[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by makondo »

General/Startup&Shutdown > At startup always load ... > Select session ....
harl windwolf

Post by harl windwolf »

I get an "undefined:undefined" error every now and then, about once every other week, the last time about 3 hours ago (Session Manager 0.8.1.13) and I have no clue if there's anything I can do about it because I don't understand how it is caused in the first place. - It wouldn't bother me as much if it wouldn't practically make Session Manager dysfunctional (not being able to save, load, manage sessions) until Firefox is restarted, so that I have to manually bookmark my open tabs (if I even remember to do it, anyway). - Session Manager then offers me to load the "previous session" but that session isn't really up-to-date anymore by then (as it's set to create a backup session every 60 minutes but obviously a lot can have happened in that one hour.
I guess it might make sense to have a backup method to create a kind of session, but without relying on the same procedures. (Maybe if it just offered to save the current tabs as a simple html list instead in case the preferred method fails, that would at least make it a lot more comfortable under such circumstances.)
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

GLint wrote:
ker2k3 wrote:
agentid36 wrote:Morac - I just upgraded to version 52 of firefox (from 51.0.1), using Session Manager 0.8.1.13. I've encountered an odd issue that appears due to the upgrade; when reloading a previous session, the tab favicons are not all restored. It's always the first tab up to *some number* that don't have the favicons, depending upon the specific session being reloaded. For example, when reloading 127 tabs, only the last 30 are populated with favicons. When reloading one with 56 tabs, only the last 20 are populated. Then a different one with 141 tabs, and the last 16 tabs have favicons. Each specific session however always have the same number of unloaded favicons - each time its the same number when reloading the specific session.

All of the favicons are visible within the Session Manager "Load Session" interface.

Firefox 52 x86, 8gb ram, Windows 7 x64.
Same issue here, tab favicons are not being restored in Firefox 52 even though they are clearly still being captured during session save. Opening the same session in Firefox 51.0.1 restores the favicons correctly.
I'm having exactly the same problem.
Just updated to Version 52.0
99% of the favicons are not loading within the tabs when Firefox is started.
Same problem here. It definitely started after installing 52. I didn't realize how important favicons are to me to find items quickly!
agentid36

Post by agentid36 »

irvinm wrote:Same problem here. It definitely started after installing 52. I didn't realize how important favicons are to me to find items quickly!
Same here! Though I've noticed that since starting a completely new session, without any tabs from before the upgrade, that the favicons do persist.
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

agentid36 wrote:
irvinm wrote:Same problem here. It definitely started after installing 52. I didn't realize how important favicons are to me to find items quickly!
Same here! Though I've noticed that since starting a completely new session, without any tabs from before the upgrade, that the favicons do persist.
Thanks for sharing that! I will have to think about how I can get about 500 tabs (in 14 tab groups) over to a new session ...
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

irvinm wrote:Thanks for sharing that! I will have to think about how I can get about 500 tabs (in 14 tab groups) over to a new session ...
I think the best solution is to disable Tab Groups, load the session, right click on any tab - Bookmark All Tabs. If you have Tab Mix Plus installed, it has an option to load only 3 (you can change the number in settings) tabs at once after you open bookmarks using "Open all in tabs".
Sorry for my poor English.
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

Looks like the favicon issue might be core to Firefox 52.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1345456
David.P

Post by David.P »

makondo wrote:General/Startup&Shutdown > At startup always load ... > Select session ....
Thank you! However, can I manually define a certain session that then will be listed there?

Also, is it possible to load the last session AND a certain standard session?

(I am looking for a way to solve this problem)
makondo

Post by makondo »

1. If you'll check Select session ..., it will show a menu of your sessions from which you can select the one you want to always open on startup.
2. In this case, instead of Select session... option choose 'None' and in Fx Options choose General/When Fx starts > Show my windows and tabs from last time. Have your 'permanent' session open in a second window. Make sure the window is open when you exit Fx. On restart, it should open windows you had when you exited Fx, one of which will be your 'permanent' session.
David.P

Post by David.P »

makondo wrote:2. In this case, instead of Select session... option choose 'None' and in Fx Options choose General/When Fx starts > Show my windows and tabs from last time. Have your 'permanent' session open in a second window. Make sure the window is open when you exit Fx.

On restart, it should open windows you had when you exited Fx, one of which will be your 'permanent' session.
Thank you. However I think that is what I always had. This way, the same windows and tabs that were there when Firefox exited are restored.

My case however is that I leave in the morning with a couple of pinned/locked/protected tabs open, and in the evening they are gone, because someone in the house always manages to kill them (I have no idea how they do it, all the more since I have set TabMixPlus to single window mode).

Therefore it does not help if Firefox is simply restored to its previous state. What I'd need is a condition like:
  • "When Firefox is started, add the tab set XYZ to the last session (if the last session does not already contain XYZ)".
ker2k3

Post by ker2k3 »

irvinm wrote:Looks like the favicon issue might be core to Firefox 52.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1345456
Indeed. I just upgraded to Firefox 53 beta 2 and all my favicons are back to normal :D
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/all/
makondo

Post by makondo »

David.P,
why don't you just bookmarks them as a group and Open All in Tabs when needed? Unfortunately, i don't have any magic here in my house and all my pinned tabs restore and stay put. Maybe a conflict with some other ext.? a cat? .... short-term memory prob (closed and forgot you did)?...
Anyway, good luck with the request!
David.P

Post by David.P »

Thanks makondo, but the problem is that these girls always somehow manage to open a new Firefox window (which does not contain my standard set of pinned+locked+protected tabs), and then they close the original Firefox window (including the pinned+locked+protected tabs).

And then these tabs are gone for good -- and have to be restored, pinned, locked and protected manually again :(
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

David.P wrote:Thanks makondo, but the problem is that these girls always somehow manage to open a new Firefox window (which does not contain my standard set of pinned+locked+protected tabs), and then they close the original Firefox window (including the pinned+locked+protected tabs).

And then these tabs are gone for good -- and have to be restored, pinned, locked and protected manually again :(
It sounds like you should set up separate user accounts on the computer for whoever there is in your household. That way they would have their own accounts while not affecting yours.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
David.P

Post by David.P »

OMG no :(

This is the family computer where everything that concerns everybody runs together. We certainly don't want a multiplicity of accounts and software configurations that I need to to maintain instead of just one. All the more since everybody in the house needs those two pinned+locked+protected Firefox tabs and not just me.

There must be another way to bloody secure those damned two tabs.