[Ext] Easy Copy

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
borisj26

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy

Post by borisj26 »

Please reply ASAP
Last edited by borisj26 on April 30th, 2014, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
borisj26

Post by borisj26 »

Is This Easy Copy Addon available for chrome or opera
oombii

Post by oombii »

borisj26 wrote:Can you please suggest me the Template code to COPY TEXT CONTENT OF ALL Tabs

If you were only copying a single page then I'd recommend using the %selection% variable and a text-type template. However, since you're using Copy All Tabs, you can't use %selection%.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add a variable called %page_text% that would just return the full text of the page. It does sound like a generally useful variable. Then you could make your own template for copying the full page. I'm not guaranteeing that the text will look pretty, but it should at least bring you back the whole page as text only.

borisj26 wrote:Is This Easy Copy Addon available for chrome or opera

No, unfortunately it's not available for Chrome or Opera. I have considered doing a Chrome version but I just haven't had the time so no luck there...

If you want to stay up to date with what's happening with Easy Copy (and when the new variable will be available), then check out the Easy Copy Blog. I've just released v2.3.0 a couple of hours ago so there might be a bit of a gap between now and the next version.
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.3.0 is now available:
* When copying all tabs, the Choose All Tabs selection dialog now allows you to search tabs matching some text. This allows you to, for example, copy only tabs from a specific site. Details on this feature is available at the Copy All Tabs documentation.

Thanks to Shogunreaper for suggesting this feature.

If you like Easy Copy, then Flattr it or contribute from the Mozilla Add-ons page.

Links
Download from Mozilla Add-ons
Easy Copy Home and Documentation
Please support Easy Copy by contributing on Patreon, via PayPal or with a Flattr.
Sull

Post by Sull »

Hello and thank you for this add-on,

I use it on a old PC and now I want to configure it for my new.
But I have a problem : first of all I deleted all the default templates,
and now when I want to create a new template, the New button doesn't work :(

I use CometBird and Firefox, so I test both of them for compare.
The New button is working when there is some template in the list,
but once all templates are deleted, it's impossible to create new !

I tried to uninstall, reboot, and install again Easy Copy 2.3.0, but I have the same problem,
because now, I only have a empty templates list even after the new install !
I have looked in app data/profiles/extensions (win7) for uninstall manualy,
but easycopy@smokyink.com folder is already deleted when I uninstalled from firefox.
I also tried to install again Easy Copy, and copy/paste the easycopy@smokyink.com folder from my old PC, without success.
I tried regedit.exe / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, software, mozilla plugins, but I don't see anything who interest me.

I see no solution to my problem, could you help me ? Thank !
oombii

Post by oombii »

Sull wrote:I use it on a old PC and now I want to configure it for my new.
But I have a problem : first of all I deleted all the default templates,
and now when I want to create a new template, the New button doesn't work :(

Glad you're enjoying the addon :) but sad you got the problem :( It should allow you to delete all default templates. The good news is I've found the issue that's preventing that (it only happens when the list is empty) but it I'll have to release a new version.

But first, to help you get back all the default templates:

Type about:config in your address bar, search for easycopy and look for the preference extensions.easycopy.lastPrefsVersion.
Right-click on extensions.easycopy.lastPrefsVersion and press Reset. Then restart Firefox.

All the default templates should be there now.

To delete all default templates
As a temporary workaround for what you want to do, *first* create your new template(s) *then* delete all the default templates. This will ensure that the list is never empty. Alternatively, you could just *disable* the default templates for now.

I'll hopefully get a fix coming soon. Thanks for raising the issue and hope you get it working.
Sull

Post by Sull »

Thank you for your quick response !
The problem is now completely solved !
I can again enjoy the functionalities of Easy Copy :-)
exkaliber357

Post by exkaliber357 »

Wow! Great program. For anyone that saves articles off the web, this is awesome.
One small issue after the last update. The date format has changed.
My date used to look like this -
2014-05-03
Now it looks like this -
5/3/2014
Is there anything I can do to change this date format?

Thank you for your time & hard work.
oombii

Post by oombii »

exkaliber357 wrote:Wow! Great program. For anyone that saves articles off the web, this is awesome.

Thanks, I'm glad you like Easy Copy.

One small issue after the last update. The date format has changed.

You're right, the format has changed. The issue is actually caused by a Firefox update. Firefox 28 returns the expected value (your machine's date format) but Firefox 29 returns the one you noticed (a standard format) with Easy Copy 2.3.0.

The reason is that Firefox 29 has changed the date API so it works slightly differently now, so I'll have to update Easy Copy. Normally they inform extension developers about compatibility issues but sadly not this time.

I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'll be updating the Easy Copy Blog if you want to keep up to date. There isn't much you can do to workaround the problem other than wait for the fix.

Thanks for raising this issue.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.3.1 is now available:
The only fix in this release is an issue with the date format produced by %date% and %date_time%. Dates that should be in long format (eg. 28 April 2014) would incorrectly return in short format (eg. 28/4/2014) in Firefox 29.

