[Ext] Easy Copy

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
difabor

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy

Post by difabor »

Thanks a lot, very smart addon that makes very smart and customizable copy.
But what is really helpful and usefull - is smart PASTE.
Probably it should be another addon (let say "Easy Paste") that picks up all details, requisites, including highlighted text from one tab/site and allows to paste the chosen fragments into any form, required by another site.
Let assume, that I want to cloudly bookmark into some cload bookmark/notes service (e.g. Nexus) some page, interested for me.
The Nexus requires an url, title, notes etc., but separately
Having an "Easy Paste" addon I can copy (pick up) all details, requisites of the page that I want to bookmark into Nexus and easyly fill up the required by Nexus form in the other tub (where is Nexus).
Such addon ("Easy Paste") should have multilevel sub-menu:
1. Easy Paste ->
2. Pick/Paste/Paste All/Settings ->
3. For Paste and Paste All - formats (URL, Title, Title Link and all custimize by user formats).
For Setings - Optins window (as in Addon Manager)
For Pick - nothing
---------------------------------------------
Thanks, difabor
eater99999

Post by eater99999 »

This is a great extension!

I am having one issue. When I use it to copy a composite item, like "%selection% %page_url%" on a Linux computer, and then paste it onto another machine using a shared clipboard with Synergy (http://synergy-foss.org/), only the first half of the paste comes through.

I'm not sure if that's an issue with the Linux clipboard or with Synergy. It works in the opposite direction, though, pasting from Mac onto Linux, just fine.

Any suggestions?
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Good, thanks.

Please add a variable to line break. Some textareas doesn't allow HTML tags (<br />), but allow multiline.

Example:

%n% -> variable to break line, so:

[link=%page_url%]%page_title%[/link]%n%%n%%selection%

Using in this selection:

Copy page details (such as its title, URL, HTML source, etc.) with one click so you can paste it anywhere else, eg. emails and documents. Copy details of a single page or all open tabs. Similar to Copy URL Plus and Make Link, but with added features (eg. copy all tabs, assign keyboard shortcuts and moving to main menu) and a lot more variables (eg. html_source and more).

should copy:
[link=http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2421905&sid=e71b4c40288b4cc4ad41f44bebe17034][Ext] Easy Copy • mozillaZine Forums[/link]

Copy page details (such as its title, URL, HTML source, etc.) with one click so you can paste it anywhere else, eg. emails and documents. Copy details of a single page or all open tabs. Similar to Copy URL Plus and Make Link, but with added features (eg. copy all tabs, assign keyboard shortcuts and moving to main menu) and a lot more variables (eg. html_source and more).
oombii

Post by oombii »

pintassilgo wrote:Please add a variable to line break. Some textareas doesn't allow HTML tags (<br />), but allow multiline.

From what I can see, you don't need any HTML tags. It looks like you just want to (a) make the template's Type "text" instead of "html" and then (b) add the linebreaks manually in the Template in the Easy Copy Options dialog. Pressing Enter in the Template text area should allow you to create blank lines. If it doesn't, please let me know what OS and version of Firefox you're using.

So the Template should look like this:

Code: Select all

[link=%page_url%]%page_title%[/link]

%selection%

Let me know if this helps.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
oombii

Post by oombii »

eater99999 wrote:I am having one issue. When I use it to copy a composite item, like "%selection% %page_url%" on a Linux computer, and then paste it onto another machine using a shared clipboard with Synergy (http://synergy-foss.org/), only the first half of the paste comes through.

Sorry for only responding now - I haven't been getting forum notifications - but I hope you're problem has been solved. If it's working on the host machine (ie. copying on Linux and pasting in a Linux app) then it sounds like it's related to something in Synergy.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

oombii wrote:It looks like you just want to (a) make the template's Type "text" instead of "html" and then (b) add the linebreaks manually in the Template in the Easy Copy Options dialog. Pressing Enter in the Template text area should allow you to create blank lines. If it doesn't, please let me know what OS and version of Firefox you're using.

