[Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Merci chao

[Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Menu

Post by Merci chao »

Last edited by Merci chao on March 23rd, 2015, 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
Merci chao

Re: [Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Me

Post by Merci chao »

Version 1.4 is released.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/histor ... sion-1.4b1

Please join the localization if you feel interesting:
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?opt ... 567#tabs-2
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
tramp

Post by tramp »

Hi,
thank you for this nice and useful addon.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

tramp

Post by tramp »

Merci chao wrote:Version 2.0 is released.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Thank you.
It would be even better if we could see date and time next to the urls.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

tramp wrote:
Merci chao wrote:Version 2.0 is released.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Thank you.
It would be even better if we could see date and time next to the urls.

I have added something like this:

tramp

Post by tramp »

Thank you.
Better than nothing, ideal would be a extra column because it is faster to read and search.
Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

History Submenus Ⅱ 2.0.2 seems to have the exact same problem as the original History Submenus did:

if you set "Results in History menu" to, for example, 30, then at least 30 history items disappear between that last 30th item in the main History menu and the first item in the "Today" submenu. (A further complication is that it's more than 30 lost items because I always see a few more items in the history sidebar than in the History menu list.)

If I reduce the number in "Results in History menu," then that accordingly reduces the number of lost items missing at the top of the "Today" submenu.

Firefox 4.0.1, Mac OS X 10.5.8
• Firefox 45.9.0 ESR
• Mac OS X 10.6.8
• MacBook Pro (5,2) 17-inch, "Mid 2009"
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Schmye Bubbula wrote:History Submenus Ⅱ 2.0.2 seems to have the exact same problem as the original History Submenus did:

if you set "Results in History menu" to, for example, 30, then at least 30 history items disappear between that last 30th item in the main History menu and the first item in the "Today" submenu. (A further complication is that it's more than 30 lost items because I always see a few more items in the history sidebar than in the History menu list.)

If I reduce the number in "Results in History menu," then that accordingly reduces the number of lost items missing at the top of the "Today" submenu.

Firefox 4.0.1, Mac OS X 10.5.8
History sidebar and history menu don't have the same behavior. History sidebar shows the redirect pages but the original history menu doesn't.
Last edited by Merci chao on January 13th, 2012, 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

^ Ah, the redirect pages — yes, I believe that clears up that discrepancy, thanks!
But even aside from that, there still are missing items between the end of the main History menu and the beginning of the "Today" submenu, and the number seems to be related to the number one chooses for "Results in History menu." Can you reproduce that curiosity on your end?
• Firefox 45.9.0 ESR
• Mac OS X 10.6.8
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

If you set showing 30 items in main menu, the last 30 items in sub-menus will be hidden.

Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

^ If what you're saying is that the 30 items in the main History menu will not show up again in the "Today" submenu, then yes, that is how it should be. But what I'm trying to say is that 30 items after the 30 in the main menu are missing from the "Today" submenu. There's a "hole." And the size of the "hole" changes along with changes in the "Results in History menu" setting. Can you reproduce that?

Main History menu: items #1-30
"Today": items #61-all the rest

items #31-60 are nowhere to be found — they've disappeared, but they're in the History sidebar (aside from the redirects).
• Firefox 45.9.0 ESR
• Mac OS X 10.6.8
swifty2012

Post by swifty2012 »

Hi,

This addon is perfect except for one small issue. Is there anyway to allow mouse scrolling both up and down whilst browsing the history menus? I see at the moment it will only allow you to go back upwards.

Thanks
superspudz2000

Post by superspudz2000 »

help, my mouse scroll wheel wont work with this.
it will scroll Up but not Down.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

superspudz2000 wrote:help, my mouse scroll wheel wont work with this.
it will scroll Up but not Down.

The bug is fixed in new version.
Please modify the star rating of your review if it is according to the bug but not the extension itself:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... ws/372379/
Thank you.