YouTube Anywhere Player, Capture & Print, Bluhell, etc

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MC Fat Tongue

Re: YouTube Anywhere Player, Capture & Print, Bluhell, etc

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your post, It's all perfectly clear now.

I did notice that items that have been deleted from the options list (ie URL, Image URL, Toolbar ID) are still being retained in the about:config preferences (extentions.dybutar.*) I would have thought they should be removed automatically because there is no further use for them, or am I missing something.

Your help would be appreciated.
diegocr

Post by diegocr »

Yeah, you're correct - these entries are kept there while they should probably be removed.

There is code to specifically remove the entries from the Customize Panel (if any) and from the toolbars (currentSet/localstore.rdf), but nothing about the prefs, so i'll add that to the todo list, thanks!
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist...
https://addons.mozilla.org/user/diegocr/
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Thanks Diego, your a star as always.
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi Diego,

I've been using Dybutar for a few weeks now and have just started using Bluhell instead of Adblock plus (there is a very noticeable speed increase) and because of that I wanted to send you $5 for each of them towards their continued upkeep. I was unable to find a contribute button on Dybutar, so I've sent the combined payment of $10 via Bluhells contribute button.

Will you please confirm you have received the payment.

Thank you for all your hard work I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
MC Fat Tongue.
diegocr

Post by diegocr »

Hi Mc,

Yeah, received it. Thank you very much!
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist...
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi diego,

I'm trying to write a Dybutar preference for this add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clipple/ which is basically a copy and paste add-on. At the moment the icon for the extension is fixed to the add-on bar, but with Australis looming, the add-on bar is going to removed, so I thought if I could write a Dybutar preference that would call the simple menu the current icon calls, it would solve the problem.

So far I have tried URL: chrome://clipple/content/clipple.xul Image URI: Basketball Toolbar ID: nav-bar

The basketball icon appears in the nav-bar but when clicking it nothing happens. I think the problem lies with the clipple.xul at the end of the URL, but I don't know how to find out the correct file name.

I fully understand this is out of your remit and that you might not want to help with this.

Just as an after thought, the Clipple add-on has not been updated since August 30, 2011, It looks like it's been abandoned. Is this something you would consider taking on. It's a really good extension and with a couple of improvements I would like to suggest, it would be perfect.

Regards,
MC Fat Tongue.
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi,

Regarding my previous post, I have discovered a way to lookup the *.xul file name for preferences (URL:) in Debutar for Clipple, or any other Add-on for that matter. All the file name information is in the "Local Store" tab in eCleaner(Preferences Monitor), which will come in handy for setting up tool-bar buttons in the future. Unfortunately in the case of Clipple there was a *.xul file in local store, but it only called the options, and not the menu that appears when you click the Add-on Bar button. In conclusion I don't think what I was trying to do is possible.
diegocr

Post by diegocr »

Hi Mc, you're correct in your findings, that add-on uses a menupopup element which can't be replicated in Dybutar. As for taking over the development of that add-on, i think it'll be better to create an add-on which takes statusbar icons from any add-on to place them in the nav-bar... but, it sounds to me i read somewhere Australis is going to do that by default.

Cheers.
Last edited by diegocr on December 30th, 2013, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Thanks for the information Diego, good news about the statusbar icons in Australis.
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi,

I've been looking at your Capture & Print extension. Is there anyway to select more than one area at a time for printing. I would like to be able to capture multiple different areas of a websites page and then print them on the same page(as space would allow).
diegocr

Post by diegocr »

Hi Mc, i'm afraid that isn't possible. However, when i want to do that i use the Inspector to hide the parts i'm not interested in. I.e RMB over the element you want to remove and click "Inspect Element (Q)" to bring up the Inspector where you can see the element highlighted, use RMB over it and select "Remove Node" - hope that helps!
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi Diego,

I'm using Bluhell firewall, would you please consider a turn off/on option to allow the removal of space that is left when an advert is removed.

Regards,
MC Fat Tongue.
diegocr

Post by diegocr »

Er.. it has such feature already, but obviously it isn't very powerful. Basically, the node/element associated with a blocked resource is either removed from the dom tree or hidden using css. However, there are certain ad networks that due the way ads are injected that method isn't very reliable. I'm aware of several users using ABP without subscriptions with the EHH add-on to be able to hide such placeholders, and that's certainly what i suggest to users too concerned about that since i would like to keep Bluhell as lightweight as possible, unless a certain feature is requested by +70% of the users.
MC Fat Tongue

Post by MC Fat Tongue »

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I've started using Ablockedge without subscriptions and with EHH, Adblockedge works in exactly the same way as Adblockplus, it's just less bloated.
cLinic5

Post by cLinic5 »

On your "Capture and Paste" addin is there a way to make it scroll faster.
Normally I can scroll up and down a page quite fast. When I am holding
down the mouse button and scrolling down the page to select what I
want to print it is incredibly slow.
Great addin none the less.