[Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Post by Aris »

I see, maybe there was a misunderstanding.

Firefox itself has a content background independent of the actual website background. Even if you set your websites background to 'transparent'/AeroGlass, Firefox won't be transparent. For same reasons you cannot have for example about:addons fully transparent and keeping all of its content.

The screenshots you are referring to were made with modified Firefox versions of Fx 3.x. Such projects were not continued.
Firefox 4-26 cannot do this using a style sheet.

Look at the dates. Screenshots and comments were posted four years ago.
need.for.speed

Post by need.for.speed »

I'm in this very parsed, but thought that it was possible to do for any version of firefox. Thank you very much for your answers and your application again. I love you. Namaste (^/\^)
death7lord

Post by death7lord »

Hi
how make glassy "new window"? i see standart background =(
http://i60.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0925/42/ ... e1a842.jpg
P1h3r1e3d13

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

Are there any known issues with Remote Desktop? If not, I'll go ahead and do a clean profile, screenshots, etc. Just wanted to check real quick.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Sorry for the delayed answer, I was not notified about new posts by forum system.

@death7lord: You need to have Stylish installed. In GMF settings you have to select the corresponding "expert setting".

@P1h3r1e3d13: If AeroGlass stays while accessing such a desktop, GMF/GMB should also work fine.
LocutusH

Post by LocutusH »

I absolutely love the transparent tab content feature :) Its really something for users like me, using the plasma tv as a monitor.

But can we tweak it somehow? So that flash and images are not transparent? Or so, that only tha HTML background will be transparent? Its a bit weird, when i see my windows background on any image or video too :)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Unfortunately this is not possible. :(

I would have excluded images and plugins right from the beginning, if it was possible.

If you are interested in tweaking this code, here it is:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
@media all and (-moz-windows-compositor) {

#content browser {
      opacity: 0.8 !important;
   }
   #content{
      background-color: transparent !important;
   }
   #appcontent, #content > tabbox > tabpanels {
      background-color: transparent !important;
   }
}

The opacity value is responsible for the level of transparency.
LocutusH

Post by LocutusH »

Oh thats sad. It would be so cool...

But the adjustable opacity is also nice. Where do i find this code file in my firefox, to change it?
Aris

Post by Aris »

You could either put code into userchrome.css (needs to be created) inside your profile folder or install Stylish add-on and create a new style using the above code.
LocutusH

Post by LocutusH »

Thanks, i did that with stylish addon. Setting the opacity to 0.95 or so makes it better.

But i have an idea. I dont know if its possible? Is there a way to put a background color behind each picture a website displays? The idea came from angry birds friends... inside facebook, its not transparent, even if i set everything to tranpsarent. (in fact its the only think not transparent i came across) Becaue it loads a black background first. Can we do that with some script and all other pictures/flash contents?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Background colors get transparent too, otherwise websites would not be transparent when using that setting.
In fact everything inside "#content browser" gets transparent. Maybe that Facebook area is just an own overlay or internally outside the "browser" tag. Could you post a screenshot?
Aris

Post by Aris »

GMF v1.3.3 is still in review queue. It contains an extra option to make findbar (25+) transparent, but not without "side effects".
(see option description!)

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... ions/1.3.3
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i guess you cannot do magic on windows 8/8.1 too? ;)
actually there is no solution to have glass on win8.1 except an early beta version for x64 from berlios :/
(/me uses x86 and some own glass css code in stylish)
Aris

Post by Aris »

GMF "tells" Fx where to use systems AeroGlass features inside Fx UI. If an OS lacks AeroGlass support, Fx cannot use it and this unfortunately means GMF cannot use it.

For now the (beta) software from berlios is the only solution to have AeroGlass back on 8.1. I don't know, if there is a newer (test/beta) version of Stardocks WindowBlinds with 8.1 support.