YouTube Anywhere Player, Capture & Print, Bluhell, etc

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shape5

Re: YouTube Anywhere Player, Capture & Print, Bluhell, etc

Post by shape5 »

with YouTube Anywhere Player, can the 'Skip Nested Links' act as a blacklist to disable the player on certain sites? I'd like to disable it on a site or 2 but not sure how to do this, if even possible.

What's happening is that the embedded player window on other sites is loading the YAP icons on top of the skip next/previous buttons (to the left & right of play/pause), so if you attempt to skip to the next/previous video in the embedded playlist it opens YAP.
lakrsrool

Post by lakrsrool »

Hi Deigo, Bluhell Firewall causes the website realtor.com to not work!

If I disable the add-on then the website works just fine.

The need to disable Bluhell Firewall before using the website would suggest that a way to "white list" this website (manually) is necessary absent Bluhell Firewall providing a message to "allow" the website.

If i enable the add-on then the site "Search" button does nothing and the problem is that I do not get any message from the add-on like I would normally get if I needed to "allow" a website that is blocked by Bluhell Firewall (which I've considered in essence is the method a "white list" is created by Bluhell Firewall for websites that the user does not want blocked). The problem here is that the website does not work properly if the Bluhell Firewall is enabled, yet does not provide a method to give the user an opportunity to make the website work other than disabling the add-on (which of course is then disabled for all websites).

Users either needs a message from the Bluhell Firewall add-on to "allow" the website (which does not happen) so that the website will work properly or in the event there is no message from the Bluhell Firewall add-on then a "white list" via user intervention clearly needs to be made available.

Diego, you would agree right? That is if Bluhell Firewall add-on does not allow a website to work properly (blocks website) and there is no message to the user from the add-on to provide a way to "allow" the website so that it will work that you therefore NEED to provide a way to add a website like this to a "white list" of some kind, RIGHT?

And if a "white list" is not in the cards, then would you please fix the problem that Bluehell Firewall has with this website (realtor.com). The website will load but when the "Search" button is clicked then nothing happens. We need a message from Bluehell Firewall to "allow" this website if we can't add the website to a "white list" ourselves.
slacker2

Post by slacker2 »

BluHell Firewall also prevents the mint.com website from functioning. I would agree having the ability to white list a site would be a nice feature.
all41_14all

Post by all41_14all »

I tried several times to make a contribution on the Bluhell Firewall page. I would get a box for a moment that said "taking you to PayPal" (or something like that). Then the page would partially grey out and become non-functional. Nothing else would happen. What can I do to make this work?

It's taken me a lot of time and work to get to this page. I first tried to register with the link at the top of the addons.mozilla.org page, but that would not work. Then I found my way to discourse.mozilla-community.org, and someone there directed me here. I've also tried to find a link to contact you (i.e. the Bluhell Firewall developer) elsewhere. It sure would be nice to have a link directly on the add-ons page.

I also wanted to let you know that I found a site where Bluhell Firewall was not blocking audio coming in snippets from what I think was a video news link:
http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.c ... -calendar/

Thanks for the good work.
James

Post by James »

The Support site link on https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... l-firewall/ leads to this thread you posted in.
all41_14all

Post by all41_14all »

James wrote:The Support site link on https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... l-firewall/ leads to this thread you posted in.
Thanks. I realize that now, but it's a quite small link on that page, not in a prominent location, and the Mozilla login/register links at the top are a lot more obvious. I think I found the Mozilla community via a web search, but I don't now remember. I went round in circles for a long time trying to get the Mozilla login to work.

I added the info on trying to find support, however, more as an aside. The major issue is why PayPal does not load for a donation to the developer.
James

Post by James »

The Register or Log in on top is for the addons.mozilla.org site itself. You used to be able to use the a.m.o account at forums.mozilla.org which was the support forum for a.m.o until it was moved to discourse.mozilla-community.org

The forums.mozillaZine.org is independent of Mozilla as Mozilla has their own support forum at https://support.mozilla.org/questions though it is not really a place for Extensions/Themes (complete) authors to have support threads like here.
trlkly

Re: YouTube Anywhere Player

Post by trlkly »

It would be really nice if I could shut it off in embeds. It captures the "play on YouTube" button and the title.

It also wouldn't hurt if you'd show the "play on YouTube" button in your player, having it actually open on YouTube in a new tab.

I also left some suggestions in my review on AMO, saying they'd be what it would take to get 5 stars. They are: add an option for a close button--maybe on the top left--and add an option to disable the animation when starting minimized.

I also mention that you could add an option to get a brighter version of the background color if it's dark, rather than just picking a random one.

And I guess I'll now add a request to be able to change the size of the minimized player.
Noitidart

Post by Noitidart »

Hey there Diego, I made a capture & print addon as well but its different. It's meant for native screenshot. So it cant do hidden sections in the tab, just what is visible on the monitors.

Would you be open to linking to my addon from your page - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ativeshot/

With something like this mockup:

http://i.imgur.com/E3TOl8V.png

I would love to link to your addon from my addon page as well. We can be affiliates!
Last edited by DanRaisch on April 14th, 2017, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore page formatting.
Baldape

Post by Baldape »

Please update Bluhell Firewall my brother is having problems on his Android devices where its blocking web-pages and not giving him an option to temporally allow the web-page. :cry:
cdkorzen

Post by cdkorzen »

BluHell Firewall bugs: I'm running BluHell Firewall on Firefox mobile 49.0.2

When BluHell blocks a page, it tries to open resource://bluhellfirewall/blocked.xhtml which just displays a message:
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
After giving the line number, it has something like this:
<h1>Site &blocklist.blocked.label;!
-----------^
I have no idea what this means, other than it's not &, or <, etc. and has no idea how to parse it. But it looks like you expect it to know exactly what should be placed there?
js017

Capture & Print

Post by js017 »

Capture & Print used to work with Firefox Developer Edition but now when you click on the Capture & Print add-on toolbar icon, it just highlights the entire page in yellow and you can't select anything, so you have to refresh the page but it works fine in Firefox. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. Thanks.

Firefox Developer Edition 54.0a2
Firefox 52.0.2
Capture & Print 0.1.9.3.1-signed.1-signed
Windows 7 Home Premium
David_Hart

Post by David_Hart »

Any chance that Capture & Print will be updated to support Firefox 57?
Trev W

Post by Trev W »

Hi Diego

Are you planning on updating Bluhell to work with quantum?
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

Hi Diego,

Bluhell Firewall is great. However, here are three suggestions:

1) Firefox 57 Quantum support (looks like the WebExtensions API would support the functionality okay).
2) Block YouTube pre-roll ads (they appear to be unblocked at present).
3) Possible site whitelist.

Many Thanks.