Thanks to exkaliber357 for raising this issue.

If you like Easy Copy, then Flattr it or contribute from the Mozilla Add-ons page.

Links
HPA

Post by HPA »

Thank you for a most useable plugin!!

I have some trouble copying multiline templates to notepad. It all comes out as one line even though the template is multiline and it is set to "Text".

There is one simple (if such a thing exists in the programming world :-) suggestion: Adding a checkbox named "Run" which, when checked, makes the generated text be treated as a URL and opened up in a new window (another checkbox). This can be used in a number of ways

* Google search: "https://www.google.com/#q=%selection%"
* Searching for trailers: "https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%selection%"
* Searching in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=%selection%&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go
etc

There might be a need for three buttons in total: Run, Window and "Replace <space> with '+'".

Have fun,
Hans Peter
oombii

Post by oombii »

HPA wrote:Thank you for a most useable plugin!!

Glad you like it :)

HPA wrote:I have some trouble copying multiline templates to notepad. It all comes out as one line even though the template is multiline and it is set to "Text".

Thanks for raising this issue. I could reproduce the issue but it's not likely going to get fixed soon because of the priority of other features. There is a workaround though: Use any editor other than Notepad such as TextPad, Notepad++ or Word. From my research and testing, it's only Notepad that doesn't know how to deal with the line breaks that Easy Copy produces.

Technical note: Windows expects line breaks to be '\r\n'. However, the Firefox multiline textbox seems to insert '\n' as the line break and that's how the preference is saved. Every other application on Windows knows how to handle '\n'... except for Notepad :(

HPA wrote:Adding a checkbox named "Run" which, when checked, makes the generated text be treated as a URL and opened up in a new window (another checkbox).

A very interesting idea which would be fun to implement except that there are some reasons why it won't be a good idea for Easy Copy:
(1) My goal is to make Easy Copy do one thing and do it well: Make it easy to copy stuff on the web. Adding these new features would be a bit outside of that goal. This also aligns with your (very true) statement about programming: I'm hoping to keep things simple for Easy Copy :)

(2) There are already really good extensions out there that do what you suggested but with a *lot* more features. I personally use ConQuery myself but there are others like Context Search X (can't vouch for it as I haven't used it). ConQuery hasn't been updated for recent Firefox versions but it works just fine with Firefox 29 if you bypass compatibility validation.

Thanks again for the suggestion and raising the issue.
oombii

Post by oombii »

Easy Copy v2.4.0 is now available:
* (New): New variable %page_text_content% that copies the entire document's content as text. Useful when using with Copy All Tabs. As requested by borisj26.
* (Fixed): Template text box now accepts the Tab character so you can create templates that include the Tab character.

Please support Easy Copy by Flattring it or contributung from the Mozilla Add-ons page.

Links
mad_kao

Post by mad_kao »

Thanks for your great add-on.

One issue is that I use Template "%title% - %url%" a lot, but when relating to non-ASCII characters in URL, the URL copy from Template "%title% - %url%" always get a UTF8 encoded one, which is difficult to differentiate on certain sites.

For example, Like Wikipedia - http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/

The URL I copied from Easycopy extension is UTF encoded : "http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/%E6%B0%AF%E5%B7%B1%E5%AE%9A"

But the actual URL I want with original languange is "http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/氯己定".

Actually I get the non encoded URL from copying the address bar by changing " network.standard-url.escape-utf8;" to "false" in about:config setup, which is not affecting easycopy extension output.

And I also checked your blog "Easy Copy - The Blog: Handling characters from any language in preferences used by Firefox extensions - http://easycopyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014 ... other.html", but got no clue to achieve this.

Thanks for your help. Please tell how to get the non encoded URL from Easycopy extenion.
oombii

Post by oombii »

mad_kao wrote:Thanks for your great add-on.

Pleasure, I'm glad you like the add-on :)

mad_kao wrote:Thanks for your help. Please tell how to get the non encoded URL from Easycopy extenion.

Unfortunately you can't do that at the moment. I'll have to investigate what Firefox does when the "network.standard-url.escape-utf8" preference is set to false because Easy Copy just uses the default URL provided by the document that Firefox creates (technically window.location.href).

I'll have a think about how to support this because there are two options:
1) Easy Copy obeys the "network.standard-url.escape-utf8" preference.

2) Easy Copy adds its own preference (eg. Encode UTF-8 URLs) to the options dialog that's independent of the Firefox preference.

mad_kao wrote:And I also checked your blog...

Ah yes, the blog post was about how preferences get stored and retrieved, not really about how templates (and URLs) are resolved. But hope it was useful nonetheless :)

Thanks for raising this request and I've added it to the list but can't give an estimate on when it will be done. It will all depend on how easy it is to do. Please follow the Easy Copy blog for updates.