[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.7.7 - Sep 18, 2011

Post by WildcatRay »

Threshold wrote:Hi Morac,

I have too many addons to disable all of them and wait for the error to reappear.

Some things you can try either now or in the future:

Install Multiple Addon Deactivator and use it to disable some or all addons but SM.

Disable half of your addons at a time and see if the problem occurs with SM enabled. If, after some time the issue does not occur, then re-enable your disabled addons and disable the other half. If the problem does occur, disable half of those addons, Keep going until you isolate the addon that conflict with SM, if any.

Create a new profile and only install SM. See if the problem occurs.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

Morac wrote:It depends. Really there shouldn't be any errors, but not all errors are problematic.

Ugh really?
I have always had incomprehensible crap in the error console.

What about the suggestions and the hanging problem?
What do you think?
Threshold

Post by Threshold »

WildcatRay wrote:
Threshold wrote:Hi Morac,

I have too many addons to disable all of them and wait for the error to reappear.

Some things you can try either now or in the future:

Install Multiple Addon Deactivator and use it to disable some or all addons but SM.

Disable half of your addons at a time and see if the problem occurs with SM enabled. If, after some time the issue does not occur, then re-enable your disabled addons and disable the other half. If the problem does occur, disable half of those addons, Keep going until you isolate the addon that conflict with SM, if any.

Create a new profile and only install SM. See if the problem occurs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

When I say I have too many addons must be true cause I already have MAD installed.

When I have an hour to spare I will try to pinpoint if there is a conflict with another extension but the new profile seem quicker at the moment.

Thanks
Lukedr

Post by Lukedr »

Morac wrote:Can you post a screen shot of the Session window? Also can you enable logging and send me the logs?

Also make sure that Session Manager is pointing to the session folder. You can check this by using the "Open Session Folder" menu item and checking to see that the session folder opens.

Hi Morac,

Perhaps I'm going blind because I can't see the file attach function for posting a screenshot here. When I open a session window (I'm on a Mac), the only thing that shows is the silver top bar of the window, the title and coloured window control button. When I maximise the session window, the whole window does expand but there are no entries/sessions listed - it's blank.

Yes, Open Session Folder is opening the Finder and showing the folder were backed up sessions are, but I can't load anything from there.

I have also just noticed that it isn't logging sessions since this started. Basically, it's busted. I've tried Re-installing but no change.

Below is the most recent log. I hope it's fixable - I do love this app.

Cheers.

******** B R O W S E R S T A R T U P **********
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: gSessionManager.observe: aTopic = nsPref:changed, aData = logging, Subject = [xpconnect wrapped nsISupports]
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT:
OS = Darwin
Browser = {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384} - Firefox 7.0.1
Locale = en-US
Extensions installed and enabled:
Rapportive 1.3.2
Session Manager 0.7.7
Shareaholic 3.0.1
Xmarks 4.0.2
Firefox preferences:
browser.startup.page = 1
browser.sessionstore.interval = 15000
browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs = 3
browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes = 1
browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo = 10
browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo = 3
browser.sessionstore.postdata = 0
browser.sessionstore.privacy_level = 0
browser.sessionstore.privacy_level_deferred = 1
browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash = true
browser.sessionstore.restore_hidden_tabs = false
browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once = false
browser.tabs.warnOnClose = true
browser.warnOnQuit = true
Add-on preferences:
allowNamedReplace = false
allow_duplicate_session_names = false
append_by_default = false
autosave_session = true
backup_every = false
backup_every_time = 0
backup_on_restart = true
backup_session = 1
backup_temporary = false
click_restore_tab = true
description = chrome://sessionmanager/locale/sessionmanager.properties
display_menus_in_submenu = true
do_not_color_toolbar_button = false
encrypt_sessions = false
encrypted_only = false
hide_tools_menu = false
install-event-fired = true
keys =
lastRanFF3 = false
leave_prompt_window_open =
logging = true
logging_level = 46
logging_to_console = false
max_backup_keep = 10
max_closed_undo = 10
max_display = -1
name_format = %40t-%d
options_selected_tab = 1
overwrite = true
preselect_previous_session = false
preserve_app_tabs = false
recycle_time = 7
reload = false
reload_timeout = 60000
restore_temporary = false
resume_session = backup.session
save_closed_tabs = 2
save_closed_windows = 2
save_cookies = true
save_window_list = true
session_list_order = 1
session_name_in_titlebar = 0
sessions_dir =
show_icon_in_menu = true
shutdown_on_last_window_close = true
startup = 1
submenus = false
update_message = true
use_SQLite_cache = false
use_SS_closed_window_list = true
use_browser_crash_prompt = true
version = 0.7.7
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: SessionManagerHelperComponent observer: aTopic = profile-after-change, aData = , Subject = null
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: gSessionManager initialize start
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: gSessionManager initialize end
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: SessionManagerHelperComponent observer: aTopic = final-ui-startup, aData = null, Subject = null
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:18 GMT: checkBackupTimer: timer = null, checked = false, time = 0, oldtime = undefined
Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:09:30 GMT: options.observe: aTopic = nsPref:changed, aData = logging_level, Subject = [xpconnect wrapped nsISupports]
Morac

