[Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
therube

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.13 - January 30, 2017

Post by therube »

Are you running the latest version of Session Manager?
Maybe you have some other extension that is interfering with it?
Are you using e10s?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
tmsm

Post by tmsm »

Looks like it might have been a bad interaction with Tor Menu.
DN123ABC

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.12 - March 17, 2016

Post by DN123ABC »

DN123ABC wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:What is the latest version for "Seamonkey" version 2.46? I think mine is on 0.8.1.12, but my Firefox 51.0 (32-bit) is on 0.8.1.13.

Is there a "13" available for "Seamonkey"? If so, does it work, or am I better off with "12", and for what reasons?

Thank you.
Still wondering about this. Thank you.
Anybody? Bueller?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Thanks. Just checked again, and now all of a sudden the updater within Addons Manager works. Maybe it was fixed and nobody mentioned it sooner. So, thanks again.
jakdwak1234

Post by jakdwak1234 »

Hi,

For some reason, my Firefox started in safe mode and when I refreshed it to get back to normal, session manager disappeared. I've re-installed it but lost everything I've saved for a few years. Is there any way to get back what I saved within session manager? I run WinXp.

Thanks for any help.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Read this support page: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox/ ... ta-p/23405 It will provide the help you are looking for.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Vano

Re: [Ext]Session Manager 0.8.1.7- July 7, 2015

Post by Vano »

Any follow up on this one?
Infocatcher wrote:Hello, there is patch for Private Tab with extensions.privateTab.rememberClosedPrivateTabs = true in about:config:

Code: Select all

--- /chrome/content/modules/session_manager.jsm
+++ /chrome/content/modules/session_manager.jsm
@@ -809,6 +809,10 @@
 			if (/^https:/.test(mClosedTabs[aIndex].image)) {
 				mClosedTabs[aIndex].image = "moz-anno:favicon:" + mClosedTabs[aIndex].image;
 			}
+			// For Private Tab https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/private-tab/
+			if ("attributes" in aValue.state && "privateTab-isPrivate" in aValue.state.attributes) {
+				mClosedTabs[aIndex].isPrivate = true;
+			}
 		}, this);

mClosedTabs.forEach(function(aTab, aIx) {
@@ -825,6 +829,9 @@
 			menuitem.setAttribute("command", "cmd_session_manager_menu");
 			menuitem.addEventListener("DOMMenuItemActive", Private.ToggleDisplayOfURL, false);
 			menuitem.addEventListener("DOMMenuItemInactive",  Private.ToggleDisplayOfURL, false);
+			if ("isPrivate" in aTab) {
+				menuitem.setAttribute("privateTab-isPrivate", "true");
+			}
 			aPopup.insertBefore(menuitem, listEnd);
 		}, this);
Menu items for private tabs will be displayed underlined (just like built-in items, but I'm lazy to write additional code for third-party extensions).

Also please update state of toolbar button to undo close tabs after "last-pb-context-exited" notification (and after some small delay like 25 ms, internally used nsITimer with 0 delay to remove all closed private tabs from list).
Something like used here:
https://github.com/Infocatcher/Custom_B ... bs.js#L460
https://github.com/Infocatcher/Custom_B ... #L507-L513
jakdwak1234

Post by jakdwak1234 »

WildcatRay wrote:Read this support page: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox/ ... ta-p/23405 It will provide the help you are looking for.
Thanks for your help. Found it and just replced the new folders with the old folders.
rougefish

Post by rougefish »

Please help, not a techie, so plain english would be recommended.

I do not see the session manager option in my "tools" menu.

I get a popup window instead every time I restart or log on. This popup does not give me the full features of the extension as documented here: "http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/documentation.html" and I would like to use some of those features

How can I fix this? I am using windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system.

Help please
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

First, I am going to assume that you have a mostly default setup of your browser. Go to the "hamburger" button on the right end of the toolbar. Open it and look for the Add-ons button which looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Click on it.

The tab that opens should be the Add-on Manager. Look for the Session Manager extension and click on the Options button. That should open the Options dialog box.

I can only guess, but I think you might be seeing the window that opens for you to then select the saved session you want to open. If that is true, the radio button for "Prompt for a session" is likely filled. This is located under General>Startup & Shutdown>Startup & Shutdown.

On my setup, I have "None" checked and in the drop down just below that I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time" selected. I do not get a Session Manager "pop up" when I start my browser unless the browser crashed on me.

Hope this helps.
Ray

itfitz

Post by itfitz »

I had a minor issue with disappearing icons on my desktop (Windows 7), and my IT folks remoted in and decided that my profile must be corrupt. They copied all the data from my profile, created a new one, pasted the old info into the new one, then deleted the old (corrupt) profile.

When I opened Firefox (51.0.1) following all of this, it treated me as a new user and seemed as if Firefox had been newly installed. I looked into my history, and it was blank. And of course, I had no Session Manager sessions to load. I called my IT folks back and was told that they emptied my Recycle Bin and didn't know if they could help.

I had a ton of unfinished work in multiple tabs, and there's no way I can remember a third of the websites that were open.

I just returned from lunch and I now have all of my saved bookmarks back -- but not my Session Manager sessions. Is there any way that I can direct my IT folks -- or even myself -- to where I should find them? Is there a log file somewhere?

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

Thanks for your time,

Fitz
rougefish

Post by rougefish »

Ray,

Thanks for getting back to me but after checking the Options window under Add-ons for Session Manager, I have the exact same thing checked under "General>Startup & Shutdown>Startup & Shutdown".

That is to say that in the entry for "at startup always load the following session" is marked "none" and the window underneath says, "Show my windows and tabs from last time".

So that does not appear to be the issue. I do have to add though that this appears to be tempermental as I have seen the "Session Manager" in the Tools drop down menu previously but now for the last 3-4 days I am getting the pop up window which says, "Session Manager" and my system has not crashed. Just a normal shut down with a power off and then power on with the button on the tower.

Most annoying, wish I could get this to function properly as I want to use the options available from the tools drop down menu.
makondo

Post by makondo »

rougefish wrote:... a normal shut down with a power off and then power on with the button on the tower ...
Do you mean you don't exit/close Fx but simply shut down computer while Fx is still running? If so, that's not 'normal', that's what Fx sees as a crash and probably why you get session manager restore popup.
makondo

Post by makondo »

itfitz,
if they deleted your old profile w/out backing it up, i'm afraid it's bad news, lost it.
Check to see if SM is installed in this new profile. Then check if there's a 'session' folder in your profile. If there's, click it to see what files are there. If none or some you don't know, your old sessions are gone, i'm afraid. Go to HR and ask them to fire your ITs as being incompetent.
How to find your profile.