[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
siennak

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by siennak »

I was trying to load a session with Session Manager, but it turned out to be on the "Delete" mode.

The session is still listed under "Deleted Sessions". Is there a way to get the session back?
Morac

Post by Morac »

Simply click on it in the deleted session folder.
siennak

Post by siennak »

Morac wrote:Simply click on it in the deleted session folder.

Are you talking about from the desktop finder folder? If so, what would it be called?
avada

Post by avada »

siennak wrote:

Are you talking about from the desktop finder folder? If so, what would it be called?
I think he means the session manager submenu.
siennak

Post by siennak »

avada wrote:
siennak wrote:

I think he means the session manager submenu.

I tried this with another session and it just got rid of the session from the deleted sessions list.
Morac

Post by Morac »

siennak wrote: I tried this with another session and it just got rid of the session from the deleted sessions list.
It moves it back to the main session list. If you don't want to do this you can also copy the file from the deleted session folder to the main session folder.
siennak

Post by siennak »

Morac wrote:
siennak wrote: I tried this with another session and it just got rid of the session from the deleted sessions list.
It moves it back to the main session list. If you don't want to do this you can also copy the file from the deleted session folder to the main session folder.

Thank you so much! That worked!
sbutk

Session Manager - Where are sessions stored?

Post by sbutk »

Can anybody tell me where Stored Sessions are saved on my Windows 7 computer?

I had some really unfortunate luck today when a sudden power failure seemingly wiped out my Firefox browser. It was raining at the time, although there was certainly no storm in the area, so I have no idea how things got messed up. I booted back up after the outage ended [had turned my computer & power strip OFF as soon as the failure occurred, so that no spike would harm me whenever it did come back on] …and when I opened Firefox, EVERYTHING was gone: My Bookmarks, my browsing History, my Add-ons… Then I had the keen idea to reboot, and that seemed to restore the bookmarks and history [whew]. The Add-ons remained missing, though, including Session Manager, which I’d made sure to begin using after I’d had other similar problems [with lost tabs] years ago.

…So I’m REALLY confounded that the power issue seems to have wiped out all of my Saved Sessions, including the most recently crashed version of my Firefox browser [as is typical for me, with my HUNDREDS of open tabs – many of them safely bookmarked, but the most recent not].

Can anybody offer help? Thanks.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

C:\Users\"Your_Windows_login_ID"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"Your_Profile"\sessions

I'm not sure, but, in your Windows Folder Option, you may have to unhide hidden folders and files to see what you need to to get to your profile and saved session.

Remember: back up, back up, back up.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
sbutk

Post by sbutk »

WildcatRay wrote:C:\Users\"Your_Windows_login_ID"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"Your_Profile"\sessions

I'm not sure, but, in your Windows Folder Option, you may have to unhide hidden folders and files to see what you need to to get to your profile and saved session.

That's exactly where I'd suspected on my own, but I was hoping I was wrong, as that folder is completely empty. Even with hidden files shown.
Really baffling to me that a power spike could erase the contents of one particular folder on my hard drive, yet leave everything else completely functional.
Still hoping I'm overlooking something!
avada

Post by avada »

sbutk wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:C:\Users\"Your_Windows_login_ID"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"Your_Profile"\sessions

That's exactly where I'd suspected on my own, but I was hoping I was wrong, as that folder is completely empty. Even with hidden files shown.
Really baffling to me that a power spike could erase the contents of one particular folder on my hard drive, yet leave everything else completely functional.
Still hoping I'm overlooking something!
The solution to stuff like these is chkdsk.
Elhem Enohpi

Post by Elhem Enohpi »

I have a small annoyance with window sessions. I have "replace existing windows" unchecked, so I can simply open and close different window sessions independently. When I open one of them, I'd like it to open in front of the existing windows. It starts to, but then one of the rear windows always jumps to the front. I have to go to the Window menu to find the window session I just opened. I tried with a new profile and no other addons; the first time it worked ok, but after restarting, it goes back to that behaviour. Any way to fix that?

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
sbutk

Post by sbutk »

As was suggested, Chkdsk was run, and Drive C is apparently problem-free.
And I checked again the path that you provided: Nothing there from the date of the crash, 7/14/17.

...Thus I think I’m resigned to conclude that those saved sessions with Session Restore are gone for good. :(
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Elhem Enohpi wrote:I have a small annoyance with window sessions. I have "replace existing windows" unchecked, so I can simply open and close different window sessions independently. When I open one of them, I'd like it to open in front of the existing windows. It starts to, but then one of the rear windows always jumps to the front. I have to go to the Window menu to find the window session I just opened. I tried with a new profile and no other addons; the first time it worked ok, but after restarting, it goes back to that behaviour. Any way to fix that?

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
As far as I know, that's Firefox bug and devs are planning to fix it. I'll post bug number if I find it.
Sorry for my poor English.
avada

Post by avada »

sbutk wrote:

As was suggested, Chkdsk was run, and Drive C is apparently problem-free.
And I checked again the path that you provided: Nothing there from the date of the crash, 7/14/17.

...Thus I think I’m resigned to conclude that those saved sessions with Session Restore are gone for good. :(
Did you use the /r or /b features?

Did you check whether some files were recovered? I forgot which folder has recovered files sometimes.
One of these two I think:
c:\Recovery\
c:\System Volume Information\