[Ext] TotalMessage 4.0 [2018-08-31]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Dominik_K

Error in connection with Send Later addon

Post by Dominik_K »

Hi Marc,

with TotalMessage and Send Later activated, a message isn't displayed if I want to show it in an extra tab. Opening in an extra window works. It has to do something with the new TM header because there's the following error message in the error console:

Code: Select all

Zeitstempel: 2013-03-05 11:34:21 AM
Fehler: TypeError: msgFolder is null
Quelldatei: chrome://sendlater3/content/headerView.js
Zeile: 73

Cheers,

Dominik
Dominik_K

Can't open attachment by clicking on link

Post by Dominik_K »

A little bug: If I click on the link of an attachment, instead of opening the attachment the mail is also shown in the attachment frame.
Workaround: Highlighting the attachment and clicking on the now appearing "Open" button.

Hint: I use an IMAP account (also in my last post).

Cheers,

Dominik
alta88

Re: [Ext] TotalMessage 1.0 [2011-12-18]

Post by alta88 »

1. as per the homepage, TM replaces the xul message pane and thus is a significant change which other extensions may not handle. in most cases it's a small fix but work nonetheless. for some (that i use) like QuoteColors and Quote Collapse, the fix is embedded in TM.

2. that's intentional. text or html can be shown quickly in the attachment pane; browser back returns to the list. attachment handling also depends on how external opening is configured, feed attachments are an http link, detached local files are file:// etc etc.
holy_saiyan1

TotalMessage 1.3

Post by holy_saiyan1 »

I believe that the extension TotalMessage 1.3 may have a compatibility problem with Thunderbird 28.0 (build 20140305121112). The message pane for all e-mails is blank, and the error console reads "

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 3/12/2014 12:31:42 AM
Error: undefined entity
Source File: jar:file:///C:/Users/Jesse/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/hr7gvx14.Jesse/extensions/totalmessage@mozdev.org.xpi!/chrome/content/messageNotices.xhtml
Line: 78, Column: 46
Source Code:
              class="msgNotificationBarText">&editMessageDescription.label;</td>

A bit of Googling reveals that this was a problem encountered back in 2011, when a number of entity changes were introduced into Thunderbird 9. Perhaps this is the case, as well?
LoudNoise

Re: TotalMessage 1.3

Post by LoudNoise »

Merging with the author's support thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
alta88

Re: TotalMessage 1.3

Post by alta88 »

holy_saiyan1 wrote:I believe that the extension TotalMessage 1.3 may have a compatibility problem with Thunderbird 28.0 (build 20140305121112).

Correct, that's why it's listed as being compatible up to 27.* only.

TotalMessage will be replaced with TotalHeaders shortly. The biggest difference will be the loss of javascript control in the messagepane; the method to do this outside of compiled code works but just not well enough. Also gone will be the attachments part, but in the intervening years the native Tb attachments UI has gotten a lot better.
holy_saiyan1

Post by holy_saiyan1 »

Ah, yes, that would be why, wouldn't it? I was confused at first why the error started occurring, but realized that it was working in 27, but not 28, and the old maxVersion trick wasn't helping. Will manual threading be a feature of the upcoming TotalHeaders extension? That's roughly 95% of my use case for this extension, fixing e-mail messages whose headers don't respect threading conventions.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the release to see what TotalHeaders looks like. TotalMessage is a good extension, and your work on it is appreciated!
alta88

Post by alta88 »

Yes re manual threading, and it may even lose the extra edit mode step. There will be a custom forward (and maybe print) headers option and various tweaks.
laimaycay

Post by laimaycay »

hi alta88
I need the TotalMessage v1.1 for Thunderbird v 17.
but I can not find in http://totalmessage.mozdev.org/.
where do i can download it?
Pls help me
city_zen

Re: [Ext] TotalMessage 3.1 [2015-05-18]

Post by city_zen »

hi alta88

Thanks again for continuing developing TotalMessage.

I'm trying to make a couple of changes to how the headers in TotalMessage look, via CSS, but I'm not having much succcess.

First of all, is it possible to change the appearance of those headers via editing the userChrome.css file?

If it is indeed possible, let me explain what changes I'm trying to make and how I'm trying to achieve them:

- I'd like the background of the headers to be completely white, instead of the default color. I tried adding

#messageHeaderBody {
background-color: #FFFFFF !important;
}

to the userChrome.csss file but it doesn't seem to change anything. Am I using the right selector?

- I also would like to add some padding to the headers' labels, a few pixels left and right to separate them from the headers' data. I tried adding

.headerLabel {
padding-right: 5px !important;
}

to the userChrome.css file but again nothing changes. Am I also using the wrong selector here?

Please let me know if my changes are achievable via CSS editing and, if possible, what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
alta88

Post by alta88 »

You need to have an html namespace. In Stylish, that means having, as the first line:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

For some things (scrollbars iirc), you also need this string right after:
/* AGENT_SHEET */

I don't use userChrome.css but perhaps the html namespace will help. Unfortunately, this may break your styles for xul elements, as there's only one file and I believe the last one takes precedence, ie including the xul namespace doesn't fix it. Stylish is the way to go, imo.
city_zen

Post by city_zen »

Beautiful, thanks!

I created a new userstyle and added the namespace you suggested plus the code I was adding to the userChrome.css file and it worked :)

So far I haven't noticed any "side effects" regarding other customizations that I've done to the Thunderbird interface.
jetdave

Re: [Ext] TotalMessage 3.2 [2016-07-22]

Post by jetdave »

I can't remove the Subject: prefix in the subject column for all my emails. I tried deleting it in the Customize Headings panel but they're still there. How do I remove them? Thunderbird 42.0.

I don't understand this part of the instructions from the mozdev.org site:

Select the List item in the Select Headers Type to Map menulist for the desired message type

Where and what is "the List item in the Select Headers Type to Map"?

:?:
alta88

Post by alta88 »

In the Headers panel, the list of headers is on the left and the map is on the right. Above the map are 2 menulists; the first selects the message type (mail, news, feed) and the second the type of headers widget to customize - one choice is List (message list or threadpane). You then edit the header on the left by double clicking. The change must saved with the Save button.
jetdave

Post by jetdave »

Thanks! The Headers panel cuts off the right hand part of the menu - just a tiny bit of the save button is visible. Is there any way to resize this panel?