[Ext] Easy Copy

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
oombii

[Ext] Easy Copy

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy
Copy page details (such as its title, URL, HTML source, etc.) with one click so you can paste it anywhere else, eg. emails and documents. Copy details of a single page or all open tabs. Similar to Copy URL Plus and Make Link, but with added features (eg. copy all tabs, assign keyboard shortcuts and moving to main menu) and a lot more variables (eg. html_source and more).

Visit the Easy Copy Blog where you can get news about new features, issues, tips and have a chance to give feedback.

Features
* Copy a site's details such as its link, title or URL to the clipboard with one click, ready to paste in any other application.
* Contains pre-built templates for common purposes, including copying the title as a link, Wiki-format links, BBCode links and more.
* Copy details across all tabs in the active window or all windows, with the ability to customise how templates appear. See the Copy All Tabs Options.
* Copy all links on a page or links in the current selection.
* Assign keyboard shortcuts to frequently used templates so they're one key away (Note: Keyconfig is required if you want to manage shortcuts).
* Put templates you frequently use in the main context menu so they're one click away.
* Create new templates with lots of variables to choose from.

Contribute
Flattr Easy Copy or go to the contribution page at Mozilla AMO.

Links
Download from Mozilla Add-ons
Easy Copy - The Blog
Easy Copy Home and Documentation
More ideas for templates
Last edited by oombii on April 30th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 11 times in total.
BG69FU

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy 1.0.0

Post by BG69FU »

Great addon mate, tnx :)

One question. I make HTML shortcut:

Code: Select all

Link: <a href="%page_url%">%page_title%</a>
Date: (%date_time%)

Text: %selection%

Type: html
format for HTML: checked

But, he always appear in one line:

I wont to be multi lines, like in this example:

I tested in Gmail. Tnx :)

==============================

Also if I add this line in "Formating" tab, text still appear in tittle:

• mozillaZine Forums
oombii

Post by oombii »

Thanks for the feedback, BG69FU.

To get multiple lines, you can use standard HTML <br> or <p> tags, eg:

Link: <a href="%page_url%">%page_title%</a><br>
Date: (%date_time%)<br>
<br>
Text: %selection%

Re the title formatting: I think it's because the "•" character at the beginning of "• mozillaZine Forums" is messing things up. I'll have a look at how special characters are handled during the formatting. Thanks for reporting this.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
BG69FU

Post by BG69FU »

Thanks for the quick reply/help oombii, now is working like a charm.

P. S. You should also add option to export settings/templates. Tnx.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Glad I could help, BG69FU. I agree with you on the import/export of settings - wished for it myself now and then. I've got this planned already but it may only come later since I'm concentrating on the core copying features first. Watch out for it in future versions.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
BG69FU

Post by BG69FU »

One more question. How to add dash (-) between date & time format?

Original: 
(Friday, 17 February, 2012 10:07:15)

Changed:
(Friday, 17 February, 2012 - 10:07:15)

Tnx
oombii

Post by oombii »

BG69FU wrote:One more question. How to add dash (-) between date & time format?

If you use %date_time%, Easy Copy uses the Long Date format of your machine's date and time, separated by a space. I suspect the space is fixed, so you can't even edit this in your computer settings (although I wouldn't recommend modifying your computer's date/time format for this anyway).

What would have helped is a %time% variable, so you could use "%date% - %time%", but unfortunately the %time% variable doesn't exist yet. I'll try and get that in with the next release as it's pretty easy to do and it's a variable that could be useful to others as well.

I'm also planning to add the ability to customise the date format as well, maybe as an argument to the variable or in the Formatting pane on the Options dialog. Either way, it would require some knowledge of date formatting syntax, so this feature may only be added a some later date as it's going to take some thinking to make it user-friendly enough.

In the meantime I'll add a %time% variable to the next release, so look out for that. Thanks again for the feedback.
BG69FU

Post by BG69FU »

Thank you so much for this explanation. I'm gonna wait for the next release.

TIA
Poyo

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy

Post by Poyo »

Hello,

Looks nice. But any chance we could use it to extract email address from a web page when we select a part of the page, like plain email adress or the one hide behind a link?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Poyo
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.0.0 is available with new Copy All Tabs features:
* Copy details across all tabs in the active window or all open windows. You can use any template that's normally available from the Easy Copy menu.
* Customise how templates appear when copying all tabs. See the Copy All Tabs Options for details.
* Choose which menus appear in the context menu.

Links
veloci85

Post by veloci85 »

Thanks for this useful extension!
will it support multilanguage in future?
oombii

Post by oombii »

veloci85 wrote:will it support multilanguage in future?

veloci85, multilanguage support could mean a couple of things. Please let me know which one you were specifically referring to:

1) Copying text on a site in any language to the clipboard: This should work. If it doesn't please give me an example of the site, what you copied and what you got instead.

2) Different language support for Easy Copy UI text: This would cover text you see in the Easy Copy options dialog, menu items, documentation, etc. This may not be in the near future since I want to concentrate on some other copying features first.

3) Creating your own templates using any language (eg. for the name and template pattern): This isn't working at the moment. It may relate to the way that preferences are stored by default in Firefox. There is a way to fix this though and I'll aim to get this fixed in the next release or two.

If, as I suspect, you're referring to (3) then that should hopefully be coming soon in a release or two so keep your eye on that.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Poyo wrote:But any chance we could use it to extract email address from a web page when we select a part of the page, like plain email adress or the one hide behind a link?

Poyo, sorry for only responding now - I missed your message before. This sounds like a good idea but there are some other things that I'm hoping to work on at the moment. I'll definitely note it and hopefully incorporate it at some point, but unfortunately can't say when though.
veloci85

Post by veloci85 »

oombii wrote:1) Copying text on a site in any language to the clipboard: This should work. If it doesn't please give me an example of the site, what you copied and what you got instead.

2) Different language support for Easy Copy UI text: This would cover text you see in the Easy Copy options dialog, menu items, documentation, etc. This may not be in the near future since I want to concentrate on some other copying features first.

3) Creating your own templates using any language (eg. for the name and template pattern): This isn't working at the moment. It may relate to the way that preferences are stored by default in Firefox. There is a way to fix this though and I'll aim to get this fixed in the next release or two.
If, as I suspect, you're referring to (3) then that should hopefully be coming soon in a release or two so keep your eye on that.

Thank you for replay.
sorry I didn't express clearly. When I posted I'm thinkin' of (2)
I've try to modify the file "preferences.xul" to make the interface display in Chinese
but it not a good solution actually...

And I do have problem of (3) too. when I using Chinese for template name it became meaningless stream.
glad to know it will be fixed soon.
Thanks again :)
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.0.1 is available:
* Fixed an issue where templates created in some languages (eg. Japanese and Chinese) weren't working. You should now be able to create your own templates in any language.

veloci85, this fixes issue (3) that I mentioned above, so please download the latest version and let me know if you have problems creating your own templates in Chinese.

Links