a magic cookie or anything like that which the pretty-printer may have discarded? Does SM require that the json portion of a session file is "packed" or "Dumped" or "serialized", as opposed to "pretty-printed"?
Is the setting to encrypt sessions enabled? A file is considered encrypted if the file does not contain any colons (:) since json always contains colons.
Drizzy

Post by Drizzy »

I did a "Firefox Refresh" and lost all my Session Manager settings (they said I wouldn't lose my bookmarks). Are they backed up somewhere? Or am I out of luck?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Drizzy,

Look for the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the Desktop. Copy the "sessions" folder from that folder to your profile folder. To be safe, do not do this with the browser running.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Drizzy

Post by Drizzy »

Thanks! Will check it out.
gutterboy

Post by gutterboy »

Is it possible to load a session via a chosen file via "Browse..." - I have a session that exists as a file, but it doesn't seem to show up in the "Load" menu though?

Thanks!
computingatchg.me.uk

Post by computingatchg.me.uk »

A lot of tabs after session save when we recover the session become "New Tab" and not the URI it was at save
neobro

Post by neobro »

Hello
I've found a serious issue with SessionManager 0.8.1.13 on FF 52.0.2 !!
just reporting here for easy reference & lookout...

[1]
the icon beside search bar doesn't show, but I've to disable & enable thru 'addons' to get a work around, which can be quite annoying at times, can you kindly fix that ??
[2]
the 'sessions' folder under 'Profile', taking up too much space (in mycase it's above 5.6gb), which should not be anyhow....
so how to stop those or fix those for life ??
eagerly waiting for a good reply.
Morac

Post by Morac »

For 2, you can go to Deleted Sessions menu and click "Remove all deleted sessions" to free up space.
Lixt

Post by Lixt »

Hi.
I get the 'The session/window data is corrupted' error.
I see the error is at line 1 column 1512. Can I fix the error or just extract URLs or tittles from the session file? It has about 150 tabs.

gutterboy

Post by gutterboy »

gutterboy wrote:Is it possible to load a session via a chosen file via "Browse..." - I have a session that exists as a file, but it doesn't seem to show up in the "Load" menu though?

Thanks!
Still awaiting an answer...... please help.

Thanks!
Morac

Post by Morac »

gutterboy wrote:
gutterboy wrote:Is it possible to load a session via a chosen file via "Browse..." - I have a session that exists as a file, but it doesn't seem to show up in the "Load" menu though?

Thanks!
Still awaiting an answer...... please help.

Thanks!
If it doesn't show up under the load menu and it's in the session folder then it's not a valid session file. Though to answer your question, if you associate .session files with Firefox, then double clicking them will open them.