[Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Post by Aris »

Try this one

Code: Select all

#navigator-toolbox::after{
  background:none !important;
}
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Hi Aris,

I didn't know GlassMyFox was yours, you have quite a selection of add-ons. :)

A user of my add-on, The Fox Only Better, mentioned there was an issue where, if GlassMyFox was enabled, the tabs wouldn't be transparent, only a sort of gray. I forgot to contact you at the time, and only remembered now that I saw you moderated the review where the user mentioned this. Personally, I can't reproduce this, GlassMyFox works perfectly for me with TheFOB, the tabs are all transparent. Do you have any idea what the user might have been talking about? Link for the add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ly-better/

Btw, I noticed that GMF doesn't use the outer curves in the new Australis tabs. Is this a choice you made or is it because you can't access its colors to change them? I ask because I know it's hard but I did figure out a way to do it in my own personal stylesheet (using stylish). In case you're interested I can show you how I did it.
Aris

Post by Aris »

No gray tabs in my tests either. GMF offers only four tab options for Fx29+ but all work fine with your add-on.

Overlapping curved tabs looked ugly when they were transparent in my tests, so I didn't add them back then.
Have you achieved to display all of them simultaneously without seeing one behind the other on tab borders?
Quicksaver

Post by Quicksaver »

Ah I understand, I agree, since GMF makes all tabs visible they probably wouldn't look very well like that. I didn't think about that, since in my style only the selected tab is visible.

This is how I made mine look, first tab is pinned, second is selected, third is hovered and fourth is background: Image

Edit: img tag didn't work...
Edit2: got img tag working
spideymouse

Post by spideymouse »

Aris wrote:Try this one

Code: Select all

#navigator-toolbox::after{
  background:none !important;
}
Thanks so much!

I have another question. Is there a reason the sidebar text cannot have the same "white color/black shadow" effect that other browser chrome text can? I want to use an addon to hover a floating transparent sidebar over my content, which makes the text hard to read depending on what's behind it. Does this have to do with the text inherently coming from xul documents only?

If there is a way to make the "white color/black shadow" possible in the sidebar, please let me know. Thank you!

Tim
Aris

Post by Aris »

Sidebar text color settings are availabe for history/bookmarks items in GMF, but these items can not have shadows or at least I have not found a way to add them using css.
Gene1940

Post by Gene1940 »

I started using GlassMyBird a few days ago and so far so good... except I found a small bug.

The Toolbar text choices for "Black text & while shadow" work as expected for both the tool bar and the main menu. With that choice my dark green desktop makes the labels very difficult to read,

I chose "White text & black shadow" and that worked for the toolbar, but not for the main menu. Instead it adds a black shadow to black text, as can be seen in the attached screen capture. [I was going to attach a capture, but there seems no way for me to do that. That's pretty pathetic for a support board. haha.]

I also use your GlassMyFox and Classic Theme Restorer. Thanks very much for your excellent work.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Gene 1940.
Please see this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum Posting a screenshot on the Forum.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Gene1940
GlassMyBird was not updated for almost two years.
I've just posted a new beta build where things should be fine again.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunde ... 1.0.6beta1
Gene1940

Post by Gene1940 »

Aris wrote:@Gene1940
GlassMyBird was not updated for almost two years.
I've just posted a new beta build where things should be fine again.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunde ... 1.0.6beta1

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I downloaded the beta version, but I've still got the same problem.

I have white text with a black shadow on the toolbar, but black text with a black shadow on the main menu (File, Edit, View, etc.). I've included a screen shot.

Gene1940

Post by Gene1940 »

I'm sorry, but when I was testing this earlier, I didn't disable another add-on -- Menu on Top. If I remove Menu on Top then I don't have the font color problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know of another add-on that moves the main menu to where it belongs. Below the tabs seems crazy to me, although the Thunderbird developers probably think I'm the one who's crazy. :-)

Unfortunately, I won't be able to use GlassMyBird. If I have to choose, Menu on Top is more important to me.

I sorry to have caused you unnecessary trouble.

Gene
Aris

Post by Aris »

This is no problem at all. GMB needed to be updated anyway.
Now that I know what caused the problem, I could fix it.
Install 1.0.6beta2 to see the changes.
Gene1940

Post by Gene1940 »

Yes, beta2 has fixed the problem. Thank you very much.
Pizzapops

Post by Pizzapops »

The seems to be a conflict with GMF 1.3.5beta3 and FVD Speed Dial 6.6.1. The background graphic of FVD-SD has a whiter, washed out look. If I disable GMF, it reverts to full color. I am using a dual screen setup and a 3840x1080 monitor wallpaper. The FVD-SD background is synced with the right monitor.
Windows 10 Pro I7/16mb - work laptop, Windows 10 I7/32mb 6TB - home desktop
Cyberfox 52-64, Waterfox 56, Firefox Nightly 62, Opera 12.18, Opera Dev, Vivaldi 1.16
About 46 extensions in the Fx branches. All are portable and run from a USB 3.0 SSD drive.