[Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
kinoe

Re: [Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Me

Post by kinoe »

Hi merci chao,
thx for your prompt answer :wink:
1. it is actually FF 52.0.1 (and HS2 4.0.4) >running on Linux: KDE-Neon (Ubuntu 16.04.)
2. here the output of the browser console (what's that chrome stuff?):

Code: Select all

RangeError: invalid language tag: chrome://global/locale/intl.properties       HistorySubmenus2.jsm:46:19
   CanonicalizeLocaleList self-hosted:1536:17
	InitializeDateTimeFormat self-hosted:2231:28
	this.HistorySubmenus2.formatDate chrome://historysubmenus2/content/HistorySubmenus2.jsm:46:19
	HM_rebuildPopup chrome://historysubmenus2/content/HistorySubmenus2.jsm:298:38
	PVB__onPopupShowing chrome://browser/content/places/browserPlacesViews.js:924:9
	HM__onPopupShowing chrome://browser/content/browser-places.js:806:5
	PlacesMenu chrome://browser/content/places/browserPlacesViews.js:1785:3
	HistoryMenu chrome://browser/content/browser-places.js:704:3
	onpopupshowing chrome://browser/content/browser.xul:1:78
and in a second tag:

Code: Select all

PM_handleEvent chrome://browser/content/places/browserPlacesViews.js:1816:9
3. Settings of HS2 don't work properly either: rename not working
Last edited by kinoe on March 23rd, 2017, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Oh, I see.
Well, please type "about:config" in URL bar, search "general.useragent.locale", and see what value is it.
It seems the value is invalid. If you are using English UI, it should be something like en-US.
You make right-click on that preference entry and choose "reset" to correct it.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
kinoe

Post by kinoe »

mmmh,
general.useragent.locale seems to be ok 'cause it is: standard/ string/ de (for german)
>'reset' is greyed out
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

kinoe wrote:mmmh,
general.useragent.locale seems to be ok 'cause it is: standard/ string/ de (for german)
>'reset' is greyed out
Humm, is your current UI in German?
If yes, please try to re-install the German language pack, restart your Firefox and see if it works:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... xpi/de.xpi
or
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox ... xpi/de.xpi
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
kinoe

Post by kinoe »

okay, reinstalled German language pack x86_64 two times and restarted FF unfortunately with no effect on HS2 :-k
Last edited by kinoe on March 24th, 2017, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

kinoe wrote:okay, reinstalled German language pack x86_64 two times and restarted FF unfortunately with no effect on HS2 :-k
The last thing you may try is to re-install Firefox.
I've tested on Ubuntu with Firefox 52.0.1 German version and HS2 4.0.4, everything works just fine.
I can't figure it out if I cannot reproduce the problem...

BTW, does version 3.1.2.1 work?
You may downgrade HS2 and disable the auto-update of it, until you upgrade Firefox to 53.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/histor ... ns/3.1.2.1

kinoe

Post by kinoe »

Merci chao wrote:
kinoe wrote:okay, reinstalled German language pack x86_64 two times and restarted FF unfortunately with no effect on HS2 :-k
I've tested on Ubuntu with Firefox 52.0.1 German version and HS2 4.0.4, everything works just fine.

You may downgrade HS2 and disable the auto-update of it, until you upgrade Firefox to 53.
version 3.1.2.1 does work(!) without calendar icons but icons of websites are as fine as all other regular functions.
Thanks a lot for your dedication :D

Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

kinoe wrote:
Merci chao wrote:

version 3.1.2.1 does work(!) without calendar icons but icons of websites are as fine as all other regular functions.
Thanks a lot for your dedication :D

Please make sure you have disabled the auto update for HS2.
Otherwise it may become 4.0.4 later.

Mr_Wolf

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Hi, I've just noticed a thing: when I open History Submenus, if a click on an element of a history list with the middle button of the mouse, the URL is opened in another tab, but it is also deleted from the list.
Is it the correct History Submenus behaviour (or a bug)?
Or perhaps it depends on the settings set in Tab Mix Plus? In Tab Mix Plus, there are several options to control the behaviour of mouse buttons when clicking on URLs.

I want the URL to be opened in another tab when I click with middle button, but I don't want it to be deleted from history list.

EDIT: the URL deleted from the list appears again in the list after a while, because it is opened again in a new tab when I middle click on it.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Mr Wolf 80 wrote:Hi, I've just noticed a thing: when I open History Submenus, if a click on an element of a history list with the middle button of the mouse, the URL is opened in another tab, but it is also deleted from the list.
Is it the correct History Submenus behaviour (or a bug)?
Or perhaps it depends on the settings set in Tab Mix Plus? In Tab Mix Plus, there are several options to control the behaviour of mouse buttons when clicking on URLs.

I want the URL to be opened in another tab when I click with middle button, but I don't want it to be deleted from history list.

EDIT: the URL deleted from the list appears again in the list after a while, because it is opened again in a new tab when I middle click on it.
Please check the history entries in history sidebar or library. If the "deleted" entries also disappear in those places, then it should be a normal behavior (of Firefox or your installed extensions).
Sometimes a previous history entry may disappear because it becomes the last one you have just visited.

Mr_Wolf

Post by Mr_Wolf »

Thank you for your answer!

Ok, I checked: when I middle click on an element in History Submenus list, it is deleted from the list, but not from Firefox history. (And that's good!)
However, I tried disabling Tab Mix Plus, but the behaviour is the same.
You can confirm me it's not History Submenus natural behaviour? That is, middle click on an element in History Submenus list doesn't normally delete it from the list?

Only if you have time, can you check a thing that I noticed a long time ago and for which I can't find an explanation.
I have several virtual machines (Linux and Windows, made with VirtualBox or VMware Workstation) and in them I have Firefox installed with same addons and same configuration.
Well, no entries are saved in History Submenus if I use the internal network configuration, the internal wireless adapter of my computer.
The entries are only saved if I connect directly to the router in the virtual machines using an USB wireless adapter.
By the way, this odd behaviour concerns others addons: for example, I have Form History Control, and no forms are saved if it is used the internal wireless adapter.
I just can't find an explanation for that. ](*,)

So, the way to try would be to create a virtual machine (for example Linux with VirtualBox) and see what happens.

Thank you!
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

History Submenus 2 never modifies your history. It only queries the history records and shows them.
So the items in sub-menus should be actually the same with the ones in library and sidebar.
You may disable all other extensions, or create a new clean Firefox profile, and check again.

Trialsman

Post by Trialsman »

I have just switched from FF57 (terrible) to WaterFox 55. Everything in WF55 appears to work great, except for this plug-in. All I get is several rows of calendar icons, no date, and no history on mouse-over. I have tried all three versions listed on your download page. Any idea why it does not work? Could it be because WF is 64bit?

Thank you.
z00

Post by z00 »

Version 4.0.4 is the last version to work with Firefox 52 ESR.