So the Template should look like this:

[link=%page_url%]%page_title%[/link]

%selection%

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

I was pasting the copied text into notepad, but in there the line breaks are not being added. For some reason, paste in textareas works.
heam_pro

Post by heam_pro »

how to configure copy "links" in selected text
can you add option to copy all links in page
and copy all download link in the page
oombii

Post by oombii »

hessam_pro wrote:how to configure copy "links" in selected text

Unfortunately not at the moment. I'll have a look at how much work it would be and then get back to you, hessam_pro.

BTW, when you say "all links in page" and "all download links in the page", I assume you mean links to other pages *and* links to files that you can download?
heam_pro

Post by heam_pro »

oombii wrote:
hessam_pro wrote:how to configure copy "links" in selected text

Unfortunately not at the moment. I'll have a look at how much work it would be and then get back to you, hessam_pro.

BTW, when you say "all links in page" and "all download links in the page", I assume you mean links to other pages *and* links to files that you can download?

yes i mean link to other page or even just copy other page link is good
for download link,example copy download link with this extension *.zip *.rar *.exe or even more
and other method is detect download link without extension
example
http://www.putlocker.com/file/2BD3171677DCA944
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.2.0 is now available with copy links on a page features:
* You can now copy all links on a page or just the links in the current selection. Links include links to other pages and download links such as PDFs and video files. See the Easy Copy templates and variables documentation, specifically the templates Links On Page (Text) and Links On Page (HTML).
* Added a shortcut to the Options dialog from submenus for faster access. Can be hidden from Options > Display.
* Added a shortcut to contribute to Easy Copy from submenus. Can be hidden from Options > Display.
* Sites with no title now fall back to using the URL. Before they used to return blank.

Links
Download from Mozilla Add-ons
Easy Copy Home and Documentation
Easy Copy Templates and Variables Documentation
Shogunreaper

Post by Shogunreaper »

Can you make an option to copy all links in tabs with specific text

ie if you have multiple tabs open of the same website, only copy the links from those and ignore the others.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Shogunreaper wrote:Can you make an option to copy all links in tabs with specific text

ie if you have multiple tabs open of the same website, only copy the links from those and ignore the others.

Thanks for the feedback. If your requirement is to copy all tabs from the same site, can I suggest another alternative to specifying text. My suggestion would be to add this feature to the dialog that pops up when you select "Choose Tabs from Active Window".

The dialog could give you the options of grouping tabs in different ways, eg. by site, by tab group, etc. and then you should be able to select a particular group to copy.

For example:

[ ] www.anothersite.com
    [ ] Page 1 on AnotherSite
    [ ] Page 2 on AnotherSite
[x] www.othersite.com   
    [x] Page 1 on OtherSite
    [x] Page 2 on OtherSite
[ ] www.somesite.com
    [ ] Page 1 on SomeSite
    [ ] Page 2 on SomeSite

Would this do what you were thinking of?

If it does, I'll have to look at the work involved to see if this is isn't too difficult and then decide when it would be added to Easy Copy. But I'll update the thread with the outcome.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Shogunreaper

Post by Shogunreaper »

I think that would do what i suggest, although my way seems like a lot less work lol.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy now has a blog where you can get news about new features, issues, tips and have a chance to give feedback: Easy Copy - The Blog

The next feature planned for 2.3.0 is the one suggested by Shogunreaper to filter tabs based on text when copying all tabs. See Only copy tabs for a specific site when copying all tabs.
borisj26

Post by borisj26 »

Hi

I have been using this Add-on for long. It has many features in single Add-on.
But Now a day i am doing research work. And I need to copy content from 100s of tabs to read offline.

At present this Add-on can copy "HTML Source" of all tabs.

Can you please suggest me the Template code to COPY TEXT CONTENT OF ALL Tabs

Please help me

Thanks