[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Morac

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by Morac »

itfitz,
If they copied "all" your data from your old profile, then the session files should be somewhere on your disk. You can try searching for .session files or a "sessions" folder. If they didn't actually copy everything and the Session files weren't copied, there's no way to recover the Session files.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Morac wrote:itfitz,
If they copied "all" your data from your old profile, then the session files should be somewhere on your disk. You can try searching for .session files or a "sessions" folder. If they didn't actually copy everything and the Session files weren't copied, there's no way to recover the Session files.
If IT did a "reset" of Firefox, there should be a folder titled "Old Firefox Data" on the desktop. It is a copy of the old profile. You can check there for the "Sessions" folder, too. With Session Manager installed in the new profile, the "Sessions" folder from the old profile can be copied into the new profile and you will have your old sessions back, again.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
makondo

Post by makondo »

Well, itfitz said:"...I called my IT folks back and was told that they emptied my Recycle Bin and didn't know if they could help." Most likely it's gone (unless they use some data recover soft, etc, i doubt they will though). Might be they copied only basic files as per mozsupport suggestion which would explain bookmarks.
wass11

Post by wass11 »

Thank you for your add-on but have a problem.
After I have reinstalled firefox and session manager how can I open .session files that I have used before as session tabs? I have tried it many times in session manager but couldn't.
Morac

Post by Morac »

wass11 wrote:Thank you for your add-on but have a problem.
After I have reinstalled firefox and session manager how can I open .session files that I have used before as session tabs? I have tried it many times in session manager but couldn't.
Copy the Session files back into the Session Manager "sessions" folder.

Note that if you enabled encryption, then you need to copy the old key4.db file from your old profile in order to decrypt the sessions.
toddly

Post by toddly »

I would like to save my session, but I keep getting this error message:

This operation failed due to a file access error:
undefined (undefined)

What does it mean, and how can I bypass it to save my session?

Thanks!
akilleas

Post by akilleas »

Hello.
I've been having a problem for the past few months.
Every time I quit/restart the browser, the add-on keeps losing the closed windows list all the time.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm running latest version of Firefox_x64.

Thanks in advance
So1omon

Post by So1omon »

Morac

I apologize in advance if this question has already been - I badly speak English. Please tell me how to extract information from the file ".sessions", to be able to see the links that are stored in this file. Open the file in the usual way does not work - the message about the likelihood of false saving or data corruption. I really hope for your help!
conceptualclarity

Post by conceptualclarity »

Hello,

I'm a big fan of Session Manager. However, I use Maxthon as my primary browser because I'm addicted to the about:last page. I have just now returned to Pale Moon as my much-used secondary browser because I have been having so many problems with Firefox. In truth, I prefer Pale Moon and feel it's a better browser, and I think it has a great future.

What is the deal with Pale Moon and Session Manager such that the most recent Session Manager is not available on Pale Moon? What is the latest version of Session Manager that can be used on Pale Moon?

Thanks.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

conceptualclarity...
Just a heads-up re; Maxthon.
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14735424
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
SpanishCat

Post by SpanishCat »

Hello everyone.

Does anyone here use the "Session Manager" application for Firefox?

Since then it serves me to recover sessions perfectly, but ...

... something has failed.

Well I do not see the session that I want to recover, which is more than a month ago, and has more than 100 tabs (just at the time when I had free time to see those websites). I also do not get the logo of medicine kit that appeared in Firefox.
This is the first time that I failed "Session Manager". Why did this happen? Has it been because Firefox was updated in a new version?

How can I recover that session I am looking for?
agentid36

Post by agentid36 »

Morac - I just upgraded to version 52 of firefox (from 51.0.1), using Session Manager 0.8.1.13. I've encountered an odd issue that appears due to the upgrade; when reloading a previous session, the tab favicons are not all restored. It's always the first tab up to *some number* that don't have the favicons, depending upon the specific session being reloaded. For example, when reloading 127 tabs, only the last 30 are populated with favicons. When reloading one with 56 tabs, only the last 20 are populated. Then a different one with 141 tabs, and the last 16 tabs have favicons. Each specific session however always have the same number of unloaded favicons - each time its the same number when reloading the specific session.

All of the favicons are visible within the Session Manager "Load Session" interface.

Update: so far, this appears to be only true of sessions that were created with the previous version. A completely new session without any tabs from a prior saved session does not appear to have this issue.

Firefox 52 x86, 8gb ram, Windows 7 x64.
Last edited by agentid36 on March 12th, 2017, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ker2k3

Post by ker2k3 »

agentid36 wrote:Morac - I just upgraded to version 52 of firefox (from 51.0.1), using Session Manager 0.8.1.13. I've encountered an odd issue that appears due to the upgrade; when reloading a previous session, the tab favicons are not all restored. It's always the first tab up to *some number* that don't have the favicons, depending upon the specific session being reloaded. For example, when reloading 127 tabs, only the last 30 are populated with favicons. When reloading one with 56 tabs, only the last 20 are populated. Then a different one with 141 tabs, and the last 16 tabs have favicons. Each specific session however always have the same number of unloaded favicons - each time its the same number when reloading the specific session.

All of the favicons are visible within the Session Manager "Load Session" interface.

Same issue here, tab favicons are not being restored in Firefox 52 even though they are clearly still being captured during session save. Opening the same session in Firefox 51.0.1 restores the favicons correctly.
GLint

Post by GLint »

ker2k3 wrote:
agentid36 wrote:Morac - I just upgraded to version 52 of firefox (from 51.0.1), using Session Manager 0.8.1.13. I've encountered an odd issue that appears due to the upgrade; when reloading a previous session, the tab favicons are not all restored. It's always the first tab up to *some number* that don't have the favicons, depending upon the specific session being reloaded. For example, when reloading 127 tabs, only the last 30 are populated with favicons. When reloading one with 56 tabs, only the last 20 are populated. Then a different one with 141 tabs, and the last 16 tabs have favicons. Each specific session however always have the same number of unloaded favicons - each time its the same number when reloading the specific session.

Same issue here, tab favicons are not being restored in Firefox 52 even though they are clearly still being captured during session save. Opening the same session in Firefox 51.0.1 restores the favicons correctly.
I'm having exactly the same problem.
Just updated to Version 52.0
99% of the favicons are not loading within the tabs when Firefox is started.
David.P

Post by David.P »

I'm too dumb to find a setting where I can simply save a current session as the session that always has to be opened at startup :(
(or that I can manually restore if something goes wrong)