[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
DN123ABC

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by DN123ABC »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ DN123ABC - Yes, the latest versions are 0.8.1.13 (stable) and 0.8.1.13pre20170130b (test), both are identical. Just look here- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/.
Is Morac no longer here? Or are you Morac?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

In case someone is wondering why their Nightly crashes when trying to restore session: that's due to bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1367742, not Session Manager!
Sorry for my poor English.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

DN123ABC wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ DN123ABC - Yes, the latest versions are 0.8.1.13 (stable) and 0.8.1.13pre20170130b (test), both are identical. Just look here- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/session-manager/.
Is Morac no longer here?
Morac is here,
but he is probably busy with real life
and also he is probably not much motivated to fix anything again and again,
due to Mozilla removing support for XUL & XBL & XPCOM extensions.
DN123ABC wrote:Or are you Morac?
No, I'm not Morac...
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:
Is Morac no longer here?
Morac is here,
but he is probably busy with real life
and also he is probably not much motivated to fix anything again and again,
due to Mozilla removing support for XUL & XBL & XPCOM extensions.
DN123ABC wrote:Or are you Morac?
No, I'm not Morac...

So, this begs the question. Is anyone still maintaining this extension going forward? Otherwise, I will also give up on it going forward. Can't spend my valuable time trying to force-fit something to work. Morac isn't the only one with a "real life".
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ DN123ABC - Session Manager working fine and properly with latest stable version of Firefox, and even with latest pre-alpha Nightly. I see no need and reason to maintenance and artificial version bumping, at least for now, and probably also up to Firefox 56.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
avada

Post by avada »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ DN123ABC - Session Manager working fine and properly with latest stable version of Firefox, and even with latest pre-alpha Nightly. I see no need and reason to maintenance and artificial version bumping, at least for now, and probably also up to Firefox 56.
Except for it's inability to restore crashed sessions at startup (e10s=on), which is broken for a year at least.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

DN123ABC wrote:So, this begs the question. Is anyone still maintaining this extension going forward? Otherwise, I will also give up on it going forward. Can't spend my valuable time trying to force-fit something to work. Morac isn't the only one with a "real life".
I'm sure you're trying to make a point here, but I'm damned if I know what it is.

If you don't want to use an extension, then don't and no one will care either way.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ avada - WFM with even e10s enabled,
look if it's really Session Manager issue, not Firefox one,
but if you got crash in startup, try to lowering minimum time interval to 1 second (default are 15 seconds), either in Session Manager options or by going to about:config and changing manually browser.sessionstore.interval to 1000
Virtualfox persona
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ avada - WFM with even e10s enabled,
but if you got crash in startup, try to lowering minimum time interval to 1 second (default are 15 seconds), either in Session Manager options or by going to about:config and changing manually browser.sessionstore.interval to 1000
WFM too. However, I am not sure I understand what avada is talking about. If he wants Session Manager to restore crashed session automatically on startup without any input from the user then browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash true is responsible for that.
avada

Post by avada »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ avada - WFM with even e10s enabled,
I don't get a crash, only nothing's restored. It works without SM.
How would the interval of saving the session affect the bug on session restore?

Last time I checked, I saw this error:

Code: Select all

NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]  SessionManagerHelper.js:139
    this[module] is undefined  nsBrowserGlue.js:174
       observe resource://app/components/nsBrowserGlue.js:174:9
       initializeWindow resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:1163:9
       onBeforeBrowserWindowShown/< resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:1308:9
       process resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:922:23
       walkerLoop resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:806:7
       bound walkerLoop self-hosted:944:17
       bound bound walkerLoop self-hosted:944:17
    expression closures are deprecated[További tudnivalók]  index.js:26:63
    expression closures are deprecated[További tudnivalók]  index.js:67:59
    Use of nsIFile in content process is deprecated.  loader.js:247:15
GHM113 wrote:WFM too. However, I am not sure I understand what avada is talking about. If he wants Session Manager to restore crashed session automatically on startup without any input from the user then browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash true is responsible for that.
I always restore manually. SM fails to restore tabs when I try manually, but it doesn't even work if I have auto restore enabled while having SM.
JOJ0

Post by JOJ0 »

Well since you've brought the topic. Any issues for nightly users after lazy tab implementation?
I've got to close reopen the other tabs in order to see content, besides the one that is active after session restore. It's happening from time to time.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Frank Lion wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:So, this begs the question. Is anyone still maintaining this extension going forward? Otherwise, I will also give up on it going forward. Can't spend my valuable time trying to force-fit something to work. Morac isn't the only one with a "real life".
I'm sure you're trying to make a point here, but I'm damned if I know what it is.

If you don't want to use an extension, then don't and no one will care either way.
The point is that Session Saver used to work pretty well until maybe a month or so ago. Now, it seems to give errors, and won't stay current. Also, this is amplified by the fact that the Beta versions of Firefox are less stable and crash more often, so it ends up being a data loss issue. Is that enough of a point for you?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

"Replace session" seems to be broken in Nightly 22-06-17, Win8.1. STR:

Create new Nightly profile, launch it, there will be 3 tabs open
Open about:addons, install Session Manager
Close about:addons tab, close Nightly
Launch Nightly, left click on SM icon - Load - select previous session with 4 tabs
Make sure Replace session is selected
Load

ER: Window with 4 tabs replaces the current window
AR: Window with 4 tabs is opened next to the current window

There is an error related to session manager in the browser console about depricated syntax. However, it appears before the session is loaded:
http://i.imgur.com/hVuq0Nt.png

Thank you very much!
seranto

Post by seranto »

why?
thanks
manuel_songokuh

Post by manuel_songokuh »

hi

i use sessionmanager is amazing!! but i have serious problem!!
file session is 16mb there are many links (tabs+group), but i did load my file and added list restore but there are urls many (visible) in dialog SESSION MANAGER LIST (BOTTOM) after retore there are tabs but are blank.....why?

how fix my file..? convert from session to txt or RDF (tab mix plus)?

update:
my file will does can repair or other resolve..?
i will can send you but where i will send? private message?