[Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Menu

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Brig

Re: [Ext] History Submenus Ⅱ -- Show sub-menus in History Me

Post by Brig »

Merci chao wrote:You should report to the developer of Tab Utilities Lite. HS2 does not modify or change the click or command event handler of history items. Actually, I set Tab Mix Plus to open histories in new tabs and it always works.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I switched to Tab Mix Plus and it works.
hvgsel

Post by hvgsel »

Hello,

In the menu Iist the 'Recently Closed Tabs' and 'Recently Closed Windows' show no content anymore. Is this a known problem?

Regards, Hugo
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

hvgsel wrote:Hello,

In the menu Iist the 'Recently Closed Tabs' and 'Recently Closed Windows' show no content anymore. Is this a known problem?

Regards, Hugo

"Recently Closed Tabs" and "Recently Closed Windows" both work correctly, tested on Firefox 36.0.1 with only HS2 3.0.1.1 installed.
Please try to disable all other extensions and check again.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
hvgsel

Post by hvgsel »

I was lucky, after disabling all extensions except HS2, the first extension enabled again 'Add Bookmark Here 2' appeared to be the culprit.
There's a Beta update available which solves the problem.

Regards, Hugo
EdePopede

Post by EdePopede »

Merci chao wrote:HS2 never modifies or deletes you history. (I even don't know how to do this)
If you have any doubt, you may look into the source code.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... se/287076/

Sorry for the late feedback. Indeed it wasn't HS II (or any other addon), but firefox itself. Adding places.history.expiration.max_pages=100000 raised transient_current_max_pages to the same value (used to be at around 5k+) keeping the history so far.
But now to something new, a suggestion and a happy little accident:

Iirc, the old HS had a 2nd level (last week, 2 weeks ago, …) saving 6/7 of the entries in that area at the top level of the history menu (only without that doubling of entries as in the history sidebar). And i think there has been even a "recent entries" submenu (i'm running out of screenspace, help! ;))

the 1st line in the german translation reads

Code: Select all

Ergebnisse im %n Chronik-Menü anzeigen

Should rather be one of

%n Ergebnisse im Chronik-Menü anzeigen
Zeige %n Ergebnisse im Chronik-Menü an

Only in the latter case the other lines should also be modified to keep a consistent style. Just tell me if you want me to do it, should there not be a maintainer for that l10n.

And thanks for providing one of those little things that increase the usability for the daily firefoxing =D>
peter_vienna

Post by peter_vienna »

I also have the problem that any version of HS2 newer than 2.3.8 is not working, submenus are not shown. I am using FF38.0. When I disable all addons, and the ENABLE only HS2, I get the following message in the Java console (My Profile is located in the path F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter):

1429944465135 addons.xpi WARN Exception running bootstrap method startup on HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"

"JS frame :: chrome://historysubmenus2/content/PanelUI.jsm :: this.PanelUI.enable :: line 183" data: no]

Stack trace:
this.PanelUI.enable()@PanelUI.jsm:183 < onEnable()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao.xpi!/bootstrap.js:23 < startup()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao.xpi!/bootstrap.js:148 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4451 < XPI_updateAddonDisabledState()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4581 < AddonWrapper_userDisabledSetter()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:6940 < set_userDisabled()@extensions.xml:1084 < oncommand()@about:addons:1 < <file:unknown>

When I DISABLE HS2 again, I get this message in the console:

1429944584685 addons.xpi WARN Exception running bootstrap method shutdown on HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao: ReferenceError:
HistorySubmenus2_OriginalFunctions is not defined (chrome://historysubmenus2/content/HistorySubmenus2.jsm:537) JS

Stack trace: this.HistorySubmenus2.unbind@HistorySubmenus2.jsm:537:1 < unloadFromWindow@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@bootstrap.js:42:2 < forEachOpenWindow@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@bootstrap.js:138:1 < shutdown@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@bootstrap.js:165:2 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod@XPIProvider.jsm:4451:9 < XPI_updateAddonDisabledState@XPIProvider.jsm:4572:1 < AddonWrapper_userDisabledSetter@XPIProvider.jsm:6940:9 < set_userDisabled@extensions.xml:1084:11 < oncommand@about:addons:1:1

Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Tools/Internet/Firefox/chrome.manifest'.
Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Tools/Internet/Firefox/browser/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

peter_vienna wrote:I also have the problem that any version of HS2 newer than 2.3.8 is not working, submenus are not shown. I am using FF38.0. When I disable all addons, and the ENABLE only HS2, I get the following message in the Java console (My Profile is located in the path F:/Daten/Firefox/Peter):

1429944465135 addons.xpi WARN Exception running bootstrap method startup on HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"

"JS frame :: chrome://historysubmenus2/content/PanelUI.jsm :: this.PanelUI.enable :: line 183" data: no]

It seems that resource://app/modules/CustomizableWidgets.jsm has been removed in FX 38.
I'm not using beta channel, I'll check it out later.
Please forgive my poor English, as I'm a Chin... well, Macaoese, that speak in Cantonese.