Post by Morac »

Lukedr, see the following post for how to trouble shoot a broken SM window:

viewtopic.php?p=11329199#p11329199

Also do the sessions show up in the Tools -> Session Manager menu?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

@Lukedr,

To post images, you can upload one to a service like imageshack (http://imageshack.us/). Then copy the forum thumbnail code and paste it into your post.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
noscera

Post by noscera »

Morac,

I've discovered a conflict between Session Manager 0.7.7 and Biscuit 2.1.4. Here's the information I provided the Biscuit developer:

"I'm running XP SP3 and FX 7.0.1. It seems there's an issue between Biscuit 2.1.4 and Session Manager 7.7. When Biscuit is active, session manager will not display a list of sessions from which I can choose. The initial Session Manager window displays "rolled up" (only the title bar is visible); I have to manually drag the bottom of the title bar so I can see the window's contents.The only buttons active in that window are <Resume Session> and <Cancel>. When I click the former, only my homepage tab is loaded when Firefox presents its UI. I have to manually load my previous session from one of the Session Manager toolbar button's sub-menus. I'm not sure when this conflict first presented itself but these two add-ons used to work together."

I've enabled logging in Session Manager and want to know how I can get you a copy of my log.

Thanks for your help.
Morac

Post by Morac »

I installed Biscuit 2.1.4 and tested it in the Firefox 7.0.1 along with Session Manager and didn't see any problems with opening the Session Manager window. Looking at what Biscuit does I don't see why it would interfere and it did not for me.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Morac wrote:I installed Biscuit 2.1.4 and tested it in the Firefox 7.0.1 along with Session Manager and didn't see any problems with opening the Session Manager window. Looking at what Biscuit does I don't see why it would interfere and it did not for me.

@noscera,

You may need to try a new profile with just the two addons installed. Once you are certain that there are no issues proceed to install the rest of your addons one at a time.

Important links: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox
Ray

DarkghostX

Post by DarkghostX »

I recently had a crash and had to do a complete reinstall but I still have the data, can you tell me where the session manager data can be found?
Lukedr

Post by Lukedr »

Morac wrote:Lukedr, see the following post for how to trouble shoot a broken SM window:

viewtopic.php?p=11329199#p11329199

Also do the sessions show up in the Tools -> Session Manager menu?

Hi Morac,

I've run through the process in that post and am not getting any error logs related to Session Manager.

No, the sessions don't show up in Tools -> Session Manager menu.

Nothing is working with SM at the moment. As mentioned, I've deleted it and reloaded but still no change. This is very weird.
Keoni69

Post by Keoni69 »

Good day,

Thank so you much for this great add on, unfortunately today I'm encountering problems and the add on is not starting at all, when I try to restore a backup session it doesn't display any, and it closes. When I open the error console I get this error from the add on:

Error: session_header_data.split("\n")[4] is undefined
Source File: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm
Line: 3504

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you again.
Morac

Post by Morac »

DarkghostX wrote:I recently had a crash and had to do a complete reinstall but I still have the data, can you tell me where the session manager data can be found?

By default, it's in the sessions folder in your Firefox profile folder.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Lukedr wrote:I've run through the process in that post and am not getting any error logs related to Session Manager.

No, the sessions don't show up in Tools -> Session Manager menu.

Nothing is working with SM at the moment. As mentioned, I've deleted it and reloaded but still no change. This is very weird.

The log file you posted doesn't really have any info it it since it doesn't look like you did anything. Try saving a session while logging.
Morac

Post by Morac »

Keoni69 wrote:Good day,

Thank so you much for this great add on, unfortunately today I'm encountering problems and the add on is not starting at all, when I try to restore a backup session it doesn't display any, and it closes. When I open the error console I get this error from the add on:

Error: session_header_data.split("\n")[4] is undefined
Source File: resource://sessionmanager/modules/session_manager.jsm
Line: 3504

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you again.

That's caused by a corrupted session file. I've recently discovered that sometimes the 3rd and 4th lines of the session file combine (which is bad) and the result is that error which prevents sessions from displaying. I have a fix to prevent bad sessions from causing the error, but not to fix the session. I haven't been able to figure out how the session files are getting corrupted like this in the first place as it seems to be a very rare occurrence (only one of my over 150 sessions ended up like that).

The way you can fix this is to delete (or edit) the bad session file. The hard part is finding that session. All session files should have 4 lines in them. If a session file has 3 lines, it is bad and will cause the error.