[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Savvylion

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by Savvylion »

Savvylion wrote:Ah...no it is not there.
For the problem of Session Manager not loading into Mozilla 55. I uninstalled Mozilla. Reinstalled and refreshed. Then copied old files to Session Folder under newly installed Firefox. It worked. This problem appeared after a MS update and a Mozilla update....so I do not know which one blew away the settings. But thankfully I've got my sessions back. This is one of the most useful tools for Firefox so I do hope the it will work in 57. This product is so useful, I am willing to pay a subscription for it.
Savvylion

Post by Savvylion »

Also...as an afterthought. One improvement would be to put the name of the recording session somewhere on the browser...not sure where. But if I have two saved sessions open it would be helpful to have each labeled. Thanks.
djsolidsnake86

Post by djsolidsnake86 »

when will be fixed in firefox 56 beta?
ProductRocks

Post by ProductRocks »

FireFox just updated to version 55.0.2
and Session Manager does not load my
session.

I can locate the session and when I select load
the screen blinks a couple of times and the
session goes away...

I am really hoping you can tell me how to fix
this issue...

thanks
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Is this great add-on also going the way of the dinosaurs?
It would be very hard to live without this add-on.
siennak

Post by siennak »

Could you possibly implement the ability to duplicate already saved sessions?

Also the ability to save and group sessions that weren't specifically saved initially? Ex: Like the previous session that was open before closing the browser. The Session Manager saves it automatically, but I didn't specifically save it while the session was still open, so I am unable to group previous sessions. Did that make sense at all?
I figured out a work around.

But could it be possible when grouping sessions, they are grouped into one combined grouped session, tabs and windows, rather than the individual sessions just labeled what group they are?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

The third party build discussion was split to here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3033058
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

I guess 2 done is progress, but of the remaining there is 1 P3 and 3 P5 ... I think it will be a while before those P5s are addressed if ever.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Maybe someone could put together an addon that does a subset of what the original did. As far as I'm concerned, it was overkill anyhow. Just something with a tiny bit more control than the built-in session saving would be great.
Horinius

Post by Horinius »

Wish: It would be nice if Session Manager could also keep FF windows order.

Let me explain. Suppose we have two FF windows with two tabs in each one. Let's say

(tab 1a | tab 1b) || (tab 2a | tab 2b)

Currently, when we restart FF, we might have the windows and tab in this order, or we might have them in
(tab 2a | tab 2b) || (tab 1a | tab 1b)

For two windows, that's no big deal. But if you have more windows, you could see that the window order is also very important.

Thanks
brummerkee

Post by brummerkee »

My session seems to have been corrupted and i can't find a way to fix it.
Could anyone give me some hints?
Here is the message I'm getting:

--
The session/window data is corrupted:
JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 23814 of the JSON data(SyntaxError)

JSON_decode@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/utils.jsm:723:20
initTreeView@chrome://sessionmanager/content/sessionbrowser.js:208:13
displayTabTree@chrome://sessionmanager/content/session_prompt.js:997:5
onSessionTreeSelect@chrome://sessionmanager/content/session_prompt.js:1024:4
onselect@chrome://sessionmanager/content/session_prompt.xul:1:1
onxblmousedown@chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml:1144:14
--

I have a large session and it's really hard to debug. I'm on 56.0b10 (64-bit) and firefox has been working GREAT with sessions as big as mine (2000 tabs, unloaded) ever since the 56 beta.

I tried to go into the session file to figure out what's happening but it seems like gibberish to me, to the best of my knowledge it's pointing me to line 28 of this pastebin https://pastebin.com/HzVAgR3G (names/links are censored with "@")
Right to the end of this part "routeScrollPos":"{\"

I tried to use back-up saves but they all seem to be corrupted. I'm kind of panicking here, could anyone help me save this?
xarx

Post by xarx »

Cannot save session, Session Manager crashes.

I use FF 52.3 ESR 64-bit and Session Manager 0.8.1.13. I have many open tabs (about 200), mostly suspended, and many more hibernated. I use Tree Style Tab and Tab Groups Helper (and many others) addons.

After several days, Session Manager ceases to auto-save sessions. And when I try to save the session manually, Session Manager crashes after pressing the Save button with this:

Code: Select all

This operation failed due to a file access error:
Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.document](NS_ERROR_FAILURE)

2017-09-13.session

get_contentDocument@chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml:490:1
get_contentPrincipal@chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml:514:1
TabStateInternal._collectBaseTabData@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/TabState.jsm:129:7
TabStateInternal.collect@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/TabState.jsm:62:12
this.TabState<.collect@resource://app/modules/sessionstore/TabState.jsm:31:12
ssi_collectWindowData@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2999:21
SessionStoreInternal.getCurrentState/<@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2850:11
ssi_forEachBrowserWindow@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:3845:9
SessionStoreInternal.getCurrentState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2846:7
ssi_getBrowserState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:2074:17
ss_getBrowserState@resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm:223:12
Private.getSessionState@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:61:81
this.SessionDataProcessing.getSessionState@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_data_processing.jsm:32:10
Private.save@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:262:26
this.SessionIo.save@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_file_io.jsm:51:10
Private.sessionPromptCallBack@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:558:5
this.gSessionManager.sessionPromptCallBack@chrome://sessionmanager/content/modules/session_manager.jsm:42:10
gSessionManagerSessionPrompt.onAcceptDialog@chrome://sessionmanager/content/session_prompt.js:1235:20
anonymous@chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml line 380 > Function:1:8
_fireButtonEvent@chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml:381:28
_doButtonCommand@chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml:349:28
_handleButtonCommand@chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml:337:18
I'm not 100% sure it's a bug in Session Manager, but the Session Manager reports the problem. Can you tell from the stack dump if it's a bug in Session Manager? I don't have a step-by-step procedure how to reproduce the problem, but it always occurs after several days of using FF. My guess is that this may occur because FF memory consumptions reaches several GB of RAM (more than 2GB, though it is the 64-bit FF and should handle many more memory).

Edit: It doesn't seem to be caused by memory consumption. It suffices two days for the problem to occur again, without any extensive browsing. It may be caused by the number of tabs open, perhaps?
Edit2: The same problem is on my wife's computer. She has the same FF configuration, but a lot less tabs (tens). And she has the same problem!
I also forgot to mention that in previous ESR version (FF45ESR), everything was working fine, though we were not using the Tree Style Tab addon then.
YborChach

Post by YborChach »

CRITICAL SESSION MANAGER recovery needed - THANKS TO HURRICANE IRMA IN FLORIDA!

I have a situation that just occurred. I'm presently recovering from Hurricane Irma in Florida (STILL) in which I lost my internet and electricity among many other things....sigh In the process of getting both back - somehow, my Mozilla Firefox Browser (which I think was ver. 43.0.1) was updated to ver. 55.0.3 (32 bit - which I don't think this is the right bit for my computer). I did not update my Firefox Browser.....sigh Something else did while the internet was bumping back on....

I had Session Manager on my older browser before this happened and I had a lot of critical Tab Sessions saved within it. Now that I have an updated browser I no longer have my Session Manager anywhere to be seen.

Please - someone tell me how I can get back all of my Session Manager saved Tab Sessions BACK.

Thank You! Ybor (who's been dealing for too long now with enough shenanigans due to Hurricane Irma)
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Morac, I LOVE Session Manager...
How much would it cost us to see this ported to FF 57+ Webextensions?

It can happen, let us know...
THX D