History Submenus II || Page Title in URL Bar || Double Click Top-Left to Close || Personal Menu
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

Merci chao, you never got back to us about the frequent long lags and the "spinning beach ball" when clicking the History menu in the menu bar, first described here, and your last post about it here saying you'd take a look at my profile I sent that you requested. Because of the lags, I'm still stuck in v2.3.8.
• Firefox 45.9.0 ESR
• Mac OS X 10.6.8
• MacBook Pro (5,2) 17-inch, "Mid 2009"
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

Schmye Bubbula wrote:Merci chao, you never got back to us about the frequent long lags and the "spinning beach ball" when clicking the History menu in the menu bar, first described here, and your last post about it here saying you'd take a look at my profile I sent that you requested. Because of the lags, I'm still stuck in v2.3.8.

I tested your profile (of the moment you were searching "bluetooth headset macbook leopard" by google), with Firefox Developer Edition 39.0a2 (2015-04-28), History Submenus II 3.0.1.2, Windows 7 in VirtualBox, 2GB RAM, Intel i5-4670 4 cores without performance limit.
I tested the history menu in menu bar and also the toolbar button, both work fine.

Anyway, you may go on using "2.3.8", with a little fixing for Firefox 38+:
http://www.filedropper.com/historysubmenusii-238-fx
You need to remove the old one before installing the new one.

Trust me, nothing but only restartless is enhanced after 2.3.8.

^k2

Post by ^k2 »

Great add-on. Thank You very much for it.

Can you please make it work for more than 365 days of history?!

It should list the Firefox history for at least 9999 days.

Thanks.
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

gylgamesh wrote:Great add-on. Thank You very much for it.

Can you please make it work for more than 365 days of history?!

It should list the Firefox history for at least 9999 days.

Thanks.

You may go to about:config and modify

extensions.HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao.submenuCount
to increase the days amount. (restart needed)
Please note that too much days may hang your Firefox.

French Alain

Post by French Alain »

Same Review as the previous one. I agree with this reviewer. ("Paid add-on") Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles

par French Alain le August 28, 2015 · lien permanent · traduire

I love this add-on but since FF 40.0.0 for Mac, no history (at all) shows up (also no bookmarks) until I disable it, (sometimes Yes, sometimes No) then all the history and bookmarks reappear. The update today to 40.0.3 did not change this behavior. Having access to my history in submenus for previous days is wonderful but sadly I have to leave it disabled. I still gave it 5 stars in the hopes it'll start working again on the Mac.

Could you help us ?
Merci chao

Post by Merci chao »

French Alain wrote:
Same Review as the previous one. I agree with this reviewer. ("Paid add-on") Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles

par French Alain le August 28, 2015 · lien permanent · traduire

I love this add-on but since FF 40.0.0 for Mac, no history (at all) shows up (also no bookmarks) until I disable it, (sometimes Yes, sometimes No) then all the history and bookmarks reappear. The update today to 40.0.3 did not change this behavior. Having access to my history in submenus for previous days is wonderful but sadly I have to leave it disabled. I still gave it 5 stars in the hopes it'll start working again on the Mac.

Could you help us ?

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I did subscribe this topic and was waiting for e-mail alert but nothing came...

I have tested with Firefox 40.0.3 and OSX 10.10 in a virtual machine. Everything seems to work just fine and I don't have any clue yet...
So please help me to do some tests:

1. Is it a conflict with another extension?
Disable ALL other extensions and plug-ins, except HS2, restart Firefox and check;
If the problem solved, try to find out which extension (plug-in) causes the problem.

2. Does the problem always happen?
Restart your Firefox and check, do it several times;
Disable HS2, restart Firefox, enable HS2 again and check, do it several times.

3. Check if there are any errors in the console.
Open Tools -> Web Developer -> Browser Console, enable JavaScript (JS) only and make sure "Error" is checked in its drop-down menu;
Check the console whenever: starting up Firefox, opening history menu, enabling / disabling HS2.

4. Test with a brand new Firefox profile.
If you know how to create a new Firefox profile, please also test in a clean environment.

mb502

Post by mb502 »

1) No. Disabling all other plugins or extensions does not fix the issue.
2) Yes. It always happens. When reactivating HS2, but before quitting the browser, the plugin works. But after re-opening the browser it breaks again.
3) Errors in console:

ReferenceError: bundle is not defined PlacesUIUtils.jsm:132:4
1441220816377 addons.xpi WARN Exception running bootstrap method shutdown on HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://historysubmenus2/content/PanelUI.jsm :: this.PanelUI.disable :: line 229" data: no] Stack trace: this.PanelUI.disable()@PanelUI.jsm:229 < onDisable()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/panda/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/vl3cq07v.default/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao.xpi!/bootstrap.js:29 < shutdown()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/panda/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/vl3cq07v.default/extensions/HistorySubmenus2@Merci.chao.xpi!/bootstrap.js:168 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4640 < XPI_updateAddonDisabledState()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4766 < AddonWrapper_userDisabledSetter()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:7122 < set_userDisabled()@extensions.xml:1080 < oncommand()@about:addons:1 < <file:unknown>
Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/Resources/chrome.manifest'.
OpenGL compositor Initialized Succesfully.
Version: 2.1 ATI-1.24.39
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5770 OpenGL Engine
FBO Texture Target: TEXTURE_2D

4) Not sure how to do this, but the issue occurs on every Mac I've tested.

Another issue I've noticed for awhile is that HS2 causes extensive pinwheeling when accessing the History menu. The menu does not open until the pinwheeling stops. This is regardless of whether it's working properly